• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly only won 1 title because Kyrie/Love were hurt then a cap explosion and fantastic timing allowed GS to add Durant.
Yep, every title involves some amount of luck

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
am I the only one go think’s Giannis ain’t one? Now go easy cause I haven’t seen much of him, but what I have seen ehhhh. I find him a little bit muscle bound. Last night, he drove to hoop, used his left and ball bounces of backboard ended up at foul line.. exaggeration yes, but he really wasn’t contested.
I won't go easy on you

Uh Oh Reaction GIF by WWE

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been so long I can't even remember that game lol. They did a pretty good job on Embiid but Harden and Maxey were out. I had to look back. This is going to be a tough game especially since CLE isn't good on the road.
Cavs are crazy that way. I have only seen them play about 5-6 times outside of highlights but noticing their record on ESPN they’re an incredible 25-6 at home vs 13-16 on the road. Also it’s crazy to me that the Cavs have played 60 games already while the Sixers are sitting at 56. Not sure if the Cavs have played more than the average or the Sixers have played less. There’s been a push from the Sixers to build their own building instead of sharing a building with the Flyers. This is why. The Sixers get screwed every year because the NBA has to schedule around the NHL. The Sixers pay rent on that building. This results in a bunch of back to backs and a bunch of 3 games in 4 days situations.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs are crazy that way. I have only seen them play about 5-6 times outside of highlights but noticing their record on ESPN they’re an incredible 25-6 at home vs 13-16 on the road. Also it’s crazy to me that the Cavs have played 60 games already while the Sixers are sitting at 56. Not sure if the Cavs have played more than the average or the Sixers have played less. There’s been a push from the Sixers to build their own building instead of sharing a building with the Flyers. This is why. The Sixers get screwed every year because the NBA has to schedule around the NHL. The Sixers pay rent on that building. This results in a bunch of back to backs and a bunch of 3 games in 4 days situations.
There are only a couple teams that have played around 60 games. Not sure why they played so many more games but I was curious too.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does that first part mean?

Not having a stretch 4 is the biggest issue IMO.

Ymmv.

Miami is ranked 28th in 3 pt %.

The first part basically means he should have been traded by now

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami is ranked 28th in 3 pt %.

The first part basically means he should have been traded by now

Ok. Yeah Mimi had a lot of bad luck this year

A lot of their roster regressed making it hard to make a move

I thought they should’ve just let him walk in fa since they got blood out of a stone already

But I get not…a sign and trade could’ve worked as well

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off Cuban should have asked the state of Texas if the wanted that headcase.

Second, my bad, I was referring to just the superstar, which imo, are very rare.. and while on topic, ->am I the only one go think’s Giannis ain’t one?<- Now go easy cause I haven’t seen much of him, but what I have seen ehhhh. I find him a little bit muscle bound. Last night, he drove to hoop, used his left and ball bounces of backboard ended up at foul line.. exaggeration yes, but he really wasn’t contested.

Still think superstars control league. LEBRON

Yes (english)

Si (spanish)

Oui (french)

Ja (german)

Da (macedonian)

Nai (greek)

Is saying yes in six different languages enough? Because you're way off trying to say Giannis isn't a superstar.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you really saying all mistakes are equal if no title?

Good to know we have a lot of company with the Anthony Bennett disaster.

Cavs could afford that disaster of a pick (and it wasn't the only one) since they kept "winning" the lottery...lol.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The mistake stated trading the superior player (green) and a first for Schroeder

I don’t dislike schroeder, but green was rhe perfect fit there.

His shooting dropped nearly 10 pts from 3 with the Lakers from the previous season, and even further in the playoffs. His defense wasn't was it used to be either, and he was the focus of a lot of fire following that season.

Let's not talk like Green was at his best with LA. They did overpay to move him, though.

To nitpick since it's such a common error, the man's name is Schroder (I don't have an umlaut o key, lol).

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His shooting dropped nearly 10 pts from 3 with the Lakers from the previous season, and even further in the playoffs. His defense wasn't was it used to be either, and he was the focus of a lot of fire following that season.

Let's not talk like Green was at his best with LA. They did overpay to move him, though.

To nitpick since it's such a common error, the man's name is Schroder (I don't have an umlaut o key, lol).

Wasn't Schroder the 6th Man of the Year when the Lakers got him?

It seemed like a pretty good deal at the time. They needed bench depth.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off Cuban should have asked the state of Texas if the wanted that headcase.

Second, my bad, I was referring to just the superstar, which imo, are very rare.. and while on topic, am I the only one go think’s Giannis ain’t one? Now go easy cause I haven’t seen much of him, but what I have seen ehhhh. I find him a little bit muscle bound. Last night, he drove to hoop, used his left and ball bounces of backboard ended up at foul line.. exaggeration yes, but he really wasn’t contested.

Still think superstars control league. LEBRON
OK this proves it, you're playing a character right? Pretending to be a complete idiot about basketball so we give you attention? You're very good at it.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said above, luck is involved in every title in every sport

I was being a smart ass

But yes this is accurate

Just look at the chiefs, an unforced fumble saved that game for them.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't Schroder the 6th Man of the Year when the Lakers got him?

It seemed like a pretty good deal at the time. They needed bench depth.

Bench depth is fine, but when you trade a starter and a first for him, you aren’t doing that.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I almost wonder if there was something going on in the background that year because his ft% also cratered that year

His 3pt shooting bounced back a bit but no surprise his shooting was at its best on the best team he ever played on (tor title team)

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was being a smart ass

But yes this is accurate

Just look at the chiefs, an unforced fumble saved that game for them.
EVERY title involves luck. Luck in general is very underappreciated in sports. The games are played with two teams full of professionals who are the best in the world at the sport. Some days one guy gets hot, some days the other guy does, injuries, random mistakes, the whole thing. Randomness is a big part of outcomes.

And yet we put narratives on these events driven by luck. Would MJ be the GOAT if he was drafted by Houston or Portland? Would we keep ignoring the early 1990s Buffalo Bills as one of the greatest teams ever if Norwood hadn't missed? The examples are endless.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bench depth is fine, but when you trade a starter and a first for him, you aren’t doing that.

He wasn't starter-worthy for a Championship team though

He averaged 8ppg in both the regular season and the playoffs but his 3 point shooting (the MAIN reason they needed him) dropped to below 34% in the playoffs.

Dude went from averaging 45% from three at Toronto to 37% with LA,. 84% from the free throw line to 69%

The Lakers needed to prioritize what they needed and what they needed most was depth. The numbers Danny was putting up were a dime a dozen.