• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,175.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EVERY title involves luck. Luck in general is very underappreciated in sports. The games are played with two teams full of professionals who are the best in the world at the sport. Some days one guy gets hot, some days the other guy does, injuries, random mistakes, the whole thing. Randomness is a big part of outcomes.

And yet we put narratives on these events driven by luck. Would MJ be the GOAT if he was drafted by Houston or Portland? Would we keep ignoring the early 1990s Buffalo Bills as one of the greatest teams ever if Norwood hadn't missed? The examples are endless.
Great points, but Jordan would have been the goat on the Washington Generals.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EVERY title involves luck. Luck in general is very underappreciated in sports. The games are played with two teams full of professionals who are the best in the world at the sport. Some days one guy gets hot, some days the other guy does, injuries, random mistakes, the whole thing. Randomness is a big part of outcomes.

And yet we put narratives on these events driven by luck. Would MJ be the GOAT if he was drafted by Houston or Portland? Would we keep ignoring the early 1990s Buffalo Bills as one of the greatest teams ever if Norwood hadn't missed? The examples are endless.

I completely agree

100%

Ping pong balls have a bigger impact on the nba finals than any player ever

Freaking ping pong balls!!

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes we know your schtick, but my point stands. On those other teams with a different front office and all that, he doesn't go 6-0 in the Finals.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Replace another player with Pippen and he isn't GOAT, let alone being on the Generals. It doesn't matter...he won't be GOAT for much longer

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Replace another player with Pippen and he isn't GOAT, let alone being on the Generals. It doesn't matter...he won't be GOAT for much longer
Maybe. Maybe not. All we know for sure is what happened. MJ may be replaced as GOAT but there will never be another champion like him. I love the contrast between the two guys in the running. LeBron is a freak of nature that you could convince me was constructed in a lab. Michael Jordan got cut from his high school basketball team. One guy was anointed and the other guy had to grind for everything he ever got.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Acting like Danny Green was in his prime with the Lakers is just silly

He was a decent little pick up. But the numbers the Lakers wanted from him weren't the numbers he gave Toronto the year before.

The trade for Schroder at the time was more than justified.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't starter-worthy for a Championship team though

He averaged 8ppg in both the regular season and the playoffs but his 3 point shooting (the MAIN reason they needed him) dropped to below 34% in the playoffs.

Dude went from averaging 45% from three at Toronto to 37% with LA,. 84% from the free throw line to 69%

The Lakers needed to prioritize what they needed and what they needed most was depth. The numbers Danny was putting up were a dime a dozen.

This is fair

I didn’t realize he struggled quite that much

But he’s bounced back

Very weird that he shot worse in the bubble when many other guys were doing it way better

His numbers that year are way out of line with what he was doing before

Really makes you wonder if something else was going on

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,175.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah Wembanman will need a good 20 years, he’s the only one in sight

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. Maybe not. All we know for sure is what happened. MJ may be replaced as GOAT but there will never be another champion like him. I love the contrast between the two guys in the running. LeBron is a freak of nature that you could convince me was constructed in a lab. Michael Jordan got cut from his high school basketball team. One guy was anointed and the other guy had to grind for everything he ever got.

The part people leave out is Jordan grew like 6 inches between those two seasons

And he didn’t make varsity on a loaded team of upperclassmen

He was a late bloomer physically

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there's one thing we know about LeBron James, it's that he doesn't work hard.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is fair

I didn’t realize he struggled quite that much

But he’s bounced back

Very weird that he shot worse in the bubble when many other guys were doing it way better

His numbers that year are way out of line with what he was doing before

Really makes you wonder if something else was going on

The Lakers curse.

They seem to get a lot of players in hope they can replicate their numbers from the season before and they never live up to it.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't go easy on you

Uh Oh Reaction GIF by WWE
Sorry, just don’t find him to be as fluid a player like an MJ or Bron . He’s terrible from the line I understand as well . Cmon man

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there's one thing we know about LeBron James, it's that he doesn't work hard.
He worked very hard. I think he was the best 18-year-old high school player to ever have his games played on ESPN of all the anointed players who had their games on ESPN.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That has almost nothing to do with what I wrote.

Congrats.
Absolutely does , you said in that post that I responded too ‘teams need to make moves for success and I said it’s the players not teams making the moves …. You thinkit was the suns wizardry who landed Durant ? or was it Durant who chose the suns?