• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Training Camp

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Boone and Risner are not serious injuries.

2Kback

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad about Boone, was looking forward to seeing him. 2 Weeks isn't bad as long as it doesn't linger though.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boone was a quad injury. Shouldn't be too big of a deal as long as it isn't torn.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems like no Qb is winning the day .
it’s more like the other loses the day.
this may be Drew’s last stand Saturday
i hope he balls out

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems like no Qb is winning the day .
it’s more like the other loses the day.
this may be Drew’s last stand Saturday
i hope he balls out
Its like groundhog day every other day. I hope he balls out as well, but faith is dwindling. The concerning thing is Teddy isn't showing the "consistency" he is supposed to have. Season could be frustrating with the talent we have an no QB to unLock it.

2Kback

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its like groundhog day every other day. I hope he balls out as well, but faith is dwindling. The concerning thing is Teddy isn't showing the "consistency" he is supposed to have. Season could be frustrating with the talent we have an no QB to unLock it.
I'm letting it play out. I don't trust training camp microscopes, too many years hearing about how the ball never touches the ground and then the QB ends up washing out. Like Peyton said, Training camp and practice are where you throw picks.

These are 2 premiere defenses also, I read Cousins is struggling in the joint practices as well.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When looking at just the Lock and Bridgewater competition this training camp. The ups and downs for the fortunes of each QB - is more a factor of which personnel and what schemes are employed by the defensive coaches - than Lock or Bridgewater's consistency as a QB at this stage.

Again - it is my believe that coaches need to name a #1 QB and let that person play themselves into or out of the job. Training camp competition at QB just confuses the F***k out of Players, reporters and fans.

coloradobuff

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

9News' Mike Klis reports RB Mike Boone will miss 4-6 weeks with a quad injury.​

Boone doesn't need surgery on the injured quad. The recovery timetable "could have been worse," according to Klis. Boone, the apple of best ball drafters' collective eye in March, was having a "terrific" training camp, Klis added. Javonte Williams and Melvin Gordon will split Denver's backfield duties to start the season. The explosive Boone could be a factor later in the year if either or both backs struggle with injuries.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could mean Royce Freeman is spared a roster spot to start the season.

I just want Damaera Crockett on the PS. A player I have always liked. Boone's injury could be much worse. If anything it puts a dent into our special teams more then our running game. We really needed him on kick coverage. 4-6 weeks is 1-3 weeks of regular season. Not bad.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think no matter what happens Saturday, we will not know a stater. Both these guys have had horrible days snd great days. After the Seattle game I think we know.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Peter King, Paton said he owed it to Elway to try Lock one more season. Lets see how he does tomorrow. This team has too many offensive weapons' and maybe the best defense to waste a year with sub standard QB play.

IMO, Philip Rivers is the answer if Denver wants to compete for a playoff spot this year and try to get Rodgers next year.
Rivers last year had the same stats as Matt Stafford. You need 7.7 ypa and a 2 to 1 TD/INT ratio minimum. Indy averaged 28 ppg last year.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really expect Lock to get first opportunity come regular season. They are pretty well "locked" together right now and we are going to go with the guy who is younger and we invested in a bit more... If not we will lean back on Bridgewater as a stop gap and draft a QB next year.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

9News' Mike Klis reports RB Mike Boone will miss 4-6 weeks with a quad injury.​

Boone doesn't need surgery on the injured quad. The recovery timetable "could have been worse," according to Klis. Boone, the apple of best ball drafters' collective eye in March, was having a "terrific" training camp, Klis added. Javonte Williams and Melvin Gordon will split Denver's backfield duties to start the season. The explosive Boone could be a factor later in the year if either or both backs struggle with injuries.

Maybe Freeman plays enough to be traded once Boone gets back and we end up getting something for a guy who otherwise would have been cut.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freeman really has zero trade value... Hard enough to get trade value out of a RB let alone one that is 4th string and doesn't make an impact on special teams. If he is released I am sure he will sign elsewhere but doubt we get a draft pick in return for him barring an injury. There are already plenty of good RB's on the free agent market right now available to teams. With Boone injured I am guessing Freeman starts the year on the roster but who knows. Boone may only miss one game we may save the roster spot. Crockett vs Bellamy for the PS will be interesting. Always been a big Crockett guy since his days at Mizzou but Bellamy has very good speed and can play some special teams. Might be more valuable. Crockett is more like a Royce Freeman. So it probably depends on what one/type we think we need more.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freeman really has zero trade value... Hard enough to get trade value out of a RB let alone one that is 4th string and doesn't make an impact on special teams. If he is released I am sure he will sign elsewhere but doubt we get a draft pick in return for him barring an injury. There are already plenty of good RB's on the free agent market right now available to teams. With Boone injured I am guessing Freeman starts the year on the roster but who knows. Boone may only miss one game we may save the roster spot. Crockett vs Bellamy for the PS will be interesting. Always been a big Crockett guy since his days at Mizzou but Bellamy has very good speed and can play some special teams. Might be more valuable. Crockett is more like a Royce Freeman. So it probably depends on what one/type we think we need more.
Freeman actually had good contain on one of the kick coverages. Not sure how his play will be graded by the coaches, but he was being given a chance to impress.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far - I see the best of both worlds - the players are happy and loose and on the field they are executing their assignments. I'm already at the Broncos might surprise angle.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freeman actually had good contain on one of the kick coverages. Not sure how his play will be graded by the coaches, but he was being given a chance to impress.
Just saying his value isnt as a special teams player. Nobody is bringing him on for his special teams play. Mingo could contain on special teams if he played disciplined.