• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Patriots and the NFL Draft

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In hindsight, why didn't anyone say Lawrence smoked weed so he could have fallen to us?
Well shit, how come nobody asked me???

I had to tell that mother fucker "Puff Puff Pass" so many times we started to call him Humphrey.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well hats off to BB and team, it appears between FA and the draft the rebuild took a huge step forward. FA I grade and A, Draft I grade an A, lets see if this paper giant can't make it happen on the field. QB is still very much in question, I see Hoyer being the odd man out. I guess the QB depth chart is CAM, STID then JONES. If what I have been seeing about STID is true he could challenge for the starting role

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mac Jones signed a $15.58M contract 100% guaranteed with a fifth year option. $8.6M was a signing bonus.

BB said that Cam was the QB. With Jones fully aboard, it's not a question of if Jones will take over but when will Jones take over.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mac Jones signed a $15.58M contract 100% guaranteed with a fifth year option. $8.6M was a signing bonus.

BB said that Cam was the QB. With Jones fully aboard, it's not a question of if Jones will take over but when will Jones take over.
Makes sense taking him that high and Stid is on his way out the door in a year

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not so sure I get the RB pick in general. Can someone explain that pick to me better than getting another WR or a CB?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well hats off to BB and team, it appears between FA and the draft the rebuild took a huge step forward. FA I grade and A, Draft I grade an A, lets see if this paper giant can't make it happen on the field. QB is still very much in question, I see Hoyer being the odd man out. I guess the QB depth chart is CAM, STID then JONES. If what I have been seeing about STID is true he could challenge for the starting role
I thought Hoyer was a free agent?
No?

Delogala has been cut.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not so sure I get the RB pick in general. Can someone explain that pick to me better than getting another WR or a CB?
I think it all has us scratching our heads.
I may be the only one not worried about WR. Agholor, Bourne, Meyer and the new kid I think we're fine. Two passing catching TEs and a stable of RBs who can catch and run. Only so many balls to go around.

What I like about Stevenson is he doesn't go down on first contact and didn't have any fumbles on over 130+ carries. He's not going to run away from anyone but he should be able to get those tough yards for us. Along with sneaking out of the backfield for some receptions.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wondered the same thing.
Trade Michel?
He's more of a bruising back that picks up the block really well, no afraid to stick it to a LB. He will be a first and second down back likely used a lot in Red Zone. That is what I have been reading

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's more of a bruising back that picks up the block really well, no afraid to stick it to a LB. He will be a first and second down back likely used a lot in Red Zone. That is what I have been reading
I have read differently. If it’s 3rd and 2 he’s coming in and they will have to load the box.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have read differently. If it’s 3rd and 2 he’s coming in and they will have to load the box.

Funny, I've now read both. I've read that he is an ideal 3rd down back because he can get the tough yards but I've also read that there's a real possibility he could elevate his game to be a more complete all 3 down back.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, I've now read both. I've read that he is an ideal 3rd down back because he can get the tough yards but I've also read that there's a real possibility he could elevate his game to be a more complete all 3 down back.
I know I'm dating myself, but I miss the days of Sam Gash leaking out for a screen or that deadly wheel route.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At 6' 245 pounds he ain't gonna be a scat back. That is a big fella when it's mostly muscle. I read he needs work on his hands which makes me think he won't be used as a 3rd down back, pretty sure Harris will pick up those duties he has pretty solid hands.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the kind of back that can wear out a defensive line in a half. From what I've read, he's a painful guy to tackle and load to take down. He rarely has gone to the ground on the first hit and he's extremely difficult to even slow down if he's tackled high. The best thing that Iread was the he always, not sometimes, always falls forward

3rd and two, he takes a full step into the line and if someone gets his feet, the ball hits the ground about 6 feet from the hit. He will most often get 3. Sort of the difference between a Jack Russell and a Pit Bull.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That hasn't been proven at all. What HAS been proven is BB can win championships. Credit TB all you like, but it was BB who won SB49 before MB made a break for that ball.
Pete Carroll won that Super Bowl for the Pats...by merely not handing the ball to Lynch.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete Carroll won that Super Bowl for the Pats...by merely not handing the ball to Lynch.
No. BB won it by not panicking and forcing Pete Carrol to make that decision. Most would have stopped the clock to leave some time to respond after Seattle scored. Bill didn't. Instead he forced Carrol to try and manage the clock.