• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Offseason/Season... Draft, FA & Staff

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might have missed this, but has Green signed his rookie contract yet?
Not that I'm aware of. Last I heard there was still a lot of unsigned IOL across the league. He may be waiting to leverage more money (not much though).

I think he's also tryin to gauge whether he has a good shot at starting this season. If he does then his contract value goes up.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah no longer a Steeler but this is interesting giving him that much money and not sure when he will return.
Well considering he tore it in December I'd say he still has 2 months minimum before he can ramp up his activity... Probably a typical designation at this point in the offseason. At least you would assume that given they just handed the guy $34m in guaranteed money. Would be stupid to do something like that without having some level of comfort in his prognosis.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well considering he tore it in December I'd say he still has 2 months minimum before he can ramp up his activity... Probably a typical designation at this point in the offseason. At least you would assume that given they just handed the guy $34m in guaranteed money. Would be stupid to do something like that without having some level of comfort in his prognosis.
Oh totally you would think. I truly hope it isn't on his "potential" because I guess they really didn't watch Bud prior to last season. :)

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I'm aware of. Last I heard there was still a lot of unsigned IOL across the league. He may be waiting to leverage more money (not much though).

I think he's also tryin to gauge whether he has a good shot at starting this season. If he does then his contract value goes up.
Thanks wasn't sure if he signed.
That last part makes sense but curious if that bump would be that much since he has very little leverage due to the rookie cap. In any case any bump is better than nothing.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Would rather have Ingram over Ballage any day.
Might be interested, although I don’t know how much he has left. 2019 was his last productive year. Still a good locker room guy, so there’s that. But I don’t think he has the same level of athleticism anymore that could bump Ballage out. We’d essentially be sayin we’d rather have a declining 31 year old backup vs a 25 yr old. Hard stretch there lol

Ballage is probably cheaper & more useful at this point

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be interested, although I don’t know how much he has left. 2019 was his last productive year. Still a good locker room guy, so there’s that. But I don’t think he has the same level of athleticism anymore that could bump Ballage out. We’d essentially be sayin we’d rather have a declining 31 year old backup vs a 25 yr old. Hard stretch there lol

Ballage is probably cheaper & more useful at this point
Normally I would agree but if you look at their numbers in 2020, Ingram was better. As for the contract Ballage is right around a million and if Ingram is released his would be about the same.

As for Ballage's career it truly has been garbage. The season he started the most games he literally averaged 1.8 yards per carry.

Not to say a 31 year old is worth it at this point, but really they could have done better than Ballage for the same amount of money.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally I would agree but if you look at their numbers in 2020, Ingram was better. As for the contract Ballage is right around a million and if Ingram is released his would be about the same.

As for Ballage's career it truly has been garbage. The season he started the most games he literally averaged 1.8 yards per carry.

Not to say a 31 year old is worth it at this point, but really they could have done better than Ballage for the same amount of money.
Good point. Honestly I’d rather kick the tires on Ingram than Le’Veon… Want nothing to do with that prick.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. Honestly I’d rather kick the tires on Ingram than Le’Veon… Want nothing to do with that prick.
LOL totally. Hell I would be fine with Adrian Peterson over Bell.

Trust me by no means am I a proponent of over the hill RB's but I am still trying to fathom what Ballage brings? Looking at this career so far freaking Jaylen Samuels put up better numbers. I want to be proven wrong because they need something at RB if Harris is hurt.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL totally. Hell I would be fine with Adrian Peterson over Bell.

Trust me by no means am I a proponent of over the hill RB's but I am still trying to fathom what Ballage brings? Looking at this career so far freaking Jaylen Samuels put up better numbers. I want to be proven wrong because they need something at RB if Harris is hurt.
Agreed. And LOL!

Really hoping that McFarland takes a giant leap this off-season. I don’t know if Snell or Samuels can be useful unless the O-line is vastly improved.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I admit I have no clue how the NFL salary cap works, so with that how do the Steelers at 13.1 million in cap space?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I admit I have no clue how the NFL salary cap works, so with that how do the Steelers at 13.1 million in cap space?
They were floating around $5-6m in space before releasing DeCastro. That got them an additional $8m towards their cap (dead money deducted).

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. And LOL!

Really hoping that McFarland takes a giant leap this off-season. I don’t know if Snell or Samuels can be useful unless the O-line is vastly improved.

I was hoping McFarland would be used as a receiver out of the backfield more to utilize his speed and create mismatches.....still waiting for something.....anything

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping McFarland would be used as a receiver out of the backfield more to utilize his speed and create mismatches.....still waiting for something.....anything
As we all know Tomlin always holds rookies back. Not all but 99% of them he keeps on a snap count. Year 2 is when they can set the bar for themselves. He's pretty much always coached that way. But the entire offense was a shitshow so its hard to know what they have with McFarland.

And now that McFarland is entering year 2, and Snell didn't set much of a bar for himself... The door should be wide open for the backup position. Not only that, but having experience with the new OC should favor him as a backup.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
E6L4vUkWEAEbgFw

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like this Haskins kid, looks like he can take a punch.......

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like this Haskins kid, looks like he can take a punch.......
LMAO... I thought I just saw he got engaged over the weekend? Then just days later the fiancée punches him right in the mouth?

Tryin to decide who is the bigger idiot in this relationship, let alone the altercation.