• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Offseason/Season... Draft, FA & Staff

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah seems like a wasted pick.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I don't like it. Not with those centers still on the board.

Honestly, Feeearmooth just doesn't look special to me. Looks like a solid TE2.
Everyone but Pitts in this draft looks like a TE2 at best.

Either ND TE would be good picks.... later.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are not sufficiently concerned about the state of their depleted, terrible OL.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There goes Humphrey and Myers.

That leaves Meinerz in the first tier.

Myers is no loss.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd round pick - Love it
3rd round pick - Oof.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greenes a mauler. Versatile, very athletic. Quite a few sites including PFF had him as a top 80 pick.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greenes a mauler. Versatile, very athletic. Quite a few sites including PFF had him as a top 80 pick.
Yeah I don’t hate that pick. Surprised they went there instead of Meinerz but I don’t know the first thing about evaluating OL. I’m willing to trust their evaluation. Just glad they addressed the position. Hopefully they know something the rest of the league slept on and got a steal.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think at this point they aren’t going to find a plug and play LT. At best they can probably expect to find a developmental guy for down the road.

We Are Decent

Depressed Penn State Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel better now than what I was on Thursday night. I can say Freiermuth is a beast of a TE, probably the best out of the recent TE success out of Penn State. Not only is he a powerhouse when given the ball but unlike Pitts, he's a great blocker as well. Greene seems good but he's built for Guard instead of Center, whatever, I'm just happy they picked up someone who can at least snap the ball. What I want today is another Lineman, a CB, and maybe another linebacker, otherwise I'm tuning out for the rest of the draft, see what happens tomorrow morning.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel better now than what I was on Thursday night. I can say Freiermuth is a beast of a TE, probably the best out of the recent TE success out of Penn State. Not only is he a powerhouse when given the ball but unlike Pitts, he's a great blocker as well. Greene seems good but he's built for Guard instead of Center, whatever, I'm just happy they picked up someone who can at least snap the ball. What I want today is another Lineman, a CB, and maybe another linebacker, otherwise I'm tuning out for the rest of the draft, see what happens tomorrow morning.
Freyermuth was perfect for canada. Need that h back. He also greatly improves the run game. I didnt see it coming but giddy up im excited.

Side note:

i also never support rb1. But harris is a beast and the best rb in this draft and has a crazy skill set. I am excited to have him. I look forward to seeing him beast for a few years here. I really like the greene pick as well. He oozes upside, and has a versatile, athletic, mauling skill set

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 straight offensive picks, all focused on fixing the run game.

I'm hoping for a DB next. Nasirildeen is my preference. Or Shaun Wade.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loudermilk...

First pick that I truly hate. There’s always at least 1 every year.

But can someone explain to me why they traded a future 4th for a guy that wasn’t even projected to be drafted? This feels like a Collin Holba pick all over again.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got done watching highlights of Kendrick Green...I was totally wrong. What an athlete! Great blocking. Good pick at 3.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fowler loves the Green pick.
Like others disappointed at first but seeing his highlights more he is what Tomlin wanted. Also supposedly Tomlin spent a lot of time with him pre draft.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Najee Harris (RB)... Not in love with the pick yet. But I'm happy with it. Wanted OT Jenkins. B+

2. Pat Freiermuth (TE)... I like him, really do. But I have a bad feeling about it. Seeing how McDonald was misused for years, I have a feeling they will use this guy the same way. He's a Travis Kelce type receiving TE and the Steelers will likely use him as a blocker more often than a receiver... Just an 'educated' hunch. But that is sort of unfair given that was Randy's offense and this should be a much different look this year. Wait & see! B-

3. Kendrick Green (C)... Solid value. I found out about this kid before the draft from various sources online but didn't think much of it at the time. His tape was solid though and he was one of those names you just stashed in the back of your mind as a distant alternate. If Green can step in and start as a rookie then this pick is a homerun. If he plays backup to Finney then I'll be pissed off about this draft. A-

4. Dan Moore Jr (OT)... OT class is deep and this guy could have been as high as a 2nd Rd pick any other year. It will take a lot from him to unseat Banner or Chuks this year, but its a possibility. Solid depth option if he can adapt to NFL speed rushers early on. B

4. Buddy Johnson (LB)... Admittedly I know very little of this guy. But he has a solid resume and is known for his leadership. He was the leading tackler on the nation's #1 defense in what many regard as the best pro-ready conference in the NCAA. He's a very active guy. The green dot is a big job, and this guy could be groomed to take it over from Vince after this year. Need to do more homework to give it a grade. ?

5. Isaiahh Loudermilk (DE)... Not a fan of this pick at all. Obviously we can hope he impresses/surprises, but he was tagged as going undrafted by the vast majority of media outlets. I know the scouts will say different, but I absolutely cannot get behind "drafting for the future by trading away your future picks." Just wreaks of a kneejerk move all around. Dunbar put the edge speculation to bed, but its still a baffling move considering they have Wormley & Buggs DT/DE. Loudermilk isn't even a lock to make the roster and they threw away a 4th Rd pick to get him? Make it make sense man! lol. And they could have taken a stab at CB Shaun Wade before the Ravens did. I don't know enough about him to give it a failing grade though. D

6. Quincy Roche (EDGE)... Pretty sure this is my favorite pick of the draft. How the hell was this guy still available in the 6th Rd? Very accomplished player, but scouts knock his athleticism. Still... Highest career pass-rushing grade in the entire 2021 draft class. Kid may not have the natural bend of premier pass rushers or the burst, but he knows how to get the job done. I love this pick. He should have been a 3rd or 4th Rd pick at most... Fortunate for us, the Steelers may have just locked up thier OLB3 for the next 4-5 years with a mere 6th Rd pick. A-

7. Tre Norwood (CB/S)... Average athleticism, but he makes up for it with football IQ. Kid was used all over the secondary at Oklahoma and has solid ball skills & is known to lay the lumber. That sort of versatility goes a long way at this level. But he will have an uphill battle to make the roster and will need to make his mark on ST this year. C+

7. Pressley Harvin (P)... A 260 lb punter... I am utterly fascinated... ~45yd collegiate career average. 2020 Ray Guy award winner (nation's best punter) and consensus all-american. Downside? Only his Senior year was of "elite" production. Before then he was muddled with inconsistency. C+

I'm going to go with a B or B- on this draft. The gamble to wait on the OL will need to have really good results from the top 3 in this draft for it to be anything better. Harris will be plug & play, and so SHOULD Freiermuth & Green but we will have to wait & see how that plays out. Waiting to nab a DB until the 7th was a strange move. I would have liked a CB in the 4th or 5th TBH. Norwood & even UDFA Shakur Brown could have a pretty good chance at the roster though. Shakur Brown is known as a fiery blitzer from the slot, and a great zone cover guy. Reminds me a lot of Hilton.

Last edited:

We Are Decent

Depressed Penn State Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Najee Harris (RB)... Not in love with the pick yet. But I'm happy with it. Wanted OT Jenkins. B+

2. Pat Freiermuth (TE)... I like him, really do. But I have a bad feeling about it. Seeing how McDonald was misused for years, I have a feeling they will use this guy the same way. He's a Travis Kelce type receiving TE and the Steelers will likely use him as a blocker more often than a receiver... Just an 'educated' hunch. But that is sort of unfair given that was Randy's offense and this should be a much different look this year. Wait & see! B-

3. Kendrick Green (C)... Solid value. I found out about this kid before the draft from various sources online but didn't think much of it at the time. His tape was solid though and he was one of those names you just stashed in the back of your mind as a distant alternate. If Green can step in and start as a rookie then this pick is a homerun. If he plays backup to Finney then I'll be pissed off about this draft. A-

4. Dan Moore Jr (OT)... OT class is deep and this guy could have been as high as a 2nd Rd pick any other year. It will take a lot from him to unseat Banner or Chuks this year, but its a possibility. Solid depth option if he can adapt to NFL speed rushers early on. B

4. Buddy Johnson (LB)... Admittedly I know very little of this guy. But he has a solid resume and is known for his leadership. He was the leading tackler on the nation's #1 defense in what many regard as the best pro-ready conference in the NCAA. He's a very active guy. The green dot is a big job, and this guy could be groomed to take it over from Vince after this year. Need to do more homework to give it a grade. ?

5. Isaiahh Loudermilk (DE)... Not a fan of this pick at all. Obviously we can hope he impresses/surprises, but he was tagged as going undrafted by the vast majority of media outlets. I know the scouts will say different, but I absolutely cannot get behind "drafting for the future by trading away your future picks." Just wreaks of a kneejerk move all around. Dunbar put the edge speculation to bed, but its still a baffling move considering they have Wormley & Buggs DT/DE. Loudermilk isn't even a lock to make the roster and they threw away a 4th Rd pick to get him? Make it make sense man! lol. And they could have taken a stab at CB Shaun Wade before the Ravens did. I don't know enough about him to give it a failing grade though. D

6. Quincy Roche (EDGE)... Pretty sure this is my favorite pick of the draft. How the hell was this guy still available in the 6th Rd? Very accomplished player, but scouts knock his athleticism. Still... Highest career pass-rushing grade in the entire 2021 draft class. Kid may not have the natural bend of premier pass rushers or the burst, but he knows how to get the job done. I love this pick. He should have been a 3rd or 4th Rd pick at most... Fortunate for us, the Steelers may have just locked up thier OLB3 for the next 4-5 years with a mere 6th Rd pick. A-

7. Tre Norwood (CB/S)... Average athleticism, but he makes up for it with football IQ. Kid was used all over the secondary at Oklahoma and has solid ball skills & is known to lay the lumber. That sort of versatility goes a long way at this level. But he will have an uphill battle to make the roster and will need to make his mark on ST this year. C+

7. Pressley Harvin (P)... A 260 lb punter... I am utterly fascinated... ~45yd collegiate career average. 2020 Ray Guy award winner (nation's best punter) and consensus all-american. Downside? Only his Senior year was of "elite" production. Before then he was muddled with inconsistency. C+

I'm going to go with a B or B- on this draft. The gamble to wait on the OL will need to have really good results from the top 3 in this draft for it to be anything better. Harris will be plug & play, and so SHOULD Freiermuth & Green but we will have to wait & see how that plays out. Waiting to nab a DB until the 7th was a strange move. I would have liked a CB in the 4th or 5th TBH. Norwood & even UDFA Shakur Brown could have a pretty good chance at the roster though. Shakur Brown is known as a fiery blitzer from the slot, and a great zone cover guy. Reminds me a lot of Hilton.
They've also added eight UDFA immediately after the draft:
  • Shakur Brown, CB, Michigan State
  • Calvin Bundage, LB, Oklahoma State
  • Rico Bussey, WR, Hawaii
  • Mark Gilbert, CB, Duke
  • Isaiah McKoy, WR, Kent State
  • Donovan Stiner, S, Florida
  • Lamont Wade, S, Penn State
  • Jamar Watson, LB, Kentucky
I like the guys that I see personally, promising, hopefully they'll utilize them in the future as much as they can.