• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seemed annoyed I was ripping Cleveland the city, kept asking if I've visited (I have, it's fine. Only part of Ohio worth a damn)

Oh my bad. Didn't think you'd actually take that comment seriously. Should have put this sarcasm2.gif at the end of what I said. And you think Cleveland is the only part of the state worth a damn. :pound:

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You ever step foot in Cleveland? Gotta ask because I've noticed alotta people that take shots at the city have never been there.
Probably cause of this.....and I know you have seen it and even used it before....LOL.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Columbus is a very nice part of Ohio.

Cincy ehhh not so much.
How is Love's contract looking?

Oubre's contract isn't close to that bad since he is still young and can play. It's early in the season but being early in the season for Love just means more time to get hurt.....

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Columbus is a very nice part of Ohio.

Cincy ehhh not so much.

Cincy needs to be renamed. Northern Kentucky sounds good. And fence off Toledo. It's worthless.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it. It's a significant raise over what he was making. Based on what he's accomplished so far, it's a fair deal and he'll be an FA again while still in his prime. If he keeps improving, he'll get the deal he's really looking for then.
Since the extension signing, Kuzma is playing better like last night against the T-Wolves he was high scorer for the Lakers as Anthony Davis sat out with a calf injury. Kuzma had a good no-look pass to KCP for the score. Also had a beautimous block on a break-away play by the Wolves.

Speaking of playing really well. Talen Horton-Tucker had 12 points, 2 Rebounds, 3 Assists, 2 Steals, and 1 Block last night in the same game. The kid is coming along nicely and adds more depth in the guard/small forward spots rotation with Caruso, Schroder, Cook, Kuzma, Matthews, and McKinnie in the mix.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably cause of this.....and I know you have seen it and even used it before....LOL.

Oh yeah I've seen it before. Some of my favorite highlights of the city of Cleveland are- letting the Cuyahoga River get so poluted it caught on fire in 1969. Former mayor Ralph Perk once caught his hair on fire with a welding torch during a ribbon cutting ceremony and turned down dinner at the White House with Tricky Dick because it interfered with his wifes bowling night.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody can win? Not the Browns yesterday! Was really disappointed in the D. Gave up 300+ total yards & 120+ rushing. And I gotta bad feeling about the upcoming game against the Steelers.

You know what I mean. I am not talking about 1 game.

You don’t need a big market. The cap rules level the playing field beautifully.

Doesn’t matter if you are Cleveland, New York or LA. Any competently managed franchise can build a contender.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oubre's contract isn't close to that bad since he is still young and can play. It's early in the season but being early in the season for Love just means more time to get hurt.....

Remember when Wiggy swore that the Love extension would improve his trade value?

That was fun.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when Wiggy swore that the Love extension would improve his trade value?

That was fun.
He disappeared and came back slinging.....talking shit about Oubre.....talking about the Raiders near loss to the Jets (the Browns actually lose to the Jets).....good times.....LOL.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 Games in early reaction/overreaction for the Warriors:

Things I was wrong about:

1) Paschall's development. He looks completely lost out there on the court now that he has to play with actually good player and not just be a ball dominant guy. I thought he would take a major step up, but his basketball IQ seems to be at a real low point. He has just been really, really bad.

2) Oubre's offensive ability. I get it that he's pressing some because of his woeful shooting, but he's also not making good basketball decisions with the ball. It looks like he's stuck in quicksand and just burying himself deeper. I can't tell you how many times already 3 games in I've seen him force a shot in the paint over 3 guys when he's had open shooters in the corner or on the wing.

3) Steve Kerr's coaching ability. I've gone to battle in the past for Kerr, but the last few years especially he's been absolutely horrific. It can be true that he built a perfect system based on the players he USED to have and also be true in that he doesn't posses the ability to recraft his offense to suit the current roster. And that's exactly what is happening. I said it earlier on another post that he's trying to fit square pegs into round holes.

He's still running a high motion offense that relies upon 1) Passing 2) Shooting and 3) High basketball IQ. This roster has NONE of those things. What it does have is a lot of athletes who can make plays off ball. The Warriors should be running the offense completely through Curry with the ball in his hands 80% of the time. But for whatever reason Kerr insists on making him set back screens for Juan Toscano Anderson.

I could go on, but it's just going to make me more angry on this Monday to talk about Kerr.

Things I was right about:

1) Wiseman's pretty impressive. Still needs work but that upside is crazy.

2) ........

LOLz. Going to be a long season in play if Kerr doesn't get his shit together and the collective IQ of this basketball team goes up. We ABSOLUTELY need Draymond out there right now.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 Games in early reaction/overreaction for the Warriors:

Things I was wrong about:

1) Paschall's development. He looks completely lost out there on the court now that he has to play with actually good player and not just be a ball dominant guy. I thought he would take a major step up, but his basketball IQ seems to be at a real low point. He has just been really, really bad.

2) Oubre's offensive ability. I get it that he's pressing some because of his woeful shooting, but he's also not making good basketball decisions with the ball. It looks like he's stuck in quicksand and just burying himself deeper. I can't tell you how many times already 3 games in I've seen him force a shot in the paint over 3 guys when he's had open shooters in the corner or on the wing.

3) Steve Kerr's coaching ability. I've gone to battle in the past for Kerr, but the last few years especially he's been absolutely horrific. It can be true that he built a perfect system based on the players he USED to have and also be true in that he doesn't posses the ability to recraft his offense to suit the current roster. And that's exactly what is happening. I said it earlier on another post that he's trying to fit square pegs into round holes.

He's still running a high motion offense that relies upon 1) Passing 2) Shooting and 3) High basketball IQ. This roster has NONE of those things. What it does have is a lot of athletes who can make plays off ball. The Warriors should be running the offense completely through Curry with the ball in his hands 80% of the time. But for whatever reason Kerr insists on making him set back screens for Juan Toscano Anderson.

I could go on, but it's just going to make me more angry on this Monday to talk about Kerr.

Things I was right about:

1) Wiseman's pretty impressive. Still needs work but that upside is crazy.

2) ........

LOLz. Going to be a long season in play if Kerr doesn't get his shit together and the collective IQ of this basketball team goes up. We ABSOLUTELY need Draymond out there right now.
Oubre won't play like that the entire season.....and I think Green helps but that close win over the Bulls is scary.....they lost to 2 really good teams.....was interested to see how they did vs the Bulls and it looks like another draft pick to add to Steph, Klay, Green, and Wiseman.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what I mean. I am not talking about 1 game.

You don’t need a big market. The cap rules level the playing field beautifully.

Doesn’t matter if you are Cleveland, New York or LA. Any competently managed franchise can build a contender.

Well it's still to be determined if the Browns are competently run due to the incompetent owner. But I gotta laugh at the Cleveland/NY/LA comparison. Two of those three cities players want to go to. One of them not so much. Cap rules mean little if players aren't interested in a city. When's the last time a big named player picked Cleveland over NY or LA?

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's still to be determined if the Browns are competently run due to the incompetent owner. But I gotta laugh at the Cleveland/NY/LA comparison. Two of those three cities players want to go to. One of them not so much. Cap rules mean little if players aren't interested in a city. When's the last time a big named player picked Cleveland over NY or LA?
You forgot about Kareem Hunt? Pretty good player IMO.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the extension signing, Kuzma is playing better like last night against the T-Wolves he was high scorer for the Lakers as Anthony Davis sat out with a calf injury. Kuzma had a good no-look pass to KCP for the score. Also had a beautimous block on a break-away play by the Wolves.

Speaking of playing really well. Talen Horton-Tucker had 12 points, 2 Rebounds, 3 Assists, 2 Steals, and 1 Block last night in the same game. The kid is coming along nicely and adds more depth in the guard/small forward spots rotation with Caruso, Schroder, Cook, Kuzma, Matthews, and McKinnie in the mix.
Gasol really impressed......11 points, 8 assists, 7 rebounds, and 4 blocks and finally showed something after 2 bad games. Really like THT.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot about Kareem Hunt? Pretty good player IMO.

Not sure what Hunt's option were at the time. He was looking at a suspension for being a complete POS knocking that drunk girl over in that Cleveland hotel. And the only GM that was willing to give him a chance was the guy that drafted him in KC. Without Dorsey who knows how long he would have been outta the league. No doubt he's been a good addition for the Browns though.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was fun.

I remember that discussion.
Oubre won't play like that the entire season.....and I think Green helps but that close win over the Bulls is scary.....they lost to 2 really good teams.....was interested to see how they did vs the Bulls and it looks like another draft pick to add to Steph, Klay, Green, and Wiseman.

Oubre will be on another team by february

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

probably just a little better than Jon Gruden's contract LOL