• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what do you think of the roster?

I was looking at it the other night--- and really- i dont like the front court or the bench very much. I dont like Theiss and Thompson together- really not much play making there--- and from all the draft capital they have had over the years their bench is really not very good if you ask me.

You have Tatum, Brown, and Smart--- and then Thompson and Theiss are 2 decent role players- but neither Thompson nor Theiss can get their own or really make plays besides put backs.

i think they need a front court player that can make something happen---- but its not like its an easy thing to do i understand.
TT can at least get those other 3 guys 4-5 extra possessions each game. agree Theiss AND TT might not be a good fit.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from the QB position where top players almost never reach free agency, there is no single player that has enough impact to carry an NFL team.

1 star can completely change an NBA roster. That simply doesn’t happen in the NFL.
agree...and why I think NFL players will go where the money is. MLB too, but in their case the money seems to be where the large market teams are in many cases.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You ever step foot in Cleveland? Gotta ask because I've noticed alotta people that take shots at the city have never been there. And to say the city will never win another championship is a bit of stretch. If teams like the Saints & Bucs can turn everything around no reason the Browns can't.
Even better is Browns did turn it around. Improve the D and they can go into next season as a legit contender.

You are correct about Cleveland as a city. Now I can admit while nicer than it once was the downtown area does not compare to a city like NY or Chicago. But the Burbs are not much different (other than getting much more bang for the buck) than any city (other than weather).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did what? They aren't a playoff team yet. I was clowning lebron23 but I'm pretty confident the Cavs never win another title. Just a hunch.

I'm sorry a quality poster like you shares a favorite team with that idiot
I cannot disagree though I'd say could say the same of a dozen teams or more and be right on vast majority (at least in our lifetimes).

Got one I didn't expect, though......and if Browns bow out due to this weeks disaster hard to disagree they are not cursed.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody can win in the NFL.

Not nearly as level a playing field between big and small markets in MLB and NBA.
Agree......but anyone could win in MLB if a small-mid market owner chose to spend (and some have). many markets in NBA even if owner wanted to spend the elite FAs wont go.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends......they can win on road as well as home so might rest guys and not care about the 1 seed.
With the no crowds I see travel being the only issue for the road but that is with any team, the 76ers were a terrible team on the road last year and they were a playoff team. I see a difference bc guys are instilling defense into this group and moving the ball around. I know it’s only through 3 games but they lead the league in assists per game. There is an obvious difference there and the defensive effort. Last year they only had 6 times where they had 29+ assists, this year that is their low.

The good thing is it looks like the Cavs have a ton of talented players it’s just can one be more, Sexton is turning into an unstoppable force on offense. Too early to tell but I see a lot of clear differences, all I am saying.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll ask you again. You ever step foot in the city of Cleveland? Just curious since you called the city a dump. And after LeBron left the first time many people said the Cavs would never win a championship.

And I'm not saying the Cavs (or the Browns for that matter) will reach that ultimate goal anytime soon. But to say neither will ever turn their bad luck around is just silly.
I think silly to say the Browns cannot, but I get saying it about Cavs (to get a title) as takes an incredible amount of luck and we might have had all we can expect with Lebron and Kyrie.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
completely agree. Just saw nothing last year that made me see a Sexton like improvement (plus not close to sexton's work ethic). Very early, but looks like he can be a decent player.
Sexton and Garland have improved a lot of things in their game. Sexton’s shot is still amazing but he is taking better shots and he knows when drives he is almost unstoppable. His vision has definitely been better and part of that is just the game slowing down.

Garland has improved in every facet (expected bc he seemed lost last season). His vision is superb, he is turning into that true PG we thought he could be.

See a lot of improvement with Cedi too, he worked on his shot a ton these last 9 months and it shows. He is using his size and length too, playing a little better defense.

We will see but I see a lot of clear improvements and if time goes on I think we have to give a lot of credit to Bickerstaff.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's still to be determined if the Browns are competently run due to the incompetent owner. But I gotta laugh at the Cleveland/NY/LA comparison. Two of those three cities players want to go to. One of them not so much. Cap rules mean little if players aren't interested in a city. When's the last time a big named player picked Cleveland over NY or LA?
Are you talking all sports or just NBA?

And Haslam is what I want in ownership for a team I cheer for. when they find the right coach/FO he sits back, lets them do their jobs and writes the checks. Wish he owned the Indians.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sexton and Garland have improved a lot of things in their game. Sexton’s shot is still amazing but he is taking better shots and he knows when drives he is almost unstoppable. His vision has definitely been better and part of that is just the game slowing down.

Garland has improved in every facet (expected bc he seemed lost last season). His vision is superb, he is turning into that true PG we thought he could be.

See a lot of improvement with Cedi too, he worked on his shot a ton these last 9 months and it shows. He is using his size and length too, playing a little better defense.

We will see but I see a lot of clear improvements and if time goes on I think we have to give a lot of credit to Bickerstaff.
agree 100%. That Kyrie deal looking pretty good these days. at the very least they have Nance and sexton. Sexton will never have Kyrie's handle but he gets to the hoop as well. Kyrie a better finisher of course but he's also got, what, 6-7 years on him? Sexton also not a whackjob.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree...and why I think NFL players will go where the money is. MLB too, but in their case the money seems to be where the large market teams are in many cases.

Plus, the average NBA player makes so much more than the average NFL player that NBA players can afford to take a smaller contract to play in the city they want to play in and still make a helluva lot more than an NFL player.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you talking all sports or just NBA?

And Haslam is what I want in ownership for a team I cheer for. when they find the right coach/FO he sits back, lets them do their jobs and writes the checks. Wish he owned the Indians.

Was just talking about the Browns there. And Jimmy Haslam's a jackass. As long as he owns the team there's always the possibility of him getting involed for the wrong reasons.

Remember Hard Knocks? Where they went over how he at one point was pitting employees against each other? What kinda owner does something like that?

As far as the Indians. Wish anyone other than Dolan owned them. Oh how I miss the days of Mr. Jacobs. And it'll always be The Jake. Refuse to call it ______________ Field.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree......but anyone could win in MLB if a small-mid market owner chose to spend (and some have). many markets in NBA even if owner wanted to spend the elite FAs wont go.

Technically anyone can win in the NBA too.

Just much much harder for small markets to compete. They have to land a generational player like Giannis or LeBron to do it.

MLB definitely a pathway to success there too. Although with much shorter windows than the big boys.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Technically anyone can win in the NBA too.

Just much much harder for small markets to compete. They have to land a generational player like Giannis or LeBron to do it.

MLB definitely a pathway to success there too. Although with much shorter windows than the big boys.
Point was a small-midmarket owner could spend in MLB AND attract elite FAs no matter where they are. Does not seem to be the case in the NBA.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen was chasing Young from behind and tripped him. If you'd bother to check the video out you'd see that. And this isn't the first time he's tripped an opponent. His antics go back to his days at dook.

Saw the video

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point was a small-midmarket owner could spend in MLB AND attract elite FAs no matter where they are. Does not seem to be the case in the NBA.

Right.

I think that is because of the CBA.

Max contracts pretty much ensure that the small market owners can’t outbid the large market to land a superstar.

Unless of course it is their superstar.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw the video

Sure you didn't. And you've been on a roll lately. Jumping on your menstrual cycle & trying to run me over. Give it up, you've failed each time. If I said the Pacific Ocean was full of salt water you'd disagree. If I said the sun rises in the E and sets in the W you'd say I'm incorrect.

That video clearly shows Allen was behind Young. And you're trying to say it was a legit play with his past history of tripping players in the NBA & CBB? Please keeps those laughs coming. It's funny entertainment.

Here's what you said, trying to foolishly defend him. Comment # 1627- he was moving his feet. can't defend him without moving your feet. One more time since you obviously don't get it. Allen was behind Young. It's hilarious given his history you think he made a legit play.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure you didn't. And you've been on a roll lately. Jumping on your menstrual cycle & trying to run me over. Give it up, you've failed each time. If I said the Pacific Ocean was full of salt water you'd disagree. If I said the sun rises in the E and sets in the W you'd say I'm incorrect.

That video clearly shows Allen was behind Young. And you're trying to say it was a legit play with his past history of tripping players in the NBA & CBB? Please keeps those laughs coming. It's funny entertainment.

Here's what you said, trying to foolishly defend him. Comment # 1627- he was moving his feet. can't defend him without moving your feet. One more time since you obviously don't get it. Allen was behind Young. It's hilarious given his history you think he made a legit play.

I have my opinion. You have yours...not the end of the world

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have my opinion. You have yours...not the end of the world

Just watched. Didn't look intentional. He was chasing him around his teammate on what looked like an attempted double team and their feet tangled a little bit.

Given his history, I can see people assuming it was intentional. But it didn't look intentional to me.