• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden State may as well play Lee 30 minutes a game. At least he can make a 3
He’s on Cedi but he will work

Lebron James Sport GIF by ESPN

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the extension signing, Kuzma is playing better like last night against the T-Wolves he was high scorer for the Lakers as Anthony Davis sat out with a calf injury. Kuzma had a good no-look pass to KCP for the score. Also had a beautimous block on a break-away play by the Wolves.

Speaking of playing really well. Talen Horton-Tucker had 12 points, 2 Rebounds, 3 Assists, 2 Steals, and 1 Block last night in the same game. The kid is coming along nicely and adds more depth in the guard/small forward spots rotation with Caruso, Schroder, Cook, Kuzma, Matthews, and McKinnie in the mix.

Yeah, we're only 3 games in, but Kuz has looked really good. He's averaging 16 ppg, on 56% spg, 62% from 3 with 3 rpg and 2 apg.

Obviously, a couple of those numbers will come down (esp. the 3 point percentage), but as long as they don't drop too much, he can be the 3rd guy the Lakers need. Especially if he steps up in games like last night when Lebron or AD are out.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troll on! I bet it did to you. But then again you also think Jamal Murray sucks and should only be a teams third option. So your opinions are questionable at best.
He was moving his feet. Cant defend without moving your feet. If that was intentional then he is a professional at it

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's still to be determined if the Browns are competently run due to the incompetent owner. But I gotta laugh at the Cleveland/NY/LA comparison. Two of those three cities players want to go to. One of them not so much. Cap rules mean little if players aren't interested in a city. When's the last time a big named player picked Cleveland over NY or LA?

The cap does matter when it's a hard cap. That's the difference. In the NFL, the cap id the cap...period. There's no going over it and just paying a "luxury tax".

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cap does matter when it's a hard cap. That's the difference. In the NFL, the cap id the cap...period. There's no going over it and just paying a "luxury tax".

Totally agree. But even in the NBA there is a limit to how far teams will go. OKC with Melo. GS finally hit that wall. etc.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA needs to get rid of foul shots. It's so boring. They all line up and then it slows down the game. Plus they call too many fouls in general. No blood no foul imo
I often record Suns games for about an hour before watching them just so I can fast forward through all the bullshit.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's still to be determined if the Browns are competently run due to the incompetent owner. But I gotta laugh at the Cleveland/NY/LA comparison. Two of those three cities players want to go to. One of them not so much. Cap rules mean little if players aren't interested in a city. When's the last time a big named player picked Cleveland over NY or LA?

I am talking about the NFL.

When was the last time a team that assembled its core via free agency won anything?

Winning franchises are built mostly through the draft in the NFL. That is why teams like Green Bay, Kansas City and Buffalo are among the top contenders.

Usually the team that wins feee agency ends up underachieving because they spend too much to acquire those free agents.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am talking about the NFL.

When was the last time a team that assembled its core via free agency won anything?

Winning franchises are built mostly through the draft in the NFL. That is why teams like Green Bay, Kansas City and Buffalo are among the top contenders.

Usually the team that wins feee agency ends up underachieving because they spend too much to acquire those free agents.
Very true...but to answer the question posed in the NFL guys will go where they can win and/or get paid. NBA seems to be the only sport where so much depends on location. Probably because 2 guys can team up and win. I mean since 2016 the Browns have signed arguably the top OT, G, C and TE on the market. Traded for Landry and he signed an extension.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true...but to answer the question posed in the NFL guys will go where they can win and/or get paid. NBA seems to be the only sport where so much depends on location. Probably because 2 guys can team up and win. I mean since 2016 the Browns have signed arguably the top OT, G, C and TE on the market. Traded for Landry and he signed an extension.

Aside from the QB position where top players almost never reach free agency, there is no single player that has enough impact to carry an NFL team.

1 star can completely change an NBA roster. That simply doesn’t happen in the NFL.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. Tatum is locked in to setting up for a "heroic" (but low % and very little chance of drawing a foul) step-back 3 pt attempt... you know it, I know it, and the defending team sure as hell knows it.

It's good he missed, frankly... making that prayer bank attempt the other night had him full of himself and trying the same crap again...

The kid (Tatum's only 22) has to learn... that's terrible offense, and he is as predictable as the sun rising in the East.
Reminds me of when Kenny Lofton used to hit a homer and would uppercut for about a week.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was moving his feet. Cant defend without moving your feet. If that was intentional then he is a professional at it

Allen was chasing Young from behind and tripped him. If you'd bother to check the video out you'd see that. And this isn't the first time he's tripped an opponent. His antics go back to his days at dook.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs are still on pace for 72-0 ;)

lol, did not see 3-0 coming. I highly doubt the Cavs make the playoffs--- but its good to finally start to see some pieces come around.

Best thing that i have seen so far from the Cavs is the strides Garland is making. He looked lost at times last year as a 19 year old coming off playing only 4 college games the previous season.

he looks like a totally different player thus far.
completely agree. Just saw nothing last year that made me see a Sexton like improvement (plus not close to sexton's work ethic). Very early, but looks like he can be a decent player.