• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched. Didn't look intentional. He was chasing him around his teammate on what looked like an attempted double team and their feet tangled a little bit.

Given his history, I can see people assuming it was intentional. But it didn't look intentional to me.

It is awkward. This is a lot like the Pachulia play from a few years ago to me.

1 thing I think people need to remember is that guys like Allen and Pachulia are below average NBA athletes. They make up for it with try hard and can get out of position pretty easily.

Anybody who has played a lot of basketball knows that lesser athletes sometimes commit ugly fouls on superior athletes because they are lunging to get back in a play and they are out of control.

Grayson Allen’s history in college makes this look ugly. I would never say it definitely wasn’t intentional, but I think this is a legit attempt to commit a reach in foul on a player who was just left him in the dust.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched. Didn't look intentional. He was chasing him around his teammate on what looked like an attempted double team and their feet tangled a little bit.

Given his history, I can see people assuming it was intentional. But it didn't look intentional to me.

You a secret dook fan? :heh: Just kidding. He did that shit in college- oh he's not doing that on purpose. Even though Coach K suspended him for his on-court actions (it was a meaningless one game). He got called out his rookie year for that shit- oh he's not doing that on purpose. And now he's at it again. But he didn't do it on purpose!

Being an on the court asshole is what he is. Article- Grayson Allen never learns his lesson (7/12/19) Some stuff from the article.

This pattern of behavior has followed Allen throughout his career. He doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt. He has proven to be impulsive and petulant and unable to keep his emotions in check on the court. At a certain point, he's a safety threat to the players around him.

-Feb. of 2016: caught tripping a Lousiville player
-two weeks later: with a win clearly in hand Allen blatantly trips an FSU player as game ended
-2017: against Elon he trips another opponent

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s no way

Gary Harris and Milsap for Tobias Harris? Was hurricane being serious? Holy crap what a bad idea. Trade away the starting SG for a PF? Wonder who he has replacing Harris in the starting line up?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly and that's the only point i ever made. As i said earlier, if that was intentional then dude is a serious professional at it

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly and that's the only point i ever made. As i said earlier, if that was intentional then dude is a serious professional at it

He's been doing that shit since the 2015-16 season his soph. season in college. Hell yeah he's a pro at it. Got his craft down. Now if he ever learns how to flop he'll become a duel threat.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gary Harris and Milsap for Tobias Harris? Was hurricane being serious? Holy crap what a bad idea. Trade away the starting SG for a PF? Wonder who he has replacing Harris in the starting line up?
Yeah I knew that wasn’t happening...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been doing that shit since the 2015-16 season his soph. season in college. Hell yeah he's a pro at it. Got his craft down. Now if he ever learns how to flop he'll become a duel threat.

The stuff he did in college was over the top and unnecessary.

However, Fizdale was talking on the Jump today and he said Grayson Allen would not be an NBA player if he didn’t play with that aggressive physical edge.

And he is right. Because Grayson Allen just isn’t that good without it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody who has played a lot of basketball knows that lesser athletes sometimes commit ugly fouls on superior athletes because they are lunging to get back in a play and they are out of control.

The "Try Hard Charlies". lol

They're never where you expect them to be and never react like you expect them to.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Kyrie and KD tonight vs Memphis

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "Try Hard Charlies". lol

They're never where you expect them to be and never react like you expect them to.

Yep.

Sucks even worse when you are the try hard Charlie.

I have been there in certain matchups. 1 in particular against a 5’6” dude who was a 3 year starter at his D3 school. He used to absolutely put me on skates, but I had enough length on him to recover and either block the shot or foul the shit out him.

He got pissed at me for those fouls quite a few times, but he knew it was only happening because he was better than me.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

Sucks even worse when you are the try hard Charlie.

I have been there in certain matchups. 1 in particular against a 5’6” dude who was a 3 year starter at his D3 school. He used to absolutely put me on skates, but I had enough length on him to recover and either block the shot or foul the shit out him.

He got pissed at me for those fouls quite a few times, but he knew it was only happening because he was better than me.

lol

Yep, anyone who's ever played much has been try hard Charlie a time or 2.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 153,623.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thunder came out smoking against the jazz