• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what do you think of the roster?

I was looking at it the other night--- and really- i dont like the front court or the bench very much. I dont like Theiss and Thompson together- really not much play making there--- and from all the draft capital they have had over the years their bench is really not very good if you ask me.

You have Tatum, Brown, and Smart--- and then Thompson and Theiss are 2 decent role players- but neither Thompson nor Theiss can get their own or really make plays besides put backs.

i think they need a front court player that can make something happen---- but its not like its an easy thing to do i understand.
First off: part of the problem is the fact that the C's have one of their best players out (Kemba). Getting Walker back in the line-up would help kill two birds with one stone... (the starting line-up would be better and a current starter would be kicked to the bench, making it better).

But I agree that the C's have a depth problem even apart from that. They're a little too inexperienced there for being a top contender, and they have too many "hustle guys" as opposed to NBA caliber scorers.

In the short(er) term, I think there is some hope that Romeo Langford (currently injured also) can come back soon and possibly be a starter in a line-up something like:
  • Kemba Walker
  • Romeo Langford
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tristan Thompson
^ This would kick Marcus Smart to the bench... where a combination of Teague, Smart, Theis, Grant Williams, RWIII and Payton Pritchard isn't half bad (I'm assuming Aaron Nesmith may not be NBA ready this season).

In the long(er) term, the C's still have the big trade exception in their back pocket... and a name like Aaron Gordon (for instance) seems like a realistic and possible fit.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off: part of the problem is the fact that the C's have one of their best players out (Kemba). Getting Walker back in the line-up would help kill two birds with one stone... (the starting line-up would be better and a current starter would be kicked to the bench, making it better).

But I agree that the C's have a depth problem even apart from that. They're a little too inexperienced there for being a top contender, and they have too many "hustle guys" as opposed to NBA caliber scorers.

In the short(er) term, I think there is some hope that Romeo Langford (currently injured also) can come back soon and possibly be a starter in a line-up something like:
  • Kemba Walker
  • Romeo Langford
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tristan Thompson
^ This would kick Marcus Smart to the bench... where a combination of Teague, Smart, Theis, Grant Williams, RWIII and Payton Pritchard isn't half bad (I'm assuming Aaron Nesmith may not be NBA ready this season).

In the long(er) term, the C's still have the big trade exception in their back pocket... and a name like Aaron Gordon (for instance) seems like a realistic and possible fit.
Like that bench once Walker comes back.....

Gordon would be a nice pickup.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

• Kemba Walker
  • Romeo Langford
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tristan Thompson

Gordon would be a really good fit there---thats what htey need- a big that can create some mismatches and get his own.

and of course Kemba getting back healthy is huge. Hopefully he can--- it seems its kinda been one thing after the next with him lately.

but a healthy Kemba goes a long way to fixing some of the problems.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

• Kemba Walker
  • Romeo Langford
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tristan Thompson

Hopefully, the stem cell injections help Walker....

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

• Kemba Walker
  • Romeo Langford
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tristan Thompson

You start Langford rather than Teague and Walker or Smart and Walker together?

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You start Langford rather than Teague and Walker or Smart and Walker together?
Possibly. I personally think that would be ideal... (but it assumes Romeo Langford comes back from injury and is ready to assume such a role).

At full health, the C's starting line-up already has plenty of punch. They don't necessarily need more scoring there. Langford provides versatile defense, but his shooting needs to improve.

Marcus Smart would be in the closing line-up to end games... no doubt.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only will LeBron never play in that dump of a city again, they will never win another championship until the end of time.

You ever step foot in Cleveland? Gotta ask because I've noticed alotta people that take shots at the city have never been there. And to say the city will never win another championship is a bit of stretch. If teams like the Saints & Bucs can turn everything around no reason the Browns can't.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly. I personally think that would be ideal... (but it assumes Romeo Langford comes back from injury and is ready to assume such a role).

At full health, the C's starting line-up already has plenty of punch. They don't necessarily need more scoring there. Langford provides versatile defense, but his shooting needs to improve.

Marcus Smart would be in the closing line-up to end games... no doubt.
I love the Teague pickup....

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone needs to beat the shit outta Memphis player Grayson Allen. Anyone remember that lil fuck tripping opponents on purpose when he was at dook? Well he's at it again. This time he tripped Trae Young late in Saturday's game.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone needs to beat the shit outta Memphis player Grayson Allen. Anyone remember that lil fuck tripping opponents on purpose when he was at dook? Well he's at it again. This time he tripped Trae Young late in Saturday's game.
For childish shit like that? Yeah, an asswhuppin just might help him grow up...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For childish shit like that? Yeah, an asswhuppin just might help him grow up...

Allen's a classless clown. He was doing that tripping shit his rookie year. If he's gonna start that nonsense again on the court the league needs to start fining him large sums of money. He's gonna injure someone sooner or later.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen's a classless clown. He was doing that shit a lot his rookie year. If he's gonna start that nonsense again on the court the league needs to start fining him large sums of money. He's gonna injury someone sooner or later.
I didn’t know he was still in the league lol

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You ever step foot in Cleveland? Gotta ask because I've noticed alotta people that take shots at the city have never been there. And to say the city will never win another championship is a bit of stretch. If teams like the Saints & Bucs can turn everything around no reason the Browns can't.
I meant the Cavs, and I stand by it. Browns are pretty cursed though.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nono:

#builtnotbought

The Cavs did it the right way, people are taking them for granted. They actually have a lot of depth
Did what? They aren't a playoff team yet. I was clowning lebron23 but I'm pretty confident the Cavs never win another title. Just a hunch.

I'm sorry a quality poster like you shares a favorite team with that idiot