• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nets lose their 1st game to the Hornets who won their 1st game.....

Pump the brakes on that Finals talk....LOL.

They weren't expected to go 72-0

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way the W’s are better than the Suns or Pelicans, they have no depth and fit issues. The crazy thing though at this point I could see the W’s finishing 13th or 14th in the conference

Oubre is an atrocious fit with Wiggins. They need to just deal him now

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tatum shot selection at the end of game is beyond questionable @Gman

Down 1 and he goes for the step back contested 3.....need to be better
Absolutely. Tatum is locked in to setting up for a "heroic" (but low % and very little chance of drawing a foul) step-back 3 pt attempt... you know it, I know it, and the defending team sure as hell knows it.

It's good he missed, frankly... making that prayer bank attempt the other night had him full of himself and trying the same crap again...

The kid (Tatum's only 22) has to learn... that's terrible offense, and he is as predictable as the sun rising in the East.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. Tatum is locked in to setting up for a "heroic" (but low % and very little chance of drawing a foul) step-back 3 pt attempt... you know it, I know it, and the defending team sure as hell knows it.

It's good he missed, frankly... making that prayer bank attempt the other night had him full of himself and trying the same crap again...

The kid (Tatum's only 22) has to learn... that's terrible offense, and he is as predictable as the sun rising in the East.

You think he is buying into the Tatum superstar hype?

He is a really good player. But he isn’t a superstar. And the Celtics are a lot better when their collection of really good scorers work off each other somewhat equally.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's young and has bad habits.

It's up to himself and Coach Stevens to learn lessons and navigate towards a better path.
He is a really good player. But he isn’t a superstar. And the Celtics are a lot better when their collection of really good scorers work off each other somewhat equally.
I agree.

Coach Stevens has a reputation for calling high quality set plays... yet the C's have devolved into iso-ball and long, low % shots multiple times now in this young season when it has mattered the most.

Honestly, I'm glad Tatum missed this one. Oftentimes, you gotta have consequences and feel pain before you finally see a need to change and grow.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kuzma played pretty good last night.....20 points on 8 of 12 shooting.

Gasol also played well.....11 points, 8 assists, 7 rebounds and 4 blocks. Very nice addition.

And THT added 12 points as he continues to work himself into the rotation.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They weren't expected to go 72-0
Cavs are still on pace for 72-0 ;)

lol, did not see 3-0 coming. I highly doubt the Cavs make the playoffs--- but its good to finally start to see some pieces come around.

Best thing that i have seen so far from the Cavs is the strides Garland is making. He looked lost at times last year as a 19 year old coming off playing only 4 college games the previous season.

he looks like a totally different player thus far.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's young and has bad habits.

It's up to himself and Coach Stevens to learn lessons and navigate towards a better path.

I agree.

Coach Stevens has a reputation for calling high quality set plays... yet the C's have devolved into iso-ball and long, low % shots multiple times now in this young season when it has mattered the most.

Honestly, I'm glad Tatum missed this one. Oftentimes, you gotta have consequences and feel pain before you finally see a need to change and grow.
what do you think of the roster?

I was looking at it the other night--- and really- i dont like the front court or the bench very much. I dont like Theiss and Thompson together- really not much play making there--- and from all the draft capital they have had over the years their bench is really not very good if you ask me.

You have Tatum, Brown, and Smart--- and then Thompson and Theiss are 2 decent role players- but neither Thompson nor Theiss can get their own or really make plays besides put backs.

i think they need a front court player that can make something happen---- but its not like its an easy thing to do i understand.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

who is this "collection"?

i see Tatum and Brown---- and then sometimes Smart who is fairly inconsistent on a night to night basis.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy back in full force after being absent for a while after being wrong.....LOL.