• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 MLB Transactions

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but those who march lockstep with Govco and their lapdog media believing everything they spoon feed them are nothing but zombie sheep.
I'm not seeing what that has to do with what I know about COVID and how its wrong.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not seeing what that has to do with what I know about COVID and how its wrong.
Why am I not surprised?

For Cal's sake, I'm gonna leave it here.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone have a bandages for a bitten tongue? I need a few…

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one is for @calsnowskier

• In addition to Washington, there’s been some speculation about the possibility of Bruce Bochy returning to manage the Padres, as he did from 1995-2006. Speaking with Chris Russo of MLB Network Radio on SiriusXM last week, Bochy said he hadn’t yet been contacted by either of the clubs (San Diego and the Mets) with managerial vacancies. The 66-year-old sounded amenable to considering a return, though, telling Russo he’d “never rule anything out” if contacted. Bochy stopped short of lobbying for an opportunity, telling Russo that pursuing a managerial job is “not something (he’s) thinking about right now,” although he admitted he hasn’t lost his competitive desire over the past couple years. Bochy managed the Giants from 2007-19, leading the club to four postseason appearances and three World Series titles. He stepped away from the manager’s office after the 2019 season, assuming an advisory role in the San Francisco front office, but he’s never formally closed the book on a potential return to the dugout.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one is for @calsnowskier

• In addition to Washington, there’s been some speculation about the possibility of Bruce Bochy returning to manage the Padres, as he did from 1995-2006. Speaking with Chris Russo of MLB Network Radio on SiriusXM last week, Bochy said he hadn’t yet been contacted by either of the clubs (San Diego and the Mets) with managerial vacancies. The 66-year-old sounded amenable to considering a return, though, telling Russo he’d “never rule anything out” if contacted. Bochy stopped short of lobbying for an opportunity, telling Russo that pursuing a managerial job is “not something (he’s) thinking about right now,” although he admitted he hasn’t lost his competitive desire over the past couple years. Bochy managed the Giants from 2007-19, leading the club to four postseason appearances and three World Series titles. He stepped away from the manager’s office after the 2019 season, assuming an advisory role in the San Francisco front office, but he’s never formally closed the book on a potential return to the dugout.
I can’t imagine him taking the reins of any club except the Padres. He still lives here in Poway (2 exits north of me, btw) and I don’t see him taking an east coast job.

He is a Padre. As much success as he had with us, as much of a “Forever Giant” that he is, even though he will wear a Giants cap in the hall, he is a Padre. And I respect that.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t imagine him taking the reins of any club except the Padres. He still lives here in Poway (2 exits north of me, btw) and I don’t see him taking an east coast job.

He is a Padre. As much success as he had with us, as much of a “Forever Giant” that he is, even though he will wear a Giants cap in the hall, he is a Padre. And I respect that.
Do you fly your heli over to his place and hang for a couple of hours?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you fly your heli over to his place and hang for a couple of hours?
Only when he opens a good bottle of wine. He invites me over so often, only to open that 2 buck chuck shit, I had to lay down the law.

Bruce, stop embarrassing yourself.

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really don’t see him jumping back into the dugout. He’s got a pretty sweet gig right now with the Giants and I don’t think he has a burning desire like LaRussa does to be a manager again.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only when he opens a good bottle of wine. He invites me over so often, only to open that 2 buck chuck shit, I had to lay down the law.

Bruce, stop embarrassing yourself.
AB: YOUNG LADY, YOU WILL DRINK WHAT I GIVE YOU AND BE THANKFUL. DONT MAKE ME PUNCH YOU IN THE VULVA AGAIN. YOU'RE WELCOME, YOU UNGRATEFUL TWAT.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or just pick him up and fly to Mallorca?

Mallorca was never me, btw. That was HWWNBN…
Two or three years ago, in one of the game day threads, I think, someone started a joke about cal flying us all to the Padres' stadium for a game. I don't remember if it was cal that started it, Stokes or myself (maybe even someone else). But we like to bring it up here and there. Completely separate from the other poster who made comments about how rich he was.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two or three years ago, in one of the game day threads, I think, someone started a joke about cal flying us all to the Padres' stadium for a game. I don't remember if it was cal that started it, Stokes or myself (maybe even someone else). But we like to bring it up here and there. Completely separate from the other poster who made comments about how rich he was.
It started when I bought my house. We all started riffing on some of the amenities that the house had.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3