• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NBA Offseason

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this Lance-TJ12 feud brewing.

eating popcorn GIF

lol

There's no feud.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True.

I'd be surprised if the "blowing it up" included Kawhi. But I'm sure Ballmer's not happy to have spent all that money (plus spending on a new arena) just to get a 2nd round exit. I'm sure the Lakers winning the title didn't help his mood much either. That was just salt in the wound.

So maybe he's thinking about tearing down to the foundation and rebuilding? New arena, new team.

It would seem a bit of an overreaction, so I'd be surprised if Kawhi was actually included, but who knows?
Where could he get traded to?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

That ain't happening.

No doubt. Imagine one of them on that team though.

Lebron driving the lane and dishing to all of those shooters. Or AD down low scoring or kicking it out...

that 73 win record would be in serious jeopardy.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where could he get traded to?

That's part of the problem. They gave up so much to put him and PG together, I'm not sure who has the assets to get them back anything close to what they gave up.

Plus, it's looking like Kawhi is getting exposed as not being the teammate that most of us thought he was. For him to work, he'd have to go to a team like he had in San Antonio and Toronto. A team that already has a culture and leadership that can just add him in. Any team that already has that culture would have to give up most of the players who were part of that culture to get him. Which would defeat the purpose.

It's gotta be killing Mecca to see what's happening, which is really the only thing that keeps this from being completely hilarious.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's part of the problem. They gave up so much to put him and PG together, I'm not sure who has the assets to get them back anything close to what they gave up.

Plus, it's looking like Kawhi is getting exposed as not being the teammate that most of us thought he was. For him to work, he'd have to go to a team like he had in San Antonio and Toronto. A team that already has a culture and leadership that can just add him in. Any team that already has that culture would have to give up most of the players who were part of that culture to get him. Which would defeat the purpose.

It's gotta be killing Mecca to see what's happening, which is really the only thing that keeps this from being completely hilarious.
I'll email her and get back to the board with her response.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm okay with Kawhi coming to Miami. Miami has structure. As you mentioned, Kawhi went out of his wheel house to a team with a culture that's up in the air. He didn't foresee this happening as he's always had a semblance of organized structure in place and didn't have to be vocal. In the Clippers situation, he now has to be.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm okay with Kawhi coming to Miami. Miami has structure. As you mentioned, Kawhi went out of his wheel house to a team with a culture that's up in the air. He didn't foresee this happening as he's always had a semblance of organized structure in place and didn't have to be vocal. In the Clippers situation, he now has to be.

The potential problem is that they'd have to give up a lot to get him including probably Jimmy. It could work though because the culture in Miami seems to be an organizational thing more than player driven. Sort of a "this is the culture we have, do you want to be a part of it or not?" type of thing.

I'm not sure the Heat would be all that willing to allow the "quirks" that Kawhi seems to have. But I do agree, if there's a team that could give up what it would take to get Kawhi and maintain their culture, it's the Heat.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys GOTTA hear this one. Guns n Guitars, the message board "genius", is on the politics board saying i'm a white guy PRETENDING to be black...

I know, who gives a damn on an anonymous sports message board, but the shit's STILL funny... :lol:

Oh hell no! Now that's some funny shit. Which thread? I wonder what made him say that, did you have the cojones to disagree with him? He don't like it when that happens. For some bizarre reason he thinks he's always right about everything.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would be giving up Jimmy. Kawhi is the better player but it seems Jimmy is the much better leader. Plus they would have to get Kawhi to commit long-term. They just need to get a star in 2021

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh hell no! Now that's some funny shit. Which thread? I wonder what made him say that, did you have the cojones to disagree with him? He don't like it when that happens. For some bizarre reason he thinks he's always right about everything.
that's EXACTLY why he said it. because i disagreed with him...

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reports that have come out indicate a toxic locker room environment. More time together doesn’t fix that.

Now, they have enough talent that they should be able to win a lot of games anyway, but it could be that they need to make some moves to address the locker room. Even if they aren’t “blow it up” style moves.

It was "toxic" (quotes because I think those reports saying it are using too hostile a word) because they hadn't spent time together, faced some some adversity in the bubble and turned on each other. Half the team didn't want to be in the bubble to begin with. Their issues are more circumstantial than being structural.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would be giving up Jimmy. Kawhi is the better player but it seems Jimmy is the much better leader. Plus they would have to get Kawhi to commit long-term. They just need to get a star in 2021

I'm talking about year after next. His 3rd year of his contract is a player option. I'm not giving up Jimmy if I'm the Heat. Not even for Kawhi. Butler's vocal leadership that Kawhi lacks is part of the reason the Heat got to where they did this year.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The potential problem is that they'd have to give up a lot to get him including probably Jimmy. It could work though because the culture in Miami seems to be an organizational thing more than player driven. Sort of a "this is the culture we have, do you want to be a part of it or not?" type of thing.

I'm not sure the Heat would be all that willing to allow the "quirks" that Kawhi seems to have. But I do agree, if there's a team that could give up what it would take to get Kawhi and maintain their culture, it's the Heat.

Ya, I meant to say in year 3 given that Kawhi could come over and just get out of his contract because of the player option. I doubt he wins anything of significance in LA.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, I meant to say in year 3 given that Kawhi could come over and just get out of his contract because of the player option. I doubt he wins anything of significance in LA.

In that case, he'd definitely fit.

And I agree, unless the Clippers can get someone who can provide the leadership and culture so Kawhi can just play basketball, they'll win games, but won't win titles.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would it take (outside of Tatum) for the Celtics to trade for Rudy Gobert? I like D. Theis, fits in well with the Celtics. But RG's a better all around player.

I know some in here pay attention to the contracts and salary cap stuff. I don't follow any of it. Not sure if something like this could be pulled off. Just trying to think of ways the Celtics can get better in the off season.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would it take (outside of Tatum) for the Celtics to trade for Rudy Gobert? I like D. Theis, fits in well with the Celtics. But RG's a better all around player.

I know some in here pay attention to the contracts and salary cap stuff. I don't follow any of it. Not sure if something like this could be pulled off. Just trying to think of ways the Celtics can get better in the off season.

starts with Hayward theis and the 14th pick for sure. probably Romeo too. I’d need to play with the cap numbers but that’s a starting point. Plus Edwards maybe (Conley is a fa after next year, might want to see what a guy like Edwards has before picking a successor).

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In that case, he'd definitely fit.

And I agree, unless the Clippers can get someone who can provide the leadership and culture so Kawhi can just play basketball, they'll win games, but won't win titles.

It was a shame Kawhi had to go to a foreign country to win a title. I mean what's happening?