• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NBA Offseason

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did...until it didn't suit their interests. Every team was told Demps had authority to make the deal.

Yeah, the whole "more attractive to buyers" may have made sense if he didn't approve the Clippers trade a week later. Seems like a team with a star player on it would be more attractive than 1 without. It would have given the new owner a nice trade piece if the player didn't want to stay...or a nice piece to build around if he did.

Stern was trash. A black eye on the sport and just a guy who was lucky to be there when Al Gore invented the internet.

That's a bit harsh, imo. He basically exploded the league and made the decisions that moved it from a niche sport with it's finals games being broadcast on tape delay to what it is now.

Maybe another commissioner could have done the same...but he's the one who did.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This rumor seems to be catching steam...I think this is more than a rumor that could happen. Scary to think about.

Silver should reject it LOL

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could be interesting. It's basically rumors from unnamed agents (which the article states), but if it's true...

Well there's obvious chemistry issues that surrounded the Clippers throughout the year and now more reports are coming out about teammates and their dislike of Kawhi's preferential treatment by the team.

Kind of a "where there's smoke, there's fire" type deals, imo. It may not be as bad as the reports are saying, but there are definitely underlying issues that need to be addressed at the forefront by the team and Kawhi probably.

Kawhi cannot just go under the radar anymore. He's playing in a huge market with big expectations. There was no built in culture prior to his arrival, which definitely will need to be established now.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there's obvious chemistry issues that surrounded the Clippers throughout the year and now more reports are coming out about teammates and their dislike of Kawhi's preferential treatment by the team.

Kind of a "where there's smoke, there's fire" type deals, imo. It may not be as bad as the reports are saying, but there are definitely underlying issues that need to be addressed at the forefront by the team and Kawhi probably.

Kawhi cannot just go under the radar anymore. He's playing in a huge market with big expectations. There was no built in culture prior to his arrival, which definitely will need to be established now.

True.

I'd be surprised if the "blowing it up" included Kawhi. But I'm sure Ballmer's not happy to have spent all that money (plus spending on a new arena) just to get a 2nd round exit. I'm sure the Lakers winning the title didn't help his mood much either. That was just salt in the wound.

So maybe he's thinking about tearing down to the foundation and rebuilding? New arena, new team.

It would seem a bit of an overreaction, so I'd be surprised if Kawhi was actually included, but who knows?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True.

I'd be surprised if the "blowing it up" included Kawhi. But I'm sure Ballmer's not happy to have spent all that money (plus spending on a new arena) just to get a 2nd round exit. I'm sure the Lakers winning the title didn't help his mood much either. That was just salt in the wound.

So maybe he's thinking about tearing down to the foundation and rebuilding? New arena, new team.

It would seem a bit of an overreaction, so I'd be surprised if Kawhi was actually included, but who knows?

Im not Sure who has the assets to make it worthwhile. Honestly maybe the knicks. Lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True.

Yeah you would think the future would include Kawhi for years to come but if it is serious as some reports are saying...Kawhi is a problem. Still, is he that much of a problem you blow it up after year one. I likely say no but I’ve seen crazier things

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they just trade PG that would be a shock and a brutal return after all they gave up to get him

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They just need more time together. That's it. All their chemistry issues were really loss related. They never had time to gel all year because of various issues, thought they were gonna win, then hit some losses so it started to fray. And the bubble just added to the stress. Play a full season (or close to it) and they should be fine.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just need more time together. That's it. All their chemistry issues were really loss related. They never had time to gel all year because of various issues, thought they were gonna win, then hit some losses so it started to fray. And the bubble just added to the stress. Play a full season (or close to it) and they should be fine.

The reports that have come out indicate a toxic locker room environment. More time together doesn’t fix that.

Now, they have enough talent that they should be able to win a lot of games anyway, but it could be that they need to make some moves to address the locker room. Even if they aren’t “blow it up” style moves.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reports that have come out indicate a toxic locker room environment. More time together doesn’t fix that.

Now, they have enough talent that they should be able to win a lot of games anyway, but it could be that they need to make some moves to address the locker room. Even if they aren’t “blow it up” style moves.

Kawhi should have stayed his low key ass in Toronto

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thing is, it's not like they were losing. They had won their first round series and were up 3-1 in the 2nd round.

As tlance pointed out, reports are coming out about the locker room being toxic.

In that kind of environment, more time together is likely to just make it worse. I think that cooler heads will ultimately prevail and they'll figure it out enough to prevent a full teardown, at least for this coming season. Like Q said, their return is likely to be brutal considering what they gave up to get Kawhi and PG together.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They need a leader, imo. They knew it wasn't going to be PG. Unfortunately for them, it turns out that it's not Kawhi either.

I don't want them to get him, but I think Rondo could be interesting on that team. He's a pretty solid leader. Problem though is, he can be salty himself. So, if his teammates don't want to listen, he's not exactly above throwing gasoline on the fire.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawhi should have stayed his low key ass in Toronto

Either that, or go somewhere that he didn't have to be the leader. I'm not even sure he'd have worked out on the Lakers with Lebron and AD. Lebron's 175 years old and played every game. Not sure he'd be cool with Kawhi's load management, skipping and being late for practices and late for team flights.

A lot of what the Lakers accomplished was because Lebron was keeping everybody together and on the same page. I don't think Kawhi's "Lone Wolf" thing would have played well.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,201.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree and no I'm not going to quit bringing up CP3. The league had no business stepping in. They had put someone in charge of running the that team and had no business stepping in. The only reason Stern did was because they were looking for an owner and CP3 was a star player.

The deal that Stern ultimately approved, was actually worse for the Hornets than the original deal with the Lakers, which was a 3 team deal involving the Rockets.

And as you said, 0% chance that Stern vetoes it if the league didn't own the Hornets, so he shouldn't have vetoed with the league owning the either.
BOOM.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,201.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this Lance-TJ12 feud brewing.

eating popcorn GIF