• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NBA Offseason

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one man's opinion on how Pelinka is going to handle the continuing development of the Lakers post championship in the off-season. This speculation is besides a Chris Paul trade,

Before committing to the pursuit of Chris Paul, here are some cheaper possible third-scorer targets. Fortunately, there is no shortage:

• Buddy Hield is reportedly refusing to answer phone calls from his coach, and the Kings want to re-sign another expensive player at his position (Bogdan Bogdanovic). Hield spent half of a season with Davis in New Orleans, and his shooting would be welcome in Los Angeles.
  • Victor Oladipo is only a year away from free agency, and the small-market Pacers have already been involved in pre-emptive trade rumors. He is the only player on this list that shoots, defends and handles the ball at a high level, but his health is a major question mark. He has played only 45 games over the past two seasons. His health risks are why his value might be low enough for the Lakers to feasibly trade for him, but they are also why they probably shouldn't.
  • DeMar DeRozan grew up in Compton idolizing Kobe Bryant (and even wears his shoes in games). The Spurs are moving towards a rebuild and have a plethora of young guards that need minutes, and reports have quietly suggested that he wants out of San Antonio.
  • Zach LaVine is perpetually somewhat available. The Bulls aren't exactly desperate to move him, but he's two years away from free agency on a lottery team. They'd listen for the right offer, which the Lakers may or may not be able to provide.
  • Derrick Rose was a trade deadline target. The Pistons seem more amenable to a rebuild now, especially after dumping Andre Drummond at the deadline.
  • Evan Fournier has a $17 million player option on a Magic team that could decide to tank with Jonathan Isaac recovering from a torn ACL. He's worth sniffing around for the Lakers.
  • Terry Rozier just got paid by the Hornets, but that was before Devonte' Graham broke out and they landed the No. 3 pick in a guard-heavy draft.
  • D'Angelo Russell is almost certainly unavailable, but a phone call wouldn't hurt in case Minnesota wants to pick LaMelo Ball and hand him the keys.
  • Spencer Dinwiddie could be a chip Brooklyn uses to land a third star of its own. The Lakers don't have such a player to offer, but could sneak into the proceedings as a third-team acquiring Dinwiddie, or if the Nets fail in their quest for another big name, the Lakers could pitch them on the idea of 3-and-D role players that make more sense alongside Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving.
Not too shabby to move some of the Lakers dead weight and re-tool with some very good role players.

the lakers don’t have the assets to add most of them.

that’s the problem.

that’s why Paul is the obvious one. Low cost asset-wise

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors have the #2 pick in the draft. I think they should trade the pick for an impact player or 2. The team still has talent and could be a team to watch for next year. Will be interesting to see what they do with #2.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors have the #2 pick in the draft. I think they should trade the pick for an impact player or 2. The team still has talent and could be a team to watch for next year. Will be interesting to see what they do with #2.
Im really not sure what they can do. Terrible draft for them fit wise.

wiesman is the only “fit” and he’s a hell of a gamble here.

Reactions: DJ

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one man's opinion on how Pelinka is going to handle the continuing development of the Lakers post championship in the off-season. This speculation is besides a Chris Paul trade,

Before committing to the pursuit of Chris Paul, here are some cheaper possible third-scorer targets. Fortunately, there is no shortage:

• Buddy Hield is reportedly refusing to answer phone calls from his coach, and the Kings want to re-sign another expensive player at his position (Bogdan Bogdanovic). Hield spent half of a season with Davis in New Orleans, and his shooting would be welcome in Los Angeles.
  • Victor Oladipo is only a year away from free agency, and the small-market Pacers have already been involved in pre-emptive trade rumors. He is the only player on this list that shoots, defends and handles the ball at a high level, but his health is a major question mark. He has played only 45 games over the past two seasons. His health risks are why his value might be low enough for the Lakers to feasibly trade for him, but they are also why they probably shouldn't.
  • DeMar DeRozan grew up in Compton idolizing Kobe Bryant (and even wears his shoes in games). The Spurs are moving towards a rebuild and have a plethora of young guards that need minutes, and reports have quietly suggested that he wants out of San Antonio.
  • Zach LaVine is perpetually somewhat available. The Bulls aren't exactly desperate to move him, but he's two years away from free agency on a lottery team. They'd listen for the right offer, which the Lakers may or may not be able to provide.
  • Derrick Rose was a trade deadline target. The Pistons seem more amenable to a rebuild now, especially after dumping Andre Drummond at the deadline.
  • Evan Fournier has a $17 million player option on a Magic team that could decide to tank with Jonathan Isaac recovering from a torn ACL. He's worth sniffing around for the Lakers.
  • Terry Rozier just got paid by the Hornets, but that was before Devonte' Graham broke out and they landed the No. 3 pick in a guard-heavy draft.
  • D'Angelo Russell is almost certainly unavailable, but a phone call wouldn't hurt in case Minnesota wants to pick LaMelo Ball and hand him the keys.
  • Spencer Dinwiddie could be a chip Brooklyn uses to land a third star of its own. The Lakers don't have such a player to offer, but could sneak into the proceedings as a third-team acquiring Dinwiddie, or if the Nets fail in their quest for another big name, the Lakers could pitch them on the idea of 3-and-D role players that make more sense alongside Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving.
Not too shabby to move some of the Lakers dead weight and re-tool with some very good role players.

Nice ideas but I don't think DeRozan, Lavine, Fournier, Russell are really options imo.

Hield is interesting...and it is the Kings so maybe they would look to trade him but that is not very hopeful.

I agree with DRose, he is definitely an option they should look into.

Like you said on Dinwiddie, think they keep him if they don't find that 3rd "star"...the Lakers wouldn't be very enticing for a trade option.

The mid-level exception is going to be HUGE for the Lakers this offseason...gotta make it worthwhile

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im really not sure what they can do. Terrible draft for them fit wise.

wiesman is the only “fit” and he’s a hell of a gamble here.

I don't think they do this...but if they don't like the options at the top they should trade back to acquire more assets. Yeah, I know this isn't the most valuable pick like other draft years but depends on what they can get of course. Include those assets in a trade...not many options out there but as we know the Warriors are one of the teams that seem to pull shit out of their ass. They have that Twolves 2021 1st as well.

They won't be getting a "3rd star" but they don't need another KD. Just a better fit than Wiggins.

Honestly, keeping Wiggins isn't a bad option and just drafting a player. The Warriors seem to pretty decent in that department and Wiggins might be fine in his role.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they do this...but if they don't like the options at the top they should trade back to acquire more assets. Yeah, I know this isn't the most valuable pick like other draft years but depends on what they can get of course. Include those assets in a trade...not many options out there but as we know the Warriors are one of the teams that seem to pull shit out of their ass. They have that Twolves 2021 1st as well.

They won't be getting a "3rd star" but they don't need another KD. Just a better fit than Wiggins.

Honestly, keeping Wiggins isn't a bad option and just drafting a player. The Warriors seem to pretty decent in that department and Wiggins might be fine in his role.

wiggins should get a 3-5% shooting bump line other role players, but what does that make him? Replacement level?

I was kicking around Wiggins/Poole/paschal for horford type of deal. Horford’s deal is kind of toxic, meanwhile the sixers gets some younger players who fit them better, and Wiggins might be able to fit better with their pieces (similar role to what he would probably do in gs)

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wiggins should get a 3-5% shooting bump line other role players, but what does that make him? Replacement level?

I was kicking around Wiggins/Poole/paschal for horford type of deal. Horford’s deal is kind of toxic, meanwhile the sixers gets some younger players who fit them better, and Wiggins might be able to fit better with their pieces (similar role to what he would probably do in gs)

Horford would be a good fit with GS but idk...in that case I wouldn't mind just keeping Wiggins. Saw some other ideas, most I don't really like though:

Andrew Wiggins, the No. 2 pick and the 2021 Minnesota first to Atlanta for Clint Capela and the No. 6 pick - Atlanta would get another scorer they desperately need but is this helping the Warriors that much??

The No. 2 pick and Kevon Looney to Cleveland for Collin Sexton, the No. 5 pick and a future first - I do not think the Cavs are any plan of trading Sexton anytime soon, I think they would look into extending him before they trade him especially not this offseason so not buying this one.

Wiggins, the No. 2 pick and the 2021 Minnesota pick to Indiana for Myles Turner and T.J. Warren - This one is interesting. If Oladipo does force his way out I could see Indiana blowing it up...but would they blow it up for a Brogdon/Sabonis/Wiggins trio...not sure about that.

I still think keeping the pick would be the better option.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting the Lakers are trying to divest themselves from a very bad contract incurred during the Jim Buss era which was a shit-storm extraordinaire.

Meh, doubt they get it. Maybe the league will let them defer it for a couple of seasons. But I'd be surprised if the league just cancels it. That would likely trigger more angry letters from Dan Gilbert and Mark Cuban crying about how "it's not fair".

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wiggins fits them really well actually.

He still has some talent. I think he plays well as a 4th option with all those leaders around him. Don’t think he will every fulfill the draft day hype, but he can be a quality role player in GS.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggins fits them really well actually.

He still has some talent. I think he plays well as a 4th option with all those leaders around him. Don’t think he will every fulfill the draft day hype, but he can be a quality role player in GS.

he needs to focus on using his size, athleticism and length to become a passable defender

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he needs to focus on using his size, athleticism and length to become a passable defender

And I think he will.

All the stars in GS care about defense. They will lead by example, hold him accountable and I am betting he will end up being solid there.

Don’t think the Minnesota culture ever really forced him to do that.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I think he will.

All the stars in GS care about defense. They will lead by example, hold him accountable and I am betting he will end up being solid there.

Don’t think the Minnesota culture ever really forced him to do that.

mid Thibs And jimmy butler couldn’t get him to play D, I doubt anyone could

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, doubt they get it. Maybe the league will let them defer it for a couple of seasons. But I'd be surprised if the league just cancels it. That would like trigger more angry letters from Dan Gilbert and Mark Cuban crying about how "it's not fair".
I disagree TJF12. I think Pelinka and company are trying to gather cap space in a creative approach as it is going to decrease in the next cap cycle and I think Pelinka really wants to remove this albatross that continues to hang around the Lakers neck for a guy that played all of what 3 games. I also think, the Lakers are using their Championship clout to see if Silverman will budge and consider dismissing the remainder of their obligation because they definitely meet all of the criteria set by the league to dismiss the remainder. I am pretty sure Pelinka and to some extent Jeannie Buss, don't give a damn what Gilbert and Cuban think.