• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NBA Offseason

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well to base anything on this year would be insane.

Those guys were not going to be back in april. yes they would've been back in July.

to throw the baby out with the bath water for this year is like how the league overreacted to like 7 things, with almost impossible odds, to perfectly align for the warriors to get KD.

adding an injured reserve would be a start though.

You're acting like teams don't end up with high draft picks because of injury. Last year, the Lakers went from a 4-5 seed to the lottery because Lebron got injured, they'd have had him for a tournament.

The Warriors had Steph and Klay out this year. They're likely back for a tournament.

The Blazers had injuries.

Point is, there is often a team or 2 that miss the playoffs due to injuries. Then you have a tournament with that/those team(s) now healthy.

I just don't see how this does anything but make it harder for the teams that need top picks the most, to actually get them.

Even if no teams are in the tournament due to injuries. The team that finished as a 9 seed is often significantly better than the team with the worst record.

Last edited:

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're acting like teams don't end up with high draft picks because of injury. Last year, the Lakers went from a 4-5 seed to the lottery because Lebron got injured, they'd have had him for a tournament.

The Warriors had Steph and Klay out this year. They're likely back for a tournament.

The Blazers had injuries.

Point is, there is often a team or 2 that miss the playoffs due to injuries. Then you have a tournament with that/those team(s) now healthy.

I just don't see how this does anything but make it harder for the teams that need top picks the most, to actually get them.

bottom 8 will stop a lot of that. Even down to 6. Either way you lock out the best 6-8 lottery teams from moving up.

You will have some flukes sure.

But it's still better than ping pong balls deciding the course of league history will bullshit nonsense like Duncan to the Spurs.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By "winning" a tournament for the #1 seed?
By having well timed injuries to a good team that allowed them to "tank" without actually being bad.

Last edited:

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But having well timed injuries to a good team that allowed them to "tank" without actually being bad.

good teams are rarely doing that level fo tanking, the spurs in the 90s not withstanding.

the roster/injury rules would need some tweaking for sure.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bottom 8 will stop a lot of that. Even down to 6. Either way you lock out the best 6-8 lottery teams from moving up.

You will have some flukes sure.

But it's still better than ping pong balls deciding the course of league history will bullshit nonsense like Duncan to the Spurs.

That's why they need to just go back to the worst record gets the top pick and go in reverse order from there. It's not perfect (there is no perfect way), but at least the team with the actual worst record gets the first pick.

And bottom 8 won't stop a lot of that, it might make it worse. A team that is a perennial 6-8 seed could tank a season, miss the playoffs and then end up getting the #1 pick in the draft when they are playing their full roster.

If a tournament was in place after Lebron's first season with the Lakers, I could hear the crying now. They miss the playoffs because he was hurt, but now they become the clear favorite to win the tournament because he's back. In that case, other teams and fans would have every right to be pissed, imo.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the roster/injury rules would need some tweaking for sure.

That's where it really gets sketchy. Now you're going to have the league decide whether or not a player is too injured to play?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why they need to just go back to the worst record gets the top pick and go in reverse order from there. It's not perfect (there is no perfect way), but at least the team with the actual worst record gets the first pick.

And bottom 8 won't stop a lot of that, it might make it worse. A team that is a perennial 6-8 seed could tank a season, miss the playoffs and then end up getting the #1 pick in the draft when they are playing their full roster.

If a tournament was in place after Lebron's first season with the Lakers, I could hear the crying now. They miss the playoffs because he was hurt, but now they become the clear favorite to win the tournament because he's back. In that case, other teams and fans would have every right to be pissed, imo.

That's where it really gets sketchy. Now you're going to have the league decide whether or not a player is too injured to play?

not exactly. More like they would need a version of the ir.

the question is at what point is a player out for the year including the tournament.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not exactly. More like they would need a version of the ir.

the question is at what point is a player out for the year including the tournament.

IR only works if teams use it.

What is to stop a team from calling a star player day to day for month?

There are legit injuries that can appear close and then just take forever for the player to clear those final hurdles.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IR only works if teams use it.

What is to stop a team from calling a star player day to day for month?

There are legit injuries that can appear close and then just take forever for the player to clear those final hurdles.

sure. But it’s still hard for teams to drop from playoff team to bottom 8. Not saying it doesn’t happen. Idk. There are things to be worked out. But any bottom 8 team can win 3 games in a row. Just stops teams from trying to be unwatchable

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why does it say "new" designs? Most of these are clearly throwback alternates. The Green Dallas (late 80s) jerseys and the Oakland jerseys (00s) are definitely throwbacks. The Lakers jersey looks like a riff on some of the really old Lakers teams. And the Miami jersey is basically the Miami Vice Heat jersey with more color. I have no clue what the gold Dallas one is though. I'm pretty sure they've wore the Dallas 80s, Warriors 00s and old Lakers jerseys before so I wouldn't say they are new. The other two are new though