• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NBA Offseason

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is his comparison across MJ's entire career for the superstars? Because there might have been 25 across his career, but not at any one given season or block of time. Also depends on what he considers a superstar. Some players are stars, but not superstars.

If he played today, the same way he played then, he would average more points, the current rules pretty much guarantee that. But he's not shooting 60% from the field if for no other reason than he would likely shoot a few more 3's per game.

We don't know what he, Magic and Bird would have done. Free agency was relatively new and players didn't have quite the same freedom under it that they do today. It's easy to say they wouldn't have teamed up when they really didn't have as much choice. It's like someone saying I'd never own a Rolls Royce when they can't afford one.

Last edited:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is his comparison across MJ's entire career for the superstars? Because there might have been 25 across his career, but not at any one given season of block of time. Also depends on what he considers a superstar. Some players are stars, but not superstars.

If he played today, the same way he played then, he would average more points, the current rules pretty much guarantee that. But he's not shooting 60% from the field if for no other reason than he would likely shoot a few more 3's per game.

We don't know what he, Magic and Bird would have done. Free agency was relatively new and players didn't have quite the same freedom under it that they do today. It's easy to say they wouldn't have teamed up when they really didn't have as much choice. It's like someone saying I'd never own a Rolls Royce when they can't afford one.

I just think his comment all around was horrible.

I'm not debating that MJ may have played against 25 superstars throughout his career but you can say the same for guys like Lebron, KD, Steph, and others who been great for a long period of time but that avg 60 on 75% is such a ridiculous take.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think his comment all around was horrible.

I'm not debating that MJ may have played against 25 superstars throughout his career but you can say the same for guys like Lebron, KD, Steph, and others who been great for a long period of time but that avg 60 on 75% is such a ridiculous take.

There are probably more superstars now than their were in that era anyway.

And none of them teamed up back then.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Superstars/borderline superstars who Lebron played against at some point IMO

1. Kobe
  2. Shaq
  3. Wade
  4. KG
  5. Dirk
  6. Duncan
  7. Dwight
  8. Durant
  9. Curry
  10. Leonard
  11. Giannis
  12. Harden
  13. Melo
  14. Ray Allen (Seattle Ray)
  15. T-Mac
  16. Jason Kidd
  17. Steve Nash
  18. Iverson
  19. Pierce
  20. Westbrook
  21. CP3
  22. Anthony Davis
  23. Paul George
  24. Derrick Rose
  25. Dame
  26. Kyrie
Of course some names can be debated which is why I said borderline superstars but I'm sure you can debate some names if you list 25 superstars MJ played with in his career

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Superstars/borderline superstars who Lebron played against at some point IMO

1. Kobe
  2. Shaq
  3. Wade
  4. KG
  5. Dirk
  6. Duncan
  7. Dwight
  8. Durant
  9. Curry
  10. Leonard
  11. Giannis
  12. Harden
  13. Melo
  14. Ray Allen (Seattle Ray)
  15. T-Mac
  16. Jason Kidd
  17. Steve Nash
  18. Iverson
  19. Pierce
  20. Westbrook
  21. CP3
  22. Anthony Davis
  23. Paul George
  24. Derrick Rose
  25. Dame
  26. Kyrie
Of course some names can be debated which is why I said borderline superstars but I'm sure you can debate some names if you list 25 superstars MJ played with in his career

Change Kyrie to Luka and I would feel a lot better.

Kyrie ain’t no superstar.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally forgot about Luka

Paul George a tough sell too

But I am sure there are a couple more guys who could be on that list that we aren’t thinking about.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They dont want to end that late again

The alternative is to compact the schedule off a short break like they're proposing now - that's not feasible, especially for the teams that made it to the final 4 - Lakers, Heat, Celtics, Nuggets. In this proposed method, you play until July/August, get rid of preseason and start the regular season in November the following year.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The alternative is to compact the schedule off a short break like they're proposing now - that's not feasible, especially for the teams that made it to the final 4 - Lakers, Heat, Celtics, Nuggets. In this proposed method, you play until July/August, get rid of preseason and start the regular season in November the following year.

I bet the Warriors love that idea!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The lates they're going into is maybe July. If they want to go back to the Oct-June schedule then players are going to have to sacrifice a shorter offseason. I think most would because they want their summer back. Lakers and Heat players may feel differently since they were playing into middle of October but i think most of the other 28 teams will be on board

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is his comparison across MJ's entire career for the superstars? Because there might have been 25 across his career, but not at any one given season or block of time. Also depends on what he considers a superstar. Some players are stars, but not superstars.

Right....supposedly he did flirt with going to NY. No chance he makes the move if they could have paid what the Bulls gave him? Just to stick it to Krause (who is a far better GM than MJ).

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real alternative is for the league to say this is what we have to do and then pay those that show up. These guys are past the half way point of killing the golden goose.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real alternative is for the league to say this is what we have to do and then pay those that show up. These guys are past the half way point of killing the golden goose.

As I've said many times. Live sports is one of the few things that still generate cable tv ad dollars. The issue is not having people in attendance and the industries around that.

Even with the shit show of missing an entire playoffs and a quarter or regular season attendance the league revenue "only" dipped 10 percent.

Now that's a lot of money but the decrease in ratings was not relayed into a decrease in revenue.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I've said many times. Live sports is one of the few things that still generate cable tv ad dollars. The issue is not having people in attendance and the industries around that.

Even with the shit show of missing an entire playoffs and a quarter or regular season attendance the league revenue "only" dipped 10 percent.

Now that's a lot of money but the decrease in ratings was not relayed into a decrease in revenue.
Yes but even that, along with the forecasted future dip, is going to result in a huge impact on the salary cap.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but even that, along with the forecasted future dip, is going to result in a huge impact on the salary cap.

Then that's what has to happen. The good thing both the nba and nfl have is open bookkeeping. Mlb owners refuse to share. That will be the issue with mlb

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm a player I can tolerate some concessions if I can physically see a team is losing.

When I have teams like the Royals that take their welfare mlb money and make a profit while not explaining it to the players.... Well that's a problem

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was actually surprised that it was only a 10% dip. As you said, that's still a lot of money. But it could have been much, much worse.