• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NBA Offseason

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am reminded of the time where a "substantial faction of players" made noise about walking out of the bubble and effectively canceling the remainder of last season's playoffs for social justice reasons.

Then, the NBA informed them how much money they would lose... and the players had a swift change of heart.

I'm sure the NBA accountants are gonna make every effort to communicate to the players how much money the league (and eventually they) stand to lose by not having Christmas games... we'll see if history repeats itself after that.

It is 1 day.

No chance the Xmas impact comes close to the playoffs.

Just don’t think that talk will have the same impact because the numbers are far lower.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But why tho? Clearly the most important issue in the country right now is how the loss of revenue will lower the salary cap and affect the offseason strategies for numerous teams.

I'm way more concerned about the Seahawks game this weekend.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting Carlos Dunlap should help some.

Had no idea the Seahawks D is ranked last. How times have changed. That makes what Wilson has done to get them to 5-1 even more impressive. Yeah I know he had a bad day, 3 int's. But I'd bet money he doesn't do that again.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had no idea the Seahawks D is ranked last. How times have changed. That makes what Wilson has done to get them to 5-1 even more impressive. Yeah I know he had a bad day, 3 int's. But I'd bet money he doesn't do that again.

If I recall what I heard correctly, there are 3 defenses get less pressure on QB's than the Seahawks. Their combined record is something like 5-15. lol

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I recall what I heard correctly, there are 3 defenses get less pressure on QB's than the Seahawks. Their combined record is something like 5-15. lol
that loss to the Cards was crazy. lol short QB vs. SHORTER QB. gotta admit I didn't think Kyler had what it took to make it, but he proved me wrong last Sunday...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm way more concerned about the Seahawks game this weekend.

They'll be just fine.

Jamal Adams has been out since god knows when and their O-Line has been at it's worst for the last three years.

And despite that the Hawks are still 5-1. And they just got Dunlap.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's because i'm female, maybe it's because i've never played professional sports.

But this "2 months isn't enough time off" sounds like complete bullshit to me when it comes to starting the next season.

It's not like they're only getting paid $11 an hour

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's because i'm female, maybe it's because i've never played professional sports.

But this "2 months isn't enough time off" sounds like complete bullshit to me when it comes to starting the next season.

It's draining mentally and physically. You are working out every day, not seeing your families, not having fun. These are humans not entertainment robots.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is an immense physical toll on their bodies competing at that level.

These guys all train year round. It isn’t that they are taking a bunch of time off in the off season, but the ability to train and recuperate from the grind of a season is very necessary.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's draining mentally and physically. You are working out every day, not seeing your families, not having fun. These are humans not entertainment robots.

Bingo plus a December 22nd start isn't 2 months off for the teams who made the finals. Training camp would likely start end of November so more like a month and half plus they were just in basketball mode for a whole year which isn't normal. Even when the season was suspended, they still had meetings and needed to stay in shape. I don't think they're asking much to get another month off after the year they just had

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo plus a December 22nd start isn't 2 months off for the teams who made the finals. Training camp would likely start end of November so more like a month and half plus they were just in basketball mode for a whole year which isn't normal. Even when the season was suspended, they still had meetings and needed to stay in shape. I don't think they're asking much to get another month off after the year they just had

they need to ease into it, but you are going to have jumble games around due to Covid.

so you need a bigger runway of time for games to be played.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd try and start around the same time, get rid of all-star weekend and just space games out a bit more while aiming for an end of around July/August.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd try and start around the same time, get rid of all-star weekend and just space games out a bit more while aiming for an end of around July/August.

It's a tough choice. For the teams that were in the bubble, especially the ones that went to the Conference finals and finals, it would be a very short off-season and they do need time to decompress, rest and be with their families.

On the other hand, there are teams that haven't played since what? March or April? They probably can't wait to get the season started.