• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NBA Offseason

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah Jazz were sold. They aren't going anywhere. New owner is a lifelong Jazz fan

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get ready, Philly. It's Moreyball time!

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daryl Morey going to the 76ers to be in charge of basketball operations.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how much cash Philly has this FA but they need a shooter or shooters.

Losing Redick hurt them a lot.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be posting here more frequently after next Tuesday but I'll just say I'm very happy about the Morey hiring.

And I like the coaching staff that Rivers has brought in.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It makes the most sense imo timing wise and with players health in mind. It's too quick a turnaround to do it in December. It's gonna be a tough fight though. I see the NBA's side of it, they want those Christmas Day games played. There's a lot of eyeballs and revenue associated with those games and since every league is gonna be losing revenue anyway because of covid related stuff, you're gonna have to get all you can. I think maybe the best solution might be to start on Christmas Day but make it a "soft start", meaning the games for like the first two or three weeks are really spaced out. That way players can get rest and slowly work their way back. They aren't just slammed right back into the grind. Like a team might play 2 games a week, that's it. Then come MLK Day, you ramp up to full schedule

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be posting here more frequently after next Tuesday but I'll just say I'm very happy about the Morey hiring.

And I like the coaching staff that Rivers has brought in.

Why that date? You work on a campaign or something?

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes the most sense imo timing wise and with players health in mind. It's too quick a turnaround to do it in December. It's gonna be a tough fight though. I see the NBA's side of it, they want those Christmas Day games played. There's a lot of eyeballs and revenue associated with those games and since every league is gonna be losing revenue anyway because of covid related stuff, you're gonna have to get all you can. I think maybe the best solution might be to start on Christmas Day but make it a "soft start", meaning the games for like the first two or three weeks are really spaced out. That way players can get rest and slowly work their way back. They aren't just slammed right back into the grind. Like a team might play 2 games a week, that's it. Then come MLK Day, you ramp up to full schedule
I am reminded of the time where a "substantial faction of players" made noise about walking out of the bubble and effectively canceling the remainder of last season's playoffs for social justice reasons.

Then, the NBA informed them how much money they would lose... and the players had a swift change of heart.

I'm sure the NBA accountants are gonna make every effort to communicate to the players how much money the league (and eventually they) stand to lose by not having Christmas games... we'll see if history repeats itself after that.