• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Hawks Offseason Thread:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha, nah. The handle, pictures, and my quote are all from the character from Portal 2 (voiced by J.K. Simmons). So possibly indirectly if they got the name from him? I was unaware of the political figure until you just brought it up.

Fair enough.

My nerdy history buff got confused..

Cave Johnson - Wikipedia

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess that's gonna have to be Clowney at this point? With Griffen gone idk who else is going to make enough of an impact to really improve things along the D-line.

I do see defenses, and specifically D-lines against new groups of O-linemen, having a strong start to the season with the lack of pre-season and such. But that also doesn't bode well for Seattle since well.....they have a few new guys on the O-line.

I'm really just hoping the secondary takes that big step with Dunbar and Adams and they open up the playbook more with Russ. That's probably gonna be the key to getting them W's.

If they're bringing back Clowney that would be great and get him signed and in camp, but if this is the group going into the season and Griffen makes an impact for Dallas than this lack of move will piss me off especially if Seattle can't generate a pass rush.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they're bringing back Clowney that would be great and get him signed and in camp, but if this is the group going into the season and Griffen makes an impact for Dallas than this lack of move will piss me off especially if Seattle can't generate a pass rush.

Yeah if they sign Clowney, then fine. Otherwise why not sign Griffen, he was very inexpensive, affordable.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah if they sign Clowney, then fine. Otherwise why not sign Griffen, he was very inexpensive, affordable.

He costed probably half of what Clowney is looking for so I'm not really sure what the FO is doing here unless we get an announcement of Clowney resigning soon.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He costed probably half of what Clowney is looking for so I'm not really sure what the FO is doing here unless we get an announcement of Clowney resigning soon.

Maybe seeing Griffen sign for peanuts makes him realize the market isn’t what he thought it would be. Revenue is going to drop hard and cap space for next year is likely going the wrong direction for teams.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so HOT right now seriously Griffin signed for 3 million? I don't know what the cap looks like but they couldn't give him 5 million and get it done??? I think the Seahawks management whiffed on this I would have taken Griffen in a heart beat than Clowney at 14-18 million. Clowney knows that there are no other options left on the market at DE he isn't going to budge on his asking price. Unless they are banking on Clowney not willing to play the season and will eventually take an offer (which is a fair way to go about this). But Griffen at 3 million is a freaking steal at this point we are going to end up signing Clay Mathews out of desperation.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just baffled with what the Seahawks are doing. Do they really think that Bruce Irvin, Benson Mayowa, Collier, and Taylor represent a competent group of defensive ends?

I get that they believe that you build an effective pass rush by having a great secondary but this is just ridiculous.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe seeing Griffen sign for peanuts makes him realize the market isn’t what he thought it would be. Revenue is going to drop hard and cap space for next year is likely going the wrong direction for teams.

I wouldn't be surprised if he sat out the year cause he didn't get the money he was looking for but use Covid as an excuse.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised if he sat out the year cause he didn't get the money he was looking for but use Covid as an excuse.

That would be a pretty stupid decision. He would be throwing millions of dollars away.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised if Clowney is signed for 10-12 million on a 1 year contract... Whether it's by us or someone else...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be a pretty stupid decision. He would be throwing millions of dollars away.

Yes it would be. I'm surprised his agent hasn't told Clowney to take an offer cause the money he wants isn't there.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it would be. I'm surprised his agent hasn't told Clowney to take an offer cause the money he wants isn't there.

I would imagine that he and his agent have a plan and they think that if they wait that some team will get desperate and pay him the money he wants. Seems pretty unlikely to me since there just any many teams with a lot of cap room.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seriously, WTF? Do they even care about the D line at this point?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would imagine that he and his agent have a plan and they think that if they wait that some team will get desperate and pay him the money he wants. Seems pretty unlikely to me since there just any many teams with a lot of cap room.

That's bad thinking on their part as the cap is going to decrease next year and teams are willing to hold onto their money now for next years issues.