• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Hawks Offseason Thread:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to L. J. Collier interview live right now, something about him just gives me hope all though i feel his answers don't seem like he believes it or that he really does think he is better than he is and what not. Didn't seem like he was fired up to prove people wrong more like yeah i can do it i am a great player blah blah.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to L. J. Collier interview live right now, something about him just gives me hope all though i feel his answers don't seem like he believes it or that he really does think he is better than he is and what not. Didn't seem like he was fired up to prove people wrong more like yeah i can do it i am a great player blah blah.

Oh for sure. That guy cashed out and will 100% be a dud. Maybe he was playing injured all last season, but that guy was absolutely and utterly absent in the games he played.. he was supposed to be a better run defender and yet we were one of the worst run defenses in the league even when he came back. Not ready to give up on him, but this guy was a 1st round pick, he can 100% cash out after his rookie contract and retire.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh for sure. That guy cashed out and will 100% be a dud. Maybe he was playing injured all last season, but that guy was absolutely and utterly absent in the games he played.. he was supposed to be a better run defender and yet we were one of the worst run defenses in the league even when he came back. Not ready to give up on him, but this guy was a 1st round pick, he can 100% cash out after his rookie contract and retire.

I hope he has that chip on the shoulder to prove to us he can play cause no player wants to be labeled first round bust.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he has that chip on the shoulder to prove to us he can play cause no player wants to be labeled first round bust.

I really don't think Ryan Leaf and JaMarcus Russell gave a shit lol.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't think Ryan Leaf and JaMarcus Russell gave a shit lol.

especially JeMarcus Russell those 1st overall picks were getting PAID thank god they did away with that and caped rookie contracts

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe L.J Collier was embarressed by how the season went his rookie year I mean to the point that he was a healthy scratch on a defense that needed all the help they could get is rough. I am glad he is taking ownership and will put together a ton of effort to be better. If the seahawks drafted him in the 1st round I am sure there was something there that they really liked.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now on The Herd, Joy Taylor is echoing a report that the Hawks have offered Clowney a 1 year deal for $15M. I am not sure how long ago that was made, but if it's true then it keeps me optimistic that we are still very much in the running to bring him back.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now on The Herd, Joy Taylor is echoing a report that the Hawks have offered Clowney a 1 year deal for $15M. I am not sure how long ago that was made, but if it's true then it keeps me optimistic that we are still very much in the running to bring him back.

It could be a new offer. A few weeks ago one of the Browns fans said that they had the highest offer but it was for 12.5mil which was kind of shocking.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOOOOOOOOO! We hired a black guy as a scouting executive! Does that mean we get an extra 3rd round pick or something now? What was the rule? (or did it not pass)

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports that teams are fed up with Clowney's demands are are "done" negotiating. Of course that comes with a grain of salt, but this only helps our chances of bringing the guy back.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
strange because the Browns just offered him a 15 mill per contract. Hawks would most likely match that offer.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really am curious what Clowney intends to do because the price wont go up the closer you get to the start of season. I think he might end up taking a 1 year deal and trying to prove himself but being such a pain in the ass I am sure next free agency a lot of teams are already scratching him off the list.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't know if he is just a pain i think it has more to do with how it was such a weird off season. The big sticking point on his negotiations is his health and no one can bring him in and test him. Remember he had off season surgery and a team that REALLY without a doubt needs him that had him around last season and part of the offseason and had him in the training rooms doing rehab before the pandemic has not offered him much either. I am sure this fact makes other teams a little wary on signing him to a "bigger" long term contract.

Clowney is one of these players that will get you 6-8 sacks a season is disruptive in the running game and passing game but is not a superstar that he thinks he is. He is very good even great at times But not as good as he "THINKS" he is. Also many of us have said it over he is not worth 18-20+ mill per year. That's for those 14+ sack guys that are on par with Clowneys game in almost every other area... for the most part.