• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Hawks Offseason Thread:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I'm salivating at the prospect of Griffen + Clowney + Irvin, but I just can't imagine where Seattle's going to get the cash without cutting Britt, Dickson, and others.

Well I'm not going to complain. Dunbar, Irving and Griffen is a nice get this off season.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no. Hearing fake account now. Shit!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm not going to complain. Dunbar, Irving and Griffen is a nice get this off season.

Finney (guard/center from Pittsburgh) was a good signing as well. He can play a few positions on the line and we got him for a pretty good bargain. Pittsburgh's OL routinely performs at a pretty decent level, so he should help.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boo!!!!

Still there's been a lot of links to Seattle and Griffen. Maybe could still happen.

Yes it could, which is why I instantly believed it. Those A-Holes with fake accounts have got to be stopped.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man a Griffen/Clowney/Irvin and Green/Collier/Rookie DE rotation i am fine with. Like i have stated before i would love for the Hawks to land Griffen but money is tight and they will need to start cutting players.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF was this fleece job all about? The fuck is Washington doing?

I have to agree entirely with WalterFootball on this one. Maybe John Schneider is also trading toilet paper to Dan Snyder in exchange for this? Perhaps the Snyder household is out?

This trade is extremely helpful as it allows us to spend our 1st and 2nd rounders on DL, OL help. Maybe even RB/WR. I think our safeties were okay last year, but none of them could stay healthy. Diggs + Blair + McDougald should be okay. Tre Flowers was getting beat constantly though, so Dunbar should help a ton (if he can stay healthy).

He's only got 1 year left so I'd assume he's looking for a big contract, so this is a 'prove it' trade. I love 'prove it' deals as they usually always work out.
______

Seahawks acquire CB Quinton Dunbar from Redskins for 5th-round pick
I know firsthand that many Redskins fans wanted changes to the front office this offseason, but imagine they may now have second thoughts. It seems as though the Redskins are in more turmoil than ever now that they don't have smart people making decisions any longer.

This might be the most lopsided trade we've seen this offseason without Bill O'Brien being involved. It makes zero sense. Quinton Dunbar was one of the top cornerbacks in the NFL last year. The Redskins, who were already in dire need of cornerback help, practically traded Dunbar for nothing, netting just a fifth-round pick in return. The Redskins should've gotten much more for Dunbar, but it appears as though the new front office can't evaluate talent properly. Be careful what you wish for.

The Seahawks are huge winners. They've needed a No. 1 cornerback to replace Richard Sherman for a couple of years now, and they finally have one. Dunbar is good enough to get the team over the hump in regard to advancing deep into the playoffs. This is a no-brainer A+ for them.

Grade for Seahawks - A+
Grade for Redskins - O'BRIEN

I honestly thought this was someone BSing until multiple reports started coming out. Big time pick up for just a mid round draft pick.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Ritzarmy and @Hall - what's y'all's opinion of Dunbar and the trade?

Hall

Hoopla Cash
$ 128,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my eyes he's worth more than a 5th but haven't received the big media praise. PFF loves him, he's good at the Line of Scrimage. Not a big fan of trading him.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always look at the spelling of their name, dead give away.
Yep....but 75% of us have trouble with your/you're or then/than, so subtle spelling differences have a great chance of flying under the radar.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep....but 75% of us have trouble with your/you're or then/than, so subtle spelling differences have a great chance of flying under the radar.

They're trying to spell their words the best they can, so there!

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Ifedi era is over in Seattle. 1 year deal with Chicago according to 710.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Ifedi era is over in Seattle. 1 year deal with Chicago according to 710.

Looks like the market wasn't as good for Ifedi as he would have hoped. Guess he had to do a prove it contract and hope to have a stronger year next year.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard that on the radio also. Not a surprise.
Me neither. And while Ifedi never really played to a 1st round level of ability, he was uncommonly dependable every week. We got angry with him about all the penalties, but he was available pretty much every game and definitely improved over the last season or 2. Continuity does matter on the OL moreso than maybe anywhere else, and we are likely replacing at least 2 and maybe 3 starters from '19 to '20.