• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Hawks Offseason Thread:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really have no idea whether this guy is good or not.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle just traded a 5th-RD Pick for CB Quinton Dunbar from Washington.

Dunbar was PFF's #2 ranked CB behind Sherman last year. Ol' Johnny Boy fleeced em again!!

Great move!

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dunbar was PFF's #2 ranked CB behind Sherman last year. Ol' Johnny Boy fleeced em again!!

Great move!

Seriously?!? And only a 5th rounder?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great move!

Well I hope he's good but I don't put much stock in PFF's secondary rankings.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really have no idea whether this guy is good or not.

Excited... When the Skins gave him approval to seek a trade, I had hoped the Seahawks would be in the mix... He'll be a very good addition... 5th round pick? Dang... That's highway robbery...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great move!
If he that good why the Redskins trade him for peanuts?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PFF CB ratings are largely trash. They only rate plays where the corner is actually involved in the play. And they are unable to determine whether a play happened due to the corner being burned or the scheme being burned.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFF CB ratings are largely trash. They only rate plays where the corner is actually involved in the play. And they are unable to determine whether a play happened due to the corner being burned or the scheme being burned.

Take PFF out of the mix, a 5th rounder is still a bargain for Dunbar... He'll replace Tre Flowers as the starter...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take PFF out of the mix, a 5th rounder is still a bargain for Dunbar... He'll replace Tre Flowers as the starter...

Sure. It won't matter if we don't bring back Clowney and some other DL assets.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF was this fleece job all about? The fuck is Washington doing?

I have to agree entirely with WalterFootball on this one. Maybe John Schneider is also trading toilet paper to Dan Snyder in exchange for this? Perhaps the Snyder household is out?

This trade is extremely helpful as it allows us to spend our 1st and 2nd rounders on DL, OL help. Maybe even RB/WR. I think our safeties were okay last year, but none of them could stay healthy. Diggs + Blair + McDougald should be okay. Tre Flowers was getting beat constantly though, so Dunbar should help a ton (if he can stay healthy).

He's only got 1 year left so I'd assume he's looking for a big contract, so this is a 'prove it' trade. I love 'prove it' deals as they usually always work out.
______

Seahawks acquire CB Quinton Dunbar from Redskins for 5th-round pick
I know firsthand that many Redskins fans wanted changes to the front office this offseason, but imagine they may now have second thoughts. It seems as though the Redskins are in more turmoil than ever now that they don't have smart people making decisions any longer.

This might be the most lopsided trade we've seen this offseason without Bill O'Brien being involved. It makes zero sense. Quinton Dunbar was one of the top cornerbacks in the NFL last year. The Redskins, who were already in dire need of cornerback help, practically traded Dunbar for nothing, netting just a fifth-round pick in return. The Redskins should've gotten much more for Dunbar, but it appears as though the new front office can't evaluate talent properly. Be careful what you wish for.

The Seahawks are huge winners. They've needed a No. 1 cornerback to replace Richard Sherman for a couple of years now, and they finally have one. Dunbar is good enough to get the team over the hump in regard to advancing deep into the playoffs. This is a no-brainer A+ for them.

Grade for Seahawks - A+
Grade for Redskins - O'BRIEN

Last edited:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Has some injury concerns, is in the final year of his contract, and reportedly is seeking a decent extension. My thought is the Skins are not competing anyway this year and figured they'd get something rather than nothing.

The catch is Seattle could be buying into him (TBD contract) based on a ONE YEAR solid performance for a player who has not started a full season.

If we give him a larger extension IMO this deal is not as attractive. I like it as a 1 year rental but he may have gone to Seattle knowing that we'd extend him... and I'm not sure I like throwing money at this type of player (1 year wonder, and STILL didn't start all of last season).

That all said, I think the Skins could've certainly gotten more for him.. at least a 4th if not 3rd. Dunbar is only 27, so he has a good 5-6+ years left at a high level if he stays healthy.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
F**king A great day for Seahawks fans!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow. I'd have to imagine that's RIP Clowney. He must want something insane (like $23M+) and we just can't afford it. Griffen is definitely a step down from Clowney in terms of age + talent, but this is certainly more affordable.

With the signing of Dunbar and the extra couple O-Lineman I'm sure we'll be drafting a couple pass rushers early.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I'd have to imagine that's RIP Clowney. He must want something insane (like $23M+) and we just can't afford it. Griffen is definitely a step down from Clowney in terms of age + talent, but this is certainly more affordable.

With the signing of Dunbar and the extra couple O-Lineman I'm sure we'll be drafting a couple pass rushers early.

Well maybe, most likely I think. He screwed around a bit to long.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off season suddenly looks way better! Everyone agree with that?

Yah hard not to.

Irvin + Griffen should help our pass rush along with a season ready Reed (really sucks we lost Jefferson) and if Dunbar can stay healthy it'll be REALLY nice to get a replacement for Flowers who was getting burned quite a bit last year. Now if we can just get a full season out of Blair+Diggs.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well maybe, most likely I think. He screwed around a bit to long.

I mean I'm salivating at the prospect of Griffen + Clowney + Irvin, but I just can't imagine where Seattle's going to get the cash without cutting Britt, Dickson, and others.