• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Draft & FA

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a 90 man roster...what does it matter?

We know who the top 3 are...Whyte and Samuels battling for RB4 at this point...the rest are camp bodies...maybe 1 will make it to the PS.

FB...there is 1 that will be on the 55.

Just don't think that we needed another RB. We know what Conner, Whyte, Samuels and Snell can do. With the addition of Watt, there's our 5 HB/FBs. Could've used another WR for actual depth in my opinion.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.1 for Winston is an absolute steal. The window is open and rapidly closing for both the Saints and Steelers.

Much like last year the Saints have found a valuable backup for cheap money. Brees went down and the Saints didn't miss a beat. Big Ben goes down and we saw the results. Even an average QB guides them to the playoffs.

I sure hope history doesn't repeat itself.

You can't compare the Saints backup situation to ours last year. That's insane. Teddy Bridgewater was a starter already, he had NFL experience under his belt with playoff experience as well. Of course Bridgewater was going to pan out better than 2 guys with 0 throws in an NFL game, one of which being an undrafted rookie.

I don't trust Winston at all. He's not a winning QB, most of his passing yards were in garbage time, if I'm not mistaken, and he threw over 30 INTs last year. He's yet to make the playoffs, he's 28-42 as a starter, double-digit INTs every single year (which is something some of us get on Ben about) and he's only thrown more than 25 passing TDs twice in his career. I would much rather sign Cam Newton before I even consider Jameis Winston. Fuck, give me Andy Dalton first before Winston too. At least Dalton has a winning record and has been to the playoffs before.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Jameis Winston gives you a chance to win? Dude doesn't even have a winning record as a starter and led the Bucs to ONE winning season in the last 5 years. No thanks.
Ok terry. Who u wanna have be the backup. Whose the stud that's gonna win for you. Most of his yards are in garbage time. Oh please please back up that claim....... I'll wait. Cam the mobile qbr with injuries and coming off a not nice foot injury, whose not a good passer . Great call.

will happily take dalton all day.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok terry. Who u wanna have be the backup. Whose the stud that's gonna win for you. Most of his yards are in garbage time. Oh please please back up that claim....... I'll wait. Cam the mobile qbr with injuries and coming off a not nice foot injury, whose not a good passer . Great call.

will happily take dalton all day.

We have our backups on our roster already. Y'all just need to give them more than 1 year to develop.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have our backups on our roster already. Y'all just need to give them more than 1 year to develop.
yeah, i mean im totally good with wasting an elite D. The bears did too.......Elite D's last 1-3 years maximum. Can be very good, but not elite.......

Glad we wasted one year while letting guys develop.

U didnt answer my question. Didnt think u would

TheBurgh88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You can't compare the Saints backup situation to ours last year. That's insane. Teddy Bridgewater was a starter already, he had NFL experience under his belt with playoff experience as well. Of course Bridgewater was going to pan out better than 2 guys with 0 throws in an NFL game, one of which being an undrafted rookie.

I don't trust Winston at all. He's not a winning QB, most of his passing yards were in garbage time, if I'm not mistaken, and he threw over 30 INTs last year. He's yet to make the playoffs, he's 28-42 as a starter, double-digit INTs every single year (which is something some of us get on Ben about) and he's only thrown more than 25 passing TDs twice in his career. I would much rather sign Cam Newton before I even consider Jameis Winston. Fuck, give me Andy Dalton first before Winston too. At least Dalton has a winning record and has been to the playoffs before.

I think you are making my point for me. Last year the Saints solidified their backup QB position with Bridgewater. This year with Winston. I get it that you don't like Winston and that is fine. What I saw last year with Mason/Duck gave me no confidence that in the event Ben goes down again they will fair much better. Why do you give the Steelers a pass for putting themselves in the position that if Ben goes down for any extended period of time you are looking at 2 inexperienced backups? I saw it in 2019 and would prefer not to see it again in 2020.

I doubt Winston ever becomes a star but he would give me a lot more confidence if he was asked to fill in and for 1.1 million that is dirt cheap. Now if they were looking at 5-10 million/year I would probably pass on him. They can't afford it. Look no further than Tennessee. No one ever expected Tannehill to fill in so admirably when Mariotta performed so poorly. I believe an experienced backup is required when a team has deep playoff aspirations. Let Rudolph sit at 3rd string because he is obviously not ready. Once Ben hangs it up you can see all of Rudolph you want. Hopefully the results are better than 2019.

As far as Cam/Dalton goes, I think it will depend on a number of factors. Is Cam Healthy? Does he want to be a starter? How much salary will he command? Dalton would be a good backup but again what is looking at for salary? I would rather have either of these guys over Rudolph but not if they are looking for starter money.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, i mean im totally good with wasting an elite D. The bears did too.......Elite D's last 1-3 years maximum. Can be very good, but not elite.......

Glad we wasted one year while letting guys develop.

U didnt answer my question. Didnt think u would

Your question was "Who u wanna have be the backup". I answered with "We have our backups already on our roster". How was that not answering your question?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you give the Steelers a pass for putting themselves in the position that if Ben goes down for any extended period of time you are looking at 2 inexperienced backups? I saw it in 2019 and would prefer not to see it again in 2020.

I give Mason and Duck a pass because they were rookies with no NFL game experience. Neither one of them threw an NFL pass until Ben got hurt last year. We can't expect them to be great and step in and completely replace Ben's stats and skills right away. Not every backup QB can be Brady or Ben out of the gate. Obviously, Mason and Duck need more time to develop and I'm fine with that. 80% of the NFL would be fucked if their starting QB went out. We weren't any different last year.

I doubt Winston ever becomes a star

Then why should we waste the time and the money on him?

I would rather have either of these guys over Rudolph but not if they are looking for starter money.

That's the million dollar question. Can we get Cam or Andy for backup QB money? Will Cam or Andy sign a $1.1 mil deal to backup Ben? I highly doubt it for Cam and I don't think Dalton will settle for that either. With the money we have, or lack thereof, Mason/Duck are our best bets and we need to hope that they grow and develop. Now if they don't grow and develop, that's a different conversation to have. But there is some potential there from both of them. We can't judge them on last year. We simply can't. It was both of their first throws, first starts, first everything. Give them a break and give them some time. Hopefully they surprise a bunch of y'all.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your question was "Who u wanna have be the backup". I answered with "We have our backups already on our roster". How was that not answering your question?
Lmao ok. So if Ben goes down. With our d, your ok letting them "develop"?

i Also Asked u about cam. U didn't reply. U do that a lot. There will be some
Long winded dancing reply.

we simply can judge them
On last year . Rookies are judged all the time. With that d, and our roster construction, we don't have time
To wait n see. We also Don't have the
Luxury of hoping a quarterback, who
Made his living by being mobile, is mobile.....he's not a great passer, never was. But he's had shoulder(I think) and foot issues, and I think he's better than Winston....when he doesn't pass great to begin with.....I'll wait.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao ok. So if Ben goes down. With our d, your ok letting them "develop"?

i Also Asked u about cam. U didn't reply. U do that a lot. There will be some
Long winded dancing reply.

we simply can judge them
On last year . Rookies are judged all the time. With that d, and our roster construction, we don't have time
To wait n see. We also Don't have the
Luxury of hoping a quarterback, who
Made his living by being mobile, is mobile.....he's not a great passer, never was. But he's had shoulder(I think) and foot issues, and I think he's better than Winston....when he doesn't pass great to begin with.....I'll wait.

You gotta take a chill pill dude. You always come to argue. "U do that a lot". Just relax bro.

I feel a lot better with Mason/Duck than I do with "The INT Champ" Jameis Winston or Andy "No Playoff Wins" Dalton. As long as Cam can stay healthy, I'm fine signing him. But I don't think he can stay healthy, so he's a no for me too.

Judge them all you want but they were rookies with no game experience. Never threw an NFL pass before. Never started a game before. All of their firsts were this year. I think it's ignorant to judge Mason and Duck off of last year. But that's just my opinion.

We might not have the luxury of hoping for a QB to develop, but we also don't have the money to sign an expensive ass QB who used to be a starting QB and now is not and hope that the bad habits that got them released from their teams are able to be forgotten. Jameis had to lower his standards for a reason. Cam is going to learn that same lesson. Dalton is getting paid $7 mil to back Dak Prescott up after starting for the Bengals for 9 years. Mason and Duck can be taught to not have those bad habits. They can grow off of last year as long as they can sit and watch a Hall of Fame QB play and sling the ball the way we all know he can. If they are in the same situation again this year and they still underachieve, then we can have a legit conversation of who the QB of the future should be. But until then, for me, I will not judge Mason or Duck on their first year as starting QBs.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gotta take a chill pill dude. You always come to argue. "U do that a lot". Just relax bro.

I feel a lot better with Mason/Duck than I do with "The INT Champ" Jameis Winston or Andy "No Playoff Wins" Dalton. As long as Cam can stay healthy, I'm fine signing him. But I don't think he can stay healthy, so he's a no for me too.

Judge them all you want but they were rookies with no game experience. Never threw an NFL pass before. Never started a game before. All of their firsts were this year. I think it's ignorant to judge Mason and Duck off of last year. But that's just my opinion.

We might not have the luxury of hoping for a QB to develop, but we also don't have the money to sign an expensive ass QB who used to be a starting QB and now is not and hope that the bad habits that got them released from their teams are able to be forgotten. Jameis had to lower his standards for a reason. Cam is going to learn that same lesson. Dalton is getting paid $7 mil to back Dak Prescott up after starting for the Bengals for 9 years. Mason and Duck can be taught to not have those bad habits. They can grow off of last year as long as they can sit and watch a Hall of Fame QB play and sling the ball the way we all know he can. If they are in the same situation again this year and they still underachieve, then we can have a legit conversation of who the QB of the future should be. But until then, for me, I will not judge Mason or Duck on their first year as starting QBs.
you always come with contrarian shit that makes no sense, and then when questioned give these long winded replies that still make no sense.........you never realized its usually you getting into weird arguments on the steelers board? been happening for some time

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you always come with contrarian shit that makes no sense, and then when questioned give these long winded replies that still make no sense.........you never realized its usually you getting into weird arguments on the steelers board? been happening for some time

It is what it is at this point. I truly don't care anymore. Y'all mostly come at me with an attitude right away anyway so I'll just start returning the favor. If I make no sense to you, you don't have to interact with me, bro. Simple as that. But please, in the future, don't say stupid shit because I will call you on it.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is what it is at this point. I truly don't care anymore. Y'all mostly come at me with an attitude right away anyway so I'll just start returning the favor. If I make no sense to you, you don't have to interact with me, bro. Simple as that. But please, in the future, don't say stupid shit because I will call you on it.
and again, you wonder why.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just don't think that we needed another RB. We know what Conner, Whyte, Samuels and Snell can do. With the addition of Watt, there's our 5 HB/FBs. Could've used another WR for actual depth in my opinion.

RB room...I tend to agree that we know what the current group can do...McFarland brings wiggle and take it to the house speed to the room...from what I've seen, he's a better Whyte imo. So the room got better over all.

WR room...Claypool was not a consensus pick, but who else would you have taken in addition to him?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers listing Chris Wormley as an NT.

MOf2CD7.jpg

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe they got something up their sleeves, after what they did last year on D, let them do whatever they want IMHO
Agreed. And with Butler’s hybrid front we see any one of the DLine guys lining up at DT/NT at some point or another.