• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Draft & FA

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FantasyPro's Draft Grades:

2020 NFL Draft Grades For All 32 Teams

PITTSBURGH STEELERS

2.49 – Chase Claypool

Alex Highsmith
Anthony McFarland
Kevin Dotson
Antoine Brooks
Carlos Davis
Jaylen Samuels

If you’ve followed my draft coverage, you’d know that Claypool isn’t someone I liked, especially knowing he would go inside the top three rounds. Highsmith in the third round was a reach, as there were some good edge rushers on the board at that time. McFarland should be a fun player to watch in Pittsburgh, but his selection also makes the draft pick they used on Jaylon Samuels to seem useless. There’s not a signature player from this draft that I can see being an impact player for them, though Dotson could be a piece on their offensive line.

DRAFT GRADE: D

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Claypool I guess that means we won't get a chance to see Cain receiving passes from Ben.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Claypool I guess that means we won't get a chance to see Cain receiving passes from Ben.
IDK... Steelers seem to rotate their WR packages more than other teams. Last year was a little bit different, but even with Juju, DJ, Washington being the top 3 guys like Johnny Holton, Tevin Jones & Deon Cain were logging snaps & targets. In 2018 we saw AB, JuJu, DHB, Washington, Switzer & Rogers all get meaningful playtime.

Appears to be a theme with their top 6 WRs. Plus Ben LOVES his big, lengthy WRs. They have a lot of flexibility with this group.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr's Grade:

Pittsburgh Steelers: B-

Top needs: RB, CB, QB, DL

The Steelers haven’t had a losing season in any of the 13 years that Mike Tomlin has been in charge, but they have missed the playoffs two years in a row. You can chalk up 2019 to losing Ben Roethlisberger early and some resulting poor quarterback play, but this organization isn’t used to staying home in January. And really, they have a playoff-caliber defense already; if Roethlisberger is back to full strength, they should challenge the Ravens in the AFC North. And after they traded their first-round pick for safety Minkah Fitzpatrick in September — he looked to be worth it; he was named first-team All-Pro — they didn’t have a pick until the middle of the second round in this draft.

I would have loved to have seen Pittsburgh take Jalen Hurts to sit behind the 38-year-old Roethlisberger and take over in a couple of years, but it went the opposite route of the Packers and drafted a wide receiver to help Big Ben and the offense. Chase Claypool (49) is a 6-foot-4 physical specimen who was inconsistent at Notre Dame, but he has some slot experience, and there were a few teams that thought he’d move permanently to tight end. I don’t see that in Pittsburgh, which brought in Eric Ebron in free agency, but Claypool has the speed and physicality to move around the offense. He’s just a little enigmatic for my taste.

Outside linebacker Alex Highsmith (102) is a great fit as an outside linebacker in the Steelers’ 3-4 defense, and they even took two Maryland guys in running back Anthony McFarland Jr. (124) and safety Antoine Brooks Jr. (198). McFarland has some durability issues but stellar straight-line speed, and he’ll fit a need if he can stay on the field.

All in all, Fitzpatrick saves this class from a C.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kozora: 2020 Steelers 53 Man Roster Prediction (Way Too Early Edition) - Steelers Depot

My way too early take on the 53...or is it 55 now?

A lot of work is taken, but there will be some notable battles.

QB3...Lynch or Hodges. Pedigree goes to Lynch and his big arm.

RB4...Whyte or Samuels....tough call, but I think Samuels comes out on top in that one.

WR5...Switzer or Cain...could chance they go with 6 WRs and keep both.

RT...Okorafor or Banner...both are making it, the question is who is the RT and who is the OT3...this is assuming Feiler moves inside which I think he will.

C/OG...Dotson becomes the young guy in the room...the question is who wins the LG job...Feiler or Wisneiwski...gut says Feiler

DE...Wormley brings quality depth to Alualu...I'm not sure where Buggs fits. He has them keeping 5 and Buggs.

NT...McCullers...I really think a vet FA will be signed...too many names out there that fit what they want from this position.

OLB3...Highsmith is a lock to make it, but is he a lock for the OLB3 job? The battle for the 5th is between Adeniyi and Skipper...imo the total head count depends on how much they like Skipper on ST.

ILB...he went with 4 and I agree...not much competition for the 53

CB...time for Layne to find a role...love his 6th guy...Bandy.

S...He's got 5 making it...Need to see this Kinnel kid.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

5...Cain is on shaky ground given that Ben likes Switzer/understands his role.

6...I think Cain will be #6.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kozora: 2020 Steelers 53 Man Roster Prediction (Way Too Early Edition) - Steelers Depot

My way too early take on the 53...or is it 55 now?

A lot of work is taken, but there will be some notable battles.

QB3...Lynch or Hodges. Pedigree goes to Lynch and his big arm.

RB4...Whyte or Samuels....tough call, but I think Samuels comes out on top in that one.

WR5...Switzer or Cain...could chance they go with 6 WRs and keep both.

RT...Okorafor or Banner...both are making it, the question is who is the RT and who is the OT3...this is assuming Feiler moves inside which I think he will.

C/OG...Dotson becomes the young guy in the room...the question is who wins the LG job...Feiler or Wisneiwski...gut says Feiler

DE...Wormley brings quality depth to Alualu...I'm not sure where Buggs fits. He has them keeping 5 and Buggs.

NT...McCullers...I really think a vet FA will be signed...too many names out there that fit what they want from this position.

OLB3...Highsmith is a lock to make it, but is he a lock for the OLB3 job? The battle for the 5th is between Adeniyi and Skipper...imo the total head count depends on how much they like Skipper on ST.

ILB...he went with 4 and I agree...not much competition for the 53

CB...time for Layne to find a role...love his 6th guy...Bandy.

S...He's got 5 making it...Need to see this Kinnel kid.

Really don't see many surprises with the roster and I think you are spot on. Probably the biggest will be at QB3 (Duck gone and Lynch in) which hopefully will NEVER play a down.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers believe all-American guard Kevin Dotson will fit in well on their line | TribLIVE.com

The Steelers have perennial Pro Bowlers in Pouncey (center) and David DeCastro (right guard) starting on their interior offensive line. But longtime left guard Foster retired. While it is expected that either free agent signee Stefan Wisniewski or converted tackle Matt Feiler will take over for Foster, Sarrett did not rule out the possibility of Dotson winning the job.

“He’s a really big man with great lift and a very good athlete,” Sarrett said. “And what really showed up on his tape is he’s a people mover. This guy can move (defenders). He’s got all the stuff we’re looking for.”

Dotson was the first player selected in the draft who was not invited to the February combine. He was a standout at the East-West Shrine all-star game.​

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers believe all-American guard Kevin Dotson will fit in well on their line | TribLIVE.com

The Steelers have perennial Pro Bowlers in Pouncey (center) and David DeCastro (right guard) starting on their interior offensive line. But longtime left guard Foster retired. While it is expected that either free agent signee Stefan Wisniewski or converted tackle Matt Feiler will take over for Foster, Sarrett did not rule out the possibility of Dotson winning the job.

“He’s a really big man with great lift and a very good athlete,” Sarrett said. “And what really showed up on his tape is he’s a people mover. This guy can move (defenders). He’s got all the stuff we’re looking for.”

Dotson was the first player selected in the draft who was not invited to the February combine. He was a standout at the East-West Shrine all-star game.​

I'm one that feels like they got away with one on this pic....I'm not a coach but listening to the OL tech types...he plays a little high. Against the competition he was playing at La Lafayette it didn't matter that much. That won't be the case at this level...I'm anxious to see him compete...but knowing Tomlin he would have to flatout take the job assuming Feiler and Wisneiwski are healthy.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm one that feels like they got away with one on this pic....I'm not a coach but listening to the OL tech types...he plays a little high. Against the competition he was playing at La Lafayette it didn't matter that much. That won't be the case at this level...I'm anxious to see him compete...but knowing Tomlin he would have to flatout take the job assuming Feiler and Wisneiwski are healthy.
He'll learn fast & furious at TC (if it ever happens) going up against Heyward, Tuitt & Alualu.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well that nixes that rumor... However, I don't think there would be anything good to come from admitting if they did offer him a contract.

Colbert is usually not one to mince words however. He's been known to call it as it is.

@SteelersPride @ATL96Steeler

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well that nixes that rumor... However, I don't think there would be anything good to come from admitting if they did offer him a contract.

Colbert is usually not one to mince words however. He's been known to call it as it is.

I would like to think they did actually, but it doesn't sound like they were really in play for Winston.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

notice the wording, "negotiation". Doesnt say he didnt make an offer.....Jameis, you want come play here 2 years 20 million?

No, im going to the saints.

OK

deal offered, no negotiations, jsut saying

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
notice the wording, "negotiation". Doesnt say he didnt make an offer.....Jameis, you want come play here 2 years 20 million?

No, im going to the saints.

OK

deal offered, no negotiations, jsut saying
Think you missed the "or any offer" part of that quote

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to think they did actually, but it doesn't sound like they were really in play for Winston.
My guess is they called his agent to inquire... at the very least. Because if his best offers were in your ballpark then you play ball!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh oh... Dave Dameshek... Gonna give @SteelersPride the fitz this morning!
:lol:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FFF NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO:hellno::hellno::hellno:.

actually , yes, hes better than mason.