• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Draft & FA

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah there is no need to draft a RB and also hearing rumors they don't have intentions on extending Conner either after this season. With that I think Conner, Samuel and Snell are going to be just fine this season no need to waste a pick/additional spot on another RB.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or tackle, or safety, or LB, or CB, or DL.......all would improve the team more than RB. Unless its swift, i dont think its the right move, gonna be hard to sway me on that.....too many teams have proven #rbsdontmatter......including us.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And fairly or unfairly, the RB position has been devalued enough that it's a stretch to take one in the first round. The Steelers, however, do not have a first-round pick. They have a second-round pick which is typically where top-end talent ar the RB position goes.

You mention Swift. The more I watch these guys the more I don't see a big difference in the top five backs. Any one of Swift, Dobbins, Taylor, Akers, and Helaire would be an excellent value at 49. That's not to say that if a position of greater need has a compatible talent available that we shouldn't make that pick though.

I'm assuming that the Steelers are still a gap running scheme correct? Akers might have the most upside of any of these backs if he's in the right scheme. I think a zone scheme might take him a little time to adjust to and learn.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Within reason...

Otherwise, it's just an excuse to reach and draft an inferior player.
its not though, look at andy reid, and others, system lines etc.......they hold such higher value......

not looking at positional value, team composition, etc, is an excuse to think pro ball is like college ball. Your RB matters immensely less in pro ball. It just keeps getting proven

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I was thinking IOL, in general, more so than guard, even though I said guard. Generally speaking, guard is more valued currently in the NFL than RB.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its not though, look at andy reid, and others, system lines etc.......they hold such higher value......

not looking at positional value, team composition, etc, is an excuse to think pro ball is like college ball. Your RB matters immensely less in pro ball. It just keeps getting proven
Pretty much everyone, including Andy Reid and others starts looking at RB in the second and third round. I'm just saying that these 5 are very good and are a very good value in the second round.

I also know the trend is to say that RB doesn't matter and that it's been proven. It hasn't for me. In some cases, it seems that way but for every team that it doesn't matter for there is a Dallas Cowboys without Murray or the Steelers without Bell to disprove that theory. I think a game-breaker at any offensive skill position would be a good get in the second round for the Steelers. Unless there is a true difference-maker at a position of need that grades out similarly.

I don't think anyone should be mad if the Steelers end up with one of those five RB. Especially with Ben's career winding down.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Jeremy Chinn and Antone Winfield Jr a LOT too.

I would be pretty happy if either one was the pick.

Still need another safety for the Defense. And either one would be a good replacement for Edmunds, who should move inside to ILB, taking over Barron's role.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much everyone, including Andy Reid and others starts looking at RB in the second and third round. I'm just saying that these 5 are very good and are a very good value in the second round.

I also know the trend is to say that RB doesn't matter and that it's been proven. It hasn't for me. In some cases, it seems that way but for every team that it doesn't matter for there is a Dallas Cowboys without Murray or the Steelers without Bell to disprove that theory. I think a game-breaker at any offensive skill position would be a good get in the second round for the Steelers. Unless there is a true difference-maker at a position of need that grades out similarly.

I don't think anyone should be mad if the Steelers end up with one of those five RB. Especially with Ben's career winding down.
just becasue teams look at them, doesnt make them right, but yeah 2nd and third is ok to look. But we have other areais.

murray also had 2 blah seasons, and a decent seasons before his 1 monster season......so was he worth it? He was also pick 62.

Ezekial elliot is %3 better on average than his replacement....

phillip lindsay, singletary, marlon mack, 49'ers rb, chris carson, james conner, david johnson, miami RB.david montgomery, alvin kamara, ronald johns, damien williams, austin ekeler, kenyan drake, dolphins rb.

Thats just startser not take before round 3

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re just dug in so we’ll just have to agree to disagree. I think the second thru third round is prime for taking a high end back where the value makes sense. I’m just not in the camp that thinks any shit runner is good enough. Even if some teams can get by doing that for a year or two.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just becasue teams look at them, doesnt make them right, but yeah 2nd and third is ok to look. But we have other areais.

murray also had 2 blah seasons, and a decent seasons before his 1 monster season......so was he worth it? He was also pick 62.

Ezekial elliot is %3 better on average than his replacement....

phillip lindsay, singletary, marlon mack, 49'ers rb, chris carson, james conner, david johnson, miami RB.david montgomery, alvin kamara, ronald johns, damien williams, austin ekeler, kenyan drake, dolphins rb.

Thats just startser not take before round 3
And FYI. Your list of starters not taken before the third round... I see four names on that list that I would call Bonafide starter level talents. The rest are unproven or failures. Unimpressed overall. Other than the point that you “can” find a RB later...sometimes. You can also get Tom Brady in the sixth round. Good luck with that as your draft plan tho.