• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Draft & FA

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. All of the signings so far say the same thing. They have pieces to bolster the depth just in case.
Yeah the strategy itself seems to be the draft needs won't change much but now they at least have contingencies if and more likely when they can't fill them all.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the question is why would
Our biggest rivals give him up.......
Really stacked at DL, they just spent a shit ton of money on Campbell and Brockers. They were going to lose him in cuts anyway.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really stacked at DL, they just spent a shit ton of money on Campbell and Brockers. They were going to lose him in cuts anyway.
I guess I just never see them given anything of value in division, to the Steelers no less

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colbert is beefing up the depth pieces in FA. Honestly had no idea they would be this active. Hats off to him & Khan for making all this happen.

Signed Weisnewski (sp?) to get much needed help on the OL. Replaces the depth piece, but shouldn’t be viewed as the starter.

Signed Ebron to boost the TE corps.

Signed FB D Watt to bolster the run game & ST units.

not to mention a flurry of resignings like Banner, Dangerfield & Canaday.

Wormley...Remember what we heard about Buggs....Just bringing in another body...this guy was a 1st round pick iirc we should not be shocked if Buggs doesn't make the 53.

Wisneiwski said he was told he would compete for the LG job, so we shall see. He did start for KC in the SB

Ebron...here is the TE2 that we've been looking for...yeah, he didn't live up to his draft stock, but he doesn't need to now....hope he clicks with Ben early.

Watt...healthy body at the position

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez step away and come back and the freaking the Steelers traded with the Ravens. The world must be coming to an end!

And in other news they resigned Jordan "No Respect" Dangerfield.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wormley...Remember what we heard about Buggs....Just bringing in another body...this guy was a 1st round pick iirc we should not be shocked if Buggs doesn't make the 53.

Wisneiwski said he was told he would compete for the LG job, so we shall see. He did start for KC in the SB

Ebron...here is the TE2 that we've been looking for...yeah, he didn't live up to his draft stock, but he doesn't need to now....hope he clicks with Ben early.

Watt...healthy body at the position
Wormley... That’s what I thought, 1st rounder. Pretty sure he’s youngish too. Going to have a lot of tread on those tires. Should see a healthy rotation with Alualu & Wormley working in all along the line. Yea I’m thinkin Buggs is as good as gone if he doesn’t displace Big Dan this offseason.

Weisnewski... Sure, because it’s not as if they are bringing in a 1st Rd pick to be viewed as a starter. He’ll hopefully be competing with a 2nd Rd pick to start. Or Feiler if he moves back inside.

Ebron... Only thing that concerns me if Fichtner. I hope most of that is cured with Ben being back but still worth mentioning as we could be on a timer with Ben and his new elbow. We know this offense is not likely going to use TEs as soon as Ben goes down.

FB... Feel bad for Rosie. Dude put it all on the field for this team and was a stud for many years. Brutal position to play. Loved that guy and wish him nothing but the best. Hope Watt can stay healthy and provide a boost. If not then on offense he’ll make his mark on ST.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wormley... That’s what I thought, 1st rounder. Pretty sure he’s youngish too. Going to have a lot of tread on those tires. Should see a healthy rotation with Alualu & Wormley working in all along the line. Yea I’m thinkin Buggs is as good as gone if he doesn’t displace Big Dan this offseason.

Weisnewski... Sure, because it’s not as if they are bringing in a 1st Rd pick to be viewed as a starter. He’ll hopefully be competing with a 2nd Rd pick to start. Or Feiler if he moves back inside.

Ebron... Only thing that concerns me if Fichtner. I hope most of that is cured with Ben being back but still worth mentioning as we could be on a timer with Ben and his new elbow. We know this offense is not likely going to use TEs as soon as Ben goes down.

FB... Feel bad for Rosie. Dude put it all on the field for this team and was a stud for many years. Brutal position to play. Loved that guy and wish him nothing but the best. Hope Watt can stay healthy and provide a boost. If not then on offense he’ll make his mark on ST.

Rosie...agreed...not sure if he will play again, but he was a trooper and sad to see him go. Asked for his release so I think he's well funded if this is it.

Fitchtner & OFC...they have everything but the flatout burner...what they need to happen is a seamless change of the guard at LG (pardon the pun :D) and health....starting with Ben obviously. There will be an opportunity for a TE3 to make some plays this season...I can't bring myself to believe McD will make it thru the season w/o missing at least 2 games.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rosie asked to be released? Didn’t see that!

TE... Will be interesting to see if CSW makes a push for Gentry’s job this training camp. He was on the doorstep before an injury took him out of the running last year.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rosie asked to be released? Didn’t see that!

TE... Will be interesting to see if CSW makes a push for Gentry’s job this training camp. He was on the doorstep before an injury took him out of the running last year.

This is where I saw it.

Former Steelers FB Roosevelt Nix Requested His Release - Steelers Depot

TE3...it will be interesting...these guys have been on the roster/PS for a yr now. A legit chance to make the roster this yr if they don't take a TE early which nobody really expects.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers are near the bottom of the barrel in terms of remaining Salary Cap space

Well... FA is still open but the Steelers have basically nil in terms of cap space. They are floating around $4-5m in space right now, WITHOUT having their rookie class on the books. And that's a speculative number without knowing the exact terms of Ebron's contract. My guess is they will structure it so that they have enough for the $5m rookie class projection.

I had hopes the team would go after a vet backup QB but that doesn't appear likely anymore unless the Steelers want to restructure more contracts. DeCastro & Tuitt are likely candidates if the need arises. They could free up another $4-5m with those 2 restructures.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest needs for top Super Bowl contenders and potential fits in the 2020 NFL Draft | College Football and NFL Draft | PFF

PITTSBURGH STEELERS — NOSE TACKLE
Early: Neville Gallimore, Oklahoma
Later: John Penisini, Utah

After free agency, Pittsburgh has arguably the most complete roster in the NFL when it comes to a ‘need’ perspective. Now, simply being complete doesn’t always win you games, but there’s no one spot the Steelers have to address when they finally are on the clock in the second round. With Javon Hargrave gone to Philly, Oklahoma’s Neville Gallimore could fill those shoes with a similarly explosive skillset in Round 2. Gallimore ran a blazing 4.79 40 at 304 pounds at the Combine.

Later in the draft, Utah’s John Penisini is one of PFF’s favorite pure run-stuffing nose tackles. He earned a higher run-defense grade (90.6) than more highly touted teammate Leki Fotu for the Utes last season.​

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hope the brass has coalesced around two position groups:

IOL and DT.

OC: Biadasz, Cushenberry, Ruiz
OG: Lemieux, Kindley

DL: Raekwon Davis, Elliot, Hamilton

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hope the brass has coalesced around two position groups:

IOL and DT.

OC: Biadasz, Cushenberry, Ruiz
OG: Lemieux, Kindley

DL: Raekwon Davis, Elliot, Hamilton
I've heard stock on lemiuex dropping the more I've read fwiw.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard stock on lemiuex dropping the more I've read fwiw.
For what though? I haven't seen anything change.

I like holding static to player rankings unless there is a really good NEW reason to move them.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like more minor signings (old XFL guys):
OT Jarron Jones
S Tyree Kinnel
DT Cavon Walker

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what though? I haven't seen anything change.

I like holding static to player rankings unless there is a really good NEW reason to move them.
Wel like Many things initial reports aren't always true, ppl have dove deeper in the film some Find him stiff not as mobile as ppl think....it's like anyone 90% of projections are media hype. I get holding static, but what put him there in the first place..... there's always guys with lengthy starting histories....

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wel like Many things initial reports aren't always true, ppl have dove deeper in the film some Find him stiff not as mobile as ppl think....it's like anyone 90% of projections are media hype. I get holding static, but what put him there in the first place..... there's always guys with lengthy starting histories....
He was always considered the straight ahead road grader. Not the puller, like Kindley.