• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Draft & FA

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah but rookies eat how much
Threw this together based on the OTC estimates:

oMQboLt.png

More work to be done... But at least they would still have a couple months to become cap compliant before the rookie contracts hit the books.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Threw this together based on the OTC estimates:

oMQboLt.png

More work to be done... But at least they would still have a couple months to become cap compliant before the rookie contracts hit the books.
Yuck. That's less than I thought at least. Thanks for doing that! Let's hope we strike gold on a guy or two. We haven't recently....with FA.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also worth mentioning here @SteelersPride & @ATL96Steeler ...

Salary cap expected to increase at least $8M in 2020

That $8m could go a long ways for Omar Khan.

Edit: For some reason that link didn't work...It keeps redirecting

Here's the article:
Business is good in the NFL.

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported the league informed clubs Tuesday it is projecting the 2020 salary cap to again increase, this time into the range of $196.8 million to $201.2 million. The increase would be more than $8 million from the current cap of $188.2 million.

Salaries continue to rise across key positions, with each year bringing new names to "highest paid" in his role. The Philadelphia Eagles made guard Brandon Brooks and tackle Lane Johnson the highest paid at their respective positions with contract extensions agreed to during this campaign alone.

Quarterback remains the highest-paid position in the league, with Russell Wilson earning an average annual salary of $35 million, per Over The Cap. The increase in cap will set the stage for an offseason that should welcome at least one new massive contract for a quarterback: Dallas' Dak Prescott.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's going to need every dime...the cap had been forecasted to be in the 201-203 ml range.

I think PIT top 51...is right around 201ml as of now.
Damn, so that OTC figure already incorporates the increase? Well nevermind then! lol.

What was the new CBA impact to the cap? Wasn't that supposed to increase it dramatically?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, so that OTC figure already incorporates the increase? Well nevermind then! lol.

What was the new CBA impact to the cap? Wasn't that supposed to increase it dramatically?

Yeah...not like that $20 bill that got washed in your jeans and you discover it 2 months later. :D

I don't think they unearthed any new or unfound money...most of the online cap sites have been using roughly $201-203mil for their over/under projections.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...not like that $20 bill that got washed in your jeans and you discover it 2 months later. :D

I don't think they unearthed any new or unfound money...most of the online cap sites have been using roughly $201-203mil for their over/under projections.
Hell yea that forgotten $20 used to feel like an extra payday... Miss finding those.

Maybe it was somethin about getting rid of the cap altogether? Can't quite recall where I read that or what I'm remembering about it.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell yea that forgotten $20 used to feel like an extra payday... Miss finding those.

Maybe it was somethin about getting rid of the cap altogether? Can't quite recall where I read that or what I'm remembering about it.

There might be something out there brewing with the cap in this new CBA that I don't know about.

I'm not sure how long the players are going to take to vote on it, but there seems to be a clear line in the sand...the big money players almost across the board don't like it. Those speaking out for it are saying it's pretty good for the bottom feeders...unless the big money players can convince the rank and file otherwise, it has a chance to be voted in.

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will be voted in. Probably pretty easily too.

The NFL played their cards right. Most of the league is on the lower end of that pay scale. Win them, win the vote.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Steelers get a 3rd. 6th in line on Compensatory.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will be voted in. Probably pretty easily too.

The NFL played their cards right. Most of the league is on the lower end of that pay scale. Win them, win the vote.

I'm feeling pretty strongly for a yes vote as well. I'm the big money players pressed for the delay to try and influence more guys to vote no.

The big money players are saying there is a better deal and there probably is, but unless they are going to step up and say...$1 mil minimum and we've got your back (say $12,500 per game x 16 games).

Then the rank and file would probably vote no and wait it out.

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm feeling pretty strongly for a yes vote as well. I'm the big money players pressed for the delay to try and influence more guys to vote no.

The big money players are saying there is a better deal and there probably is, but unless they are going to step up and say...$1 mil minimum and we've got your back (say $12,500 per game x 16 games).

Then the rank and file would probably vote no and wait it out.
I would like to see the players get guaranteed contracts. I still don't understand how a contract can be one way. But it's never gonna happen. Unless they are willing to go into a prolonged work stoppage (and they aren't) just take the deal and move on. No sense in picking up a gun if you aren't willing to take it to war.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see the players get guaranteed contracts. I still don't understand how a contract can be one way. But it's never gonna happen. Unless they are willing to go into a prolonged work stoppage (and they aren't) just take the deal and move on. No sense in picking up a gun if you aren't willing to take it to war.

They should, but until the owners are forced to do it, they won't...I wouldn't either I guess. I think at this point...the owners have this sorted out. They need to ramp up the bottom feeders, and while I agree with the big money players, it's not enough (only $6250 more per game) ...but absent of something better, a $100k raise is a lot of money, even for somebody making $500k a yr.

I agree with you on the gun analogy, but I will say...Hacksaw Ridge was a helluva movie...:nod:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol... Judging by how incredibly lazy his insights are, I'm guessing it was one of those fluff pieces to boost the writer's quota before a deadline.
I mean that's absolutely the worst article I've ever read. Clutch points is an awful awful awful
Site but god