• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Draft & FA

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah i would def take over vance, but the cap hit is big, vances cap hit almost isnt worth it this year...

Vance's cap hit number isn't that bad if the production is there and the production can be there if he's on the field with Ben....his '18 numbers were okay for $7ml. 70 targets/50 catches/600+ yds/4tds.

But when a TE is making over $10 mil they gotta be closer to 1000 yds/ 10+ TDs.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 102.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the ravens are likely to
Move Hayden hurst, and it won't take much. I doubt they'd give to use though.

Remember when the Ravens stepped up and allegedly stole Maxx Williams from the Steelers? Good times.....

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when the Ravens stepped up and allegedly stole Maxx Williams from the Steelers? Good times.....

Well...considering the pick PIT made one pick later.

It sure feels like somebody stole something!...Senquez Golson never played in a regular season game for the Steelers.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jersey?

Maybe we had this conv already...sorry to repeat it if we did.

We moved to GA from NJ. Initially in So. Brunswick and commuted into NYC...the last 4 or 5 years in Plainsboro...and commuted into Philly.

I never thought I would say this, but I miss jughandles!

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 102.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...considering the pick PIT made one pick later.

It sure feels like somebody stole something!...Senquez Golson never played in a regular season game for the Steelers.

You had to mention the next pick......:gaah:

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 102.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jersey?

Maybe we had this conv already...sorry to repeat it if we did.

We moved to GA from NJ. Initially in So. Brunswick and commuted into NYC...the last 4 or 5 years in Plainsboro...and commuted into Philly.

I never thought I would say this, but I miss jughandles!

I like jughandles as long as they lead to a bar or liquor store......

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like jughandles as long as they lead to a bar or liquor store......

Jug handles were interesting....not sure they would work as well here.

Every state has some weird law on the books...no self serve gas was one I had a hard time getting used to in Jersey. Speaking of liquor...coming from the south and no liquor sales on Sunday...walking into a LQ store on a Sunday morning at 10...that was one I got used to pretty quickly!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2020 Steelers Combine Interview Masterlist (Updating) - Steelers Depot

I'm not sure how many informal meetings with draft prospects a team can have prior to the draft, but with the Steelers, they are pretty transparent typically when it comes to position groups they meet with.

If nothing else the list confirms most of the positions we expect them to go after.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2020 Steelers Combine Interview Masterlist (Updating) - Steelers Depot

I'm not sure how many informal meetings with draft prospects a team can have prior to the draft, but with the Steelers, they are pretty transparent typically when it comes to position groups they meet with.

If nothing else the list confirms most of the positions we expect them to go after.
I’m pretty sure the NFL cut back drastically on the amount of interviews a team can have this year. So these interviews could be a lot more telling

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m pretty sure the NFL cut back drastically on the amount of interviews a team can have this year. So these interviews could be a lot more telling

Interesting the only TE they intereviewed so far (Albert Okwuegbunam)...ran the fastest 40.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a bit discouraging that 24 teams have 20+ million in cap space, 22 have over 30, 19 have over 40million.....we have a 1.58.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a bit discouraging that 24 teams have 20+ million in cap space, 22 have over 30, 19 have over 40million.....we have a 1.58.

Especially after absorbing that massive dead money hit for AB last year.

This is an expensive team, it's playoffs or bust...imo if they tag Dupree, and go into the season with a reasonably healthy Ben and don't win at least 2 playoff games...it will be a bust season.

The DEF was that good...I don't see them sliding back a ton without Hargrave.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially after absorbing that massive dead money hit for AB last year.

This is an expensive team, it's playoffs or bust...imo if they tag Dupree, and go into the season with a reasonably healthy Ben and don't win at least 2 playoff games...it will be a bust season.

The DEF was that good...I don't see them sliding back a ton without Hargrave.
No I agree. But the crappy thing is, like with the bears , that d is gonnna last 1-3 seasons tops. We just had one. Wish we had room to add a piece or two. I would really be looking hard at some guys to restructure or free up money. Vance being one of them....

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting the only TE they intereviewed so far (Albert Okwuegbunam)...ran the fastest 40.
Steelers eyeing a hybrid TE role in their offense? Not what they need, but more tools for Ben's disposal I guess.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I agree. But the crappy thing is, like with the bears , that d is gonnna last 1-3 seasons tops. We just had one. Wish we had room to add a piece or two. I would really be looking hard at some guys to restructure or free up money. Vance being one of them....
The most valuable part of this defense is the young nucleus they have obtained/developed. Fitzpatrick, Bush, Watt & Tuitt (when healthy) are going to be cornerstones to this defense for the next decade if they can find common ground in contracts. And they have 2-3 years before those contracts will start hitting the books. Plenty of time to hash out the cap & build around those pieces from the fallout, and by that time Ben will be off the books clearing a ton of room.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most valuable part of this defense is the young nucleus they have obtained/developed. Fitzpatrick, Bush, Watt & Tuitt (when healthy) are going to be cornerstones to this defense for the next decade if they can find common ground in contracts. And they have 2-3 years before those contracts will start hitting the books. Plenty of time to hash out the cap & build around those pieces from the fallout, and by that time Ben will be off the books clearing a ton of room.
i understand the nucleus. Im not disputing they can be GOOD for a long time. For greatness, the window is small, all the accessory pieces must be in place, your 3-4 CB moves on, your 3 string safety, your 4th rotation DL. Those are the guys on all great defenses that move on and slightly alters what you have......we see it all the time....

That being said, they can be very good for a long time. I guess thats what im trying to say, in recent memory, seahawks, jags, ravens, etc, good for a long time, great d for a short period

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DEF...I agree, 3 tops at this level...Heyward is near the end of his prime. Maybe 2 more peak yrs left. IMO if they tag, Bud, they won't sign him long term unless he takes their number. So it's likely starting OLB will be a need for '21.

I don't think Vince is a good restructure candidate...one reason his dead money hit is so high....already tapped him...Tuitt, Heyward, DeCastro, and AVill have all been tapped for restructure.

Right now, it's in the hands of the capologists, Kahn and his staff, but fitting a $16 mil for a franchise tag is not going to be easy...no way they can retain Barron, Foster, Chick...to me these are automatic cuts. The one they will labor on is McDonald.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well...yes...the guys you mentioned will be the cornerstones of the DEF and two likely to be top of the market type contracts. But to keep it at the level it's at now 3 or 4 yrs from now...With Burns being a bust, they have a lot of work to do in the draft imo.

It's trending towards Heyward getting a 3rd deal...it won't be top of market, but it won't be cheap. Haden is on his last year...31 y/o...no CB1 looming to take that spot, yet. We can give them Sutton I guess, but fingers crossed with Layne. This staff hasn't developed an outside CB since Cortez....a good one since Keenan Lewis. We'll see about Dupree. If they make that happen long term...it will be for sure be a DEF cap heavy team with TJ, Fitz, Dupree, Bush, Tuitt (3rd?).

As far as winning a title...I don't want to say it's impossible after #7 is gone, but the title window is really how long he plays until we see another QB that can get the job done.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3