• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Draft & FA

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JFC... Combine media just can't help themselves... They keep asking about the Mason Rudolph racial allegation. Poor Colbert just keeps shutting it down saying Tomlin has already addressed it and he's there to talk about the combine and the roster moving forward.

Not much to talk about yet I guess...fishing for something.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...this deserved a winner some time ago.

Looking back at it now.

Edge...It's starting to look like Clowney will hit the FA market, iirc, SEA signed with the agreement they wouldn't tag him. SEA does have $50 ml to work with, but I don't see them spending half of it on Clowney. MIA looks like a potential landing spot if Clowney wants max money...the Dolphins have the cap cash and very likely to go with a rookie QB and maybe let Fitz run it one more year if need be. We shall see.

Shaq Barrett, I'm hearing is likely staying in Tampa...they also have the cap cash....after him Bud starts to look pretty good even at $16 mil. I like Quinn if the # is right. Vic Beasley is truly more suited for a 34 edge, but he's never going to be a strong run support guy to me. Has the athleticism to play in space and cover...he can get to the QB if you scheme him which you can do in a 34. For the difference in money saved, I like Bud's run def enough to pay the $16m over saving....say, $3 or 4 mil with Beasley. I don't see Beasley as a Steeler.

Fowler...never the same after the rookie injury imo. Take Bud. Mercilus would have to be much cheaper than $16 mil, playing with JJ and Clowney, he's never been a good Robin...Collins is interesting...I think he'd pick up the scheme fine, he's not really a flatout beat you guy either, but can follow a scheme and be effective....I don't feel like he's much more than a $6ml per player, but that might not be near enough.

Looking at the rest of your work here.

TE...ATL is going to let Hooper test the market, still enough interest there but ATL is tight like PIT with cap funds. Developed into a good blocker...imo the best two-way TE on the FA market, in a noted weak TE draft, I could see NE offering him a deal high enough that ATL would have to let him go.

WR...should've kept his damn mouth shut, but wouldn't Sanders be a good vet fit in PIT right now?
Had some time to burn back then and decided to make a list for future reference.

Edge... Essentially its boiling down to Collins, Fowler & Mercilus then. I don't know if I'm remembering this right, but didn't Fowler get injured his last season in college, then injured again his rookie year? That's a no go for me lol.

TE... As I see it, the top 3 draft prospects are Adam Trautman, Hunter Bryant & Brycen Hopkins. But the Steelers would have to invest that 2nd Rder on the position if they hoped to land one of those 3. I'd much rather go after a FA than let go of that 2nd Rd pick for a TE. Just my early thoughts.

WR... Indeed Sanders would be an ideal fit.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much to talk about yet I guess...fishing for something.
Colbert should have channeled some Bill Belichick there and responded with, "If you have any combine questions I'd be happy to answer them"

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had some time to burn back then and decided to make a list for future reference.

Edge... Essentially its boiling down to Collins, Fowler & Mercilus then. I don't know if I'm remembering this right, but didn't Fowler get injured his last season in college, then injured again his rookie year? That's a no go for me lol.

TE... As I see it, the top 3 draft prospects are Adam Trautman, Hunter Bryant & Brycen Hopkins. But the Steelers would have to invest that 2nd Rder on the position if they hoped to land one of those 3. I'd much rather go after a FA than let go of that 2nd Rd pick for a TE. Just my early thoughts.

IMO Fowler is looking for something probably just under Dupree assuming they were to land a long term deals...in other words probably not much of a savings from the Bud franchise tag...he's going to want $12-13ml per at least I would think. I would think the older vets Collins or Mercilus would be the best bet...I would take either of them with a $7 or 8ml type number, and maybe try talk to Ebron or even Sanders....I'm throwing out names here, but my point is two positions with the $16ml. I wouldn't take them just for the cap savings.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TE...Kmet seems to be the top guy or one of them...Trautman jump on a LOT of boards after the Sr. Bowl...with a solid combine, he's probably made himself a top 100 pick. Probably a 2nd rounder, but it depends how quickly they start to come off the board. NE imo is in a tough spot if they don't fix TE in FA with a Hooper....draft slots 23, 87, 115...in this draft that's like either the 1st TE off the board or maybe the 3rd or 4th at 87. With PIT...if they pass on TE at 2.49, the next shot is end of the 3rd rd comp pick, or 4.114

IDK if 49 is a reach in this draft, but if a starting caliber G is there, they have to take him...I'd love Trautman with the comp pick...I don't like him as much at 49.

Unless Colbert makes a move in the draft, the signs are really kind of pointing to the Steelers missing out on the top 3 or 4 prospects in this draft and ending up taking maybe the 4 or 5 guy off the board with 114 or 125.

McDonald probably shouldn't be too concerned.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TE...Kmet seems to be the top guy or one of them...Trautman jump on a LOT of boards after the Sr. Bowl...with a solid combine, he's probably made himself a top 100 pick. Probably a 2nd rounder, but it depends how quickly they start to come off the board. NE imo is in a tough spot if they don't fix TE in FA with a Hooper....draft slots 23, 87, 115...in this draft that's like either the 1st TE off the board or maybe the 3rd or 4th at 87. With PIT...if they pass on TE at 2.49, the next shot is end of the 3rd rd comp pick, or 4.114

IDK if 49 is a reach in this draft, but if a starting caliber G is there, they have to take him...I'd love Trautman with the comp pick...I don't like him as much at 49.

Unless Colbert makes a move in the draft, the signs are really kind of pointing to the Steelers missing out on the top 3 or 4 prospects in this draft and ending up taking maybe the 4 or 5 guy off the board with 114 or 125.

McDonald probably shouldn't be too concerned.
TE... I've seen Kmet's name a lot as well. Another name worth mentioning is the ND kid that's transitioning to TE, Chase Claypool. Kid is as physical as they come as a receiving threat. Not sure how well he fares in the trenches, but could be a name to watch for after the combine or as a draft sleeper.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS and anyone else interested in the draft

This is a pretty good scouting report of most of the positions the Steelers are likely to be targeting in the draft.

Steelers 2020 Big Board (Version 4.0, By Position) - Steelers Depot

While I wouldn't be shocked if PIT picked Trautman is he was one the board at 49...One sleeper I'd like to see in camp with a 6th or 7th rd pick is Charlie Woerner TE...from UGA...a willing and capable blocker, had a lot more upside as a receiver.

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS and anyone else interested in the draft

This is a pretty good scouting report of most of the positions the Steelers are likely to be targeting in the draft.

Steelers 2020 Big Board (Version 4.0, By Position) - Steelers Depot

While I wouldn't be shocked if PIT picked Trautman is he was one the board at 49...One sleeper I'd like to see in camp with a 6th or 7th rd pick is Charlie Woerner TE...from UGA...a willing and capable blocker, had a lot more upside as a receiver.
What an awesome read. Very well put together.

Thanks for sharing!

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the ravens are likely to
Move Hayden hurst, and it won't take much. I doubt they'd give to use though.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the ravens are likely to
Move Hayden hurst, and it won't take much. I doubt they'd give to use though.

Really? 2018, 1st round...that's big.

Very doubtful the Ravens would move him in DIV...especially PIT. I can see ATL calling them, no way they can keep Hooper.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? 2018, 1st round...that's big.

Very doubtful the Ravens would move him in DIV...especially PIT. I can see ATL calling them, no way they can keep Hooper.
yeah i saw the post on the redskins board, rumor is a late pick......your're right doubt they would in division........but.....I also think hooper is a product to an extent of some of the talent around him.........buyer beware

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah i saw the post on the redskins board, rumor is a late pick......your're right doubt they would in division........but.....I also think hooper is a product to an extent of some of the talent around him.........buyer beware

Hooper...I'd take him over McD (at McD's cap hit), he can beat LBs in man, good against zone, but he's not that top tier TE...so I agree, relative to this contract he's going to get...right place, right time for him to be a FA...he's not a $10mil per player.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hooper...I'd take him over McD (at McD's cap hit), he can beat LBs in man, good against zone, but he's not that top tier TE...so I agree, relative to this contract he's going to get...right place, right time for him to be a FA...he's not a $10mil per player.
yeah i would def take over vance, but the cap hit is big, vances cap hit almost isnt worth it this year...