• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Draft & FA

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow.

I am win now, win this year, do what you need to do, we alrady lsot hargrave, pieces like that or so much more vital to these truly dominant D's than people think. Theres good d, and great D. Great d last 1-3 years TOPS. So win now.

But im really talking myself into the idea of a FA QB. With the draft, and some young guys that teams like going to be drafted for sure, there just isnt enough room for all these guys. A talented young man like jameis really may not have a home........theres only so many qb spots available..........they are talking about it right now on ESPN , not pgh and jameis but just that theres gonna be guys without jobs.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Simms Forecasts Jameis Winston to the Steelers in Spite of Evidence

Keep seeing this. I just don't see how that would happen unless Winston took a bargain basement salary. And that's not to mention the fact that the Steelers have been very clear that they aren't looking to add to that group.
steelers are notoriously secretive. And yeah he would need a discount but look what's left, very few teams....... I'm actually hoping big time for this scenario. I know I'm the minority.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also the second and third tier tight ends aren't getting snagged and paid. We should be able to take our pick of some of these guys cheap.

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
steelers are notoriously secretive. And yeah he would need a discount but look what's left, very few teams....... I'm actually hoping big time for this scenario. I know I'm the minority.
Honestly, I'm big on adding pieces to win in the next 1-2 years. And this doesn't help a lot on the surface with that. But it could if Ben would go down again. And I gotta admit, and I know the man throws interceptions like candy at a parade, but I've always been a fan of Winston. If someone could rein him in a little... or maybe that just gets a little better as he matures. I don't know. Wouldn't mind it at all though.

But honestly, I put those chances of it happening pretty low.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So tight ends available....

In order of my preference

fells
Seth devalve
Ebron
Vannett
Seals jones

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So tight ends available....

In order of my preference

fells
Seth devalve
Ebron
Vannett
Seals jones
IMO, it's Ebron and that's it.

No one else that isn't an RFA I would consider an upgrade.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, it's Ebron and that's it.

No one else that isn't an RFA I would consider an upgrade.
I disagree for tight end 2. Devalve is very underrated. As blocker and receiver. Fells is a pure receiving options as is seals jones. Ebron actually I'm torn on. He has sucked horribly every year but two years ago.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I'm big on adding pieces to win in the next 1-2 years. And this doesn't help a lot on the surface with that. But it could if Ben would go down again. And I gotta admit, and I know the man throws interceptions like candy at a parade, but I've always been a fan of Winston. If someone could rein him in a little... or maybe that just gets a little better as he matures. I don't know. Wouldn't mind it at all though.

But honestly, I put those chances of it happening pretty low.

You can do worse than Winston @ qb...not the brainiest player but has the tools to be a winning QB in the league...his INT problem imo is in part due to his HC/OC.

Arians is a deep pattern OC...incl. Winston this yr, his QBs INT #s 32, 28, 26, 17, 8...2014 was the last yr his QB threw less than 17 INTs and Winston was the 1st yr in the system. Prior to that he was in the high teens for INTs. Arians' 1st read must be daring as hell...lol

Aside from retaining Finney, or Hilton, if they make a mid level FA move, I'm kinda hoping for vet TE that can catch...like a Charles Clay, to take some pressure off the WRs.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good moves so far.

Sad that Javon is moving on, but that contract may result in a 3rd round Comp next year.
Didn't even think of that comp pick for losing Javon... Great pickup there SB!

How the fuck did Dirty Red get $4.5mm a year from the Bills.

The new CBA fluffed up the salaries for the bottom tier guys... This is a direct result of it. Effectively doubled the league minimum for vets.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree for tight end 2. Devalve is very underrated. As blocker and receiver. Fells is a pure receiving options as is seals jones. Ebron actually I'm torn on. He has sucked horribly every year but two years ago.

Considering I was tempted by an old guy like Charles Clay...I could go with Fells or Devalve....lol.

Ebron in name value...he's tweener that never got to the next level...for the right price he could be a great complement to the WR corp....but as a big money feature pc...that ship has sailed imo.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering I was tempted by an old guy like Charles Clay...I could go with Fells or Devalve....lol.

Ebron in name value...he's tweener that never got to the next level...for the right price he could be a great complement to the WR corp....but as a big money feature pc...that ship has sailed imo.
Yep I agree.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I had them pegged around $21m in space BEFORE Ben restructured... So now they have around $31m?

But Dupree's tag will eat up half of that... so that's probably why they are reporting it as $15m

@SteelersPride

Exactly...inclusive of Dupree and McD they have roughly $15 mil avail after the restructures to Ben and Nelson....they could clear some more with a restructure to Heyward, but I'm not sure where they are with that. The tenders will probably come before that anyway. I don't think they will tender Banner...only Hilton and Finney (still no C after Pouncey).

They could look for TE2 if they have any spare change. I fully expect 49 to be a IOL or OT convert....we shall see.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But compared to Vannett? I don't see them as upgrades over what they already have (to resign) in house.

Remember Vannett was playing with two of the worst starters in the league last year.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally put Shazier's career out of it's misery.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But compared to Vannett? I don't see them as upgrades over what they already have (to resign) in house.

Remember Vannett was playing with two of the worst starters in the league last year.
Oh I agree, vannett as a blocker, if we want a receiver.....I don't think it's vannett regardless of qbs.

My personal preference and I think he can be had very cheap is Seth devalve