• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020-21 The Carter Hart Era PT2(The raising of the cup)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I agree, nice to have that much depth, I will not lie though, I'm worried about defensive injuries more this year lol. I wish we had a little better depth in this dept.

That's fair. I wish the defensive depth was a little better too. But Provorov, Sanheim, Myers, Ghost, Braun, Hagg, and Gustaffson are all no-doubt NHL players. Friedman probably is on at least 50% of the league. So that's 8 NHL-capable guys with a 9th in Zamula that I think could hack it.

Just really hoping some of those guys take major steps and become more than just NHL-capable guys. And some of the good ones become great ones.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lindblom Zamula and Patrick stock rising and Frost stock dropping

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lindblom Zamula and Patrick stock rising and Frost stock dropping

Tough to argue. Frost has an uphill climb to make the roster. He needs to blow someone away.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when Couts was so young he used to live with Briere and his family.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the tweeters today (O'Connor and Meltzer primarily)..

Lindblom-Couturier-Konecny
JvR-Patrick-Voracek
Morin-Laughton-NAK
Frost-Bunnaman-Allison

Provorov-Ghost
Sanheim-Myers
Hagg-Gustafsson
Zamula-Braun

*Giroux-Hayes-Farabee practicing wit the 'B' group today. Assumption is to get Frost-Bunnaman-Allison some time with the NHL-ers.

Also sounds like the plan is to practice PP today

PP1: Provorov, Giroux, TK, Couturier, Hayes
PP2: Sanheim, Gustfasson, JvR, Patrick, Voracek

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that Ghost stays with Provorov today, but doesn't get in the PP rotation. (All d-pairs the same actually. Really not much movement in the lines in general today)

Frost apparently splitting shifts between C and W. Better chance at the NHL on the wing at this point I think. But being able to do both would surely make him the 1st injury call up.

Morin getting spot duty for Raffl lines up with what you'd expect his role would be.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I don't really like the PP1 choices. Giroux and Hayes on the same unit is a little odd. And even though he had a number of goals last year on PP1, I think Sanheim, Gus, and Ghost are all better PP QBs than Provorov.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that Ghost stays with Provorov today, but doesn't get in the PP rotation. (All d-pairs the same actually. Really not much movement in the lines in general today)

Frost apparently splitting shifts between C and W. Better chance at the NHL on the wing at this point I think. But being able to do both would surely make him the 1st injury call up.

Morin getting spot duty for Raffl lines up with what you'd expect his role would be.
I think AV liked the pair of Myers and Sanheim so much last season that he doesnt want to split them up so that leaves either Ghost or Gus to play with Prov

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I don't really like the PP1 choices. Giroux and Hayes on the same unit is a little odd. And even though he had a number of goals last year on PP1, I think Sanheim, Gus, and Ghost are all better PP QBs than Provorov.

At this point it's important to know was DOESN"T work as well as what DOES work. With shortened schedule, there is not a lot of time to experiment with combinations in games that count.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PP1
Net: TK
Left Wall: Giroux
Slot: Hayes
Right Wall: Couturier
Point: Provorov/Ghost

PP2
Net: JvR
Left Wall: Farabee/Frost
Slot: Patrick
Right Wall: Voracek/Sanheim
Point: Gustafsson

Sounds like JvR, Patrick, Voracek, and Gus were mainstays on PP2. Farabee/Frost/Sanheim rotated. Presumably Voracek went to the Left Wall when Sanheim took reps.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that Frost got some PP time. Happy Ghost did as well.

TK's net front work was praised on twitter.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Speaking of net front.... was listening to SXM NHL network yesterday and a segment had Team USA Head Coach on. Not sure if it was live, or recorded... but was after USA won it. Announcer asked for 'unsung players' that didn't get press, but were instrumental in tourney. Coach immediately said their third line - and called out Brink's play around the net. Just sayin' Hopefully he turns into an NHLer

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of net front.... was listening to SXM NHL network yesterday and a segment had Team USA Head Coach on. Not sure if it was live, or recorded... but was after USA won it. Announcer asked for 'unsung players' that didn't get press, but were instrumental in tourney. Coach immediately said their third line - and called out Brink's play around the net. Just sayin' Hopefully he turns into an NHLer

Love to hear that. Always good when non-Flyers related people give them praise.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ghost not at practice today and ruled out for the simulated game tomorrow. Nothing further said “due to nhl regulations”

People saying he looked fine yesterday and after practice. And injuries have still been reported around the league. I’m guessing this is covid related somehow, or some type of family situation.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ghost not at practice today and ruled out for the simulated game tomorrow. Nothing further said “due to nhl regulations”

People saying he looked fine yesterday and after practice. And injuries have still been reported around the league. I’m guessing this is covid related somehow, or some type of family situation.
Wish the guy could catch a break and have a clean start to the season.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We need TK to play with a chip on his shoulder, he plays so much better when he has an edge to him. Glad he is working hard, we need his offense.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has NHL talent no doubt. He will be a bottom 6 player but its tough on the bottom 6 when you are tiny. He is a tough kid though. Not afraid at all.