• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020-21 The Carter Hart Era PT2(The raising of the cup)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he was scared of punishment when it was 3-0 but not with 1 minute left bin the game?? I dont understand his rationale

Just adding some context haha. I have no idea what any of the Flyers players are thinking these days. They do the opposite of what I think they're supposed to do at pretty much every turn.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody has to do something. It isn’t just about this year anymore. There’s no signs of righting this ship. You can’t let this go on for 2 months and expect to come back next year with anything worthwhile. It’s about long term damage control on your young players now.
So what do you do going forward? Unless there are immediate changes ( which there hasn't been, silent media today.) then it's just going to stay the same. Somebody in this org needs to have some accountability but so far I as a fan see none.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to chime in but Philly being locally televised in my area I see them all the time. While the D is horrendous my issue is with Giroux. As Captain he is. So non emotional it would frost my ass on a nightly basis.
Great player, but yea def never been a solid leader, maybe a reason he was snubbed in the Olympics. I always get the impression he is not vocal at all.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) AV brought his formula to the Flyers and it ain’t working.

2) this team has had a revolving door of coaches who have success elsewhere.

Options:

A) keep the players and be satisfied with spotty playoff appearances (no Cup remotely in sight)
B) Dump the aging core and sweep out the closet they’ve been occupying.

we’ll see what Fletcher chooses

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So what do you do going forward? Unless there are immediate changes ( which there hasn't been, silent media today.) then it's just going to stay the same. Somebody in this org needs to have some accountability but so far I as a fan see none.
It seems like a yearly occurrence. There are more than a few players on this team which has been plagued by these SAME kind of issues on their 4th coach now. We tried the retool method.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great player, but yea def never been a solid leader, maybe a reason he was snubbed in the Olympics. I always get the impression he is not vocal at all.
I think the fan base is tired of this yo-yo team. Not going to lose a single fan dumping Gee, Jake, Gus, Hayes The issue is - no one will take the first 3.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Options:

A) keep the players and be satisfied with spotty playoff appearances (no Cup remotely in sight)

I prefer B, unfortunately the expansion draft really throws a wrench into trying to accomplish this at the deadline.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer B, unfortunately the expansion draft really throws a wrench into trying to accomplish this at the deadline.
Protect the middle of the pack youngsters in the expansion draft and take your chances and hope my new team takes someone off of our hands.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Options:

Pleaase god let the answer be B.

Keep Hart Couts Farabee Prov and TK unless we can use him to get a star . Everyone else GTFOH!

This wont happen though as we would be trading everyone at their lowest value.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the fan base is tired of this yo-yo team. Not going to lose a single fan dumping Gee, Jake, Gus, Hayes The issue is - no one will take the first 3.
Gee and Jake have value out there and teams will for sure want them. The problem is they will try to steal them from us for nothing.

Gus on the other hand please just trade him for a broken stick.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he was scared of punishment when it was 3-0 but not with 1 minute left bin the game?? I dont understand his rationale
I saw Morin in a few skirmishes? I think he is trying I'd keep playing him on D at least he's big!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Morin in a few skirmishes? I think he is trying I'd keep playing him on D at least he's big!
He is a terrible defenseman and a terrible winger. The only reason he is playing with the big club is to be a protector and give energy to the team. If we ever needed energy it was when we were down 3-0 and he was no where to be found.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Michigan hockey had a positive COVID test and had to forfeit/withdraw from the tournament. So, let's see what happens with York!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Michigan hockey had a positive COVID test and had to forfeit/withdraw from the tournament. So, let's see what happens with York!
I say bring him up and give him some experience.

ND had a covid positive as well and dropped out

Right now Bemidgi st is playing Wisconsin on ESPN2

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might sound crazy to say this, but if this last game had been officiated properly and we had a little bit more confidence as a team, it could've actually been a close, competitive contest.

We've given the fucking Rangers so much confidence in just two games that they must feel invincible by now. Zibanejad is literally breaking records held by Gretzky.

On the flip side, I think there's a lack of confidence and trust everywhere with our roster. Some are trying to do too much, others not doing enough and the end result looks like a fucking disaster. Then, all of the bounces appear to go the way of the other team and it just snowballs.

I don't blame our goalies at all. We're constantly leaving opponents wide open in our slot or right around our net. Now our goalies are trying to do too much and it's burning them repeatedly.

This month of March has hit us like a category 6 hurricane and there's been zero time to practice or regroup. I mean, it has to get better because it can't possibly get worse, quite frankly.

We're going to learn a lot about this team on Saturday afternoon. The entire season rides on that one game, to me.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are so bad that Gritty held a news conference to say he is resigning from the Flyers and pulled out a picture of Giroux and lit it on fire.

We have really hit the bottom of the barrell

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are so bad that Gritty held a news conference to say he is resigning from the Flyers and pulled out a picture of Giroux and lit it on fire.

We have really hit the bottom of the barrell
Wonder if the Kraken are looking for a hairy, orange slightly deranged mascot.