• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020-21 The Carter Hart Era PT2(The raising of the cup)

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top islander in goals is 39th overall. Top islander in points is 66th overall. Top islander in +/- is 30th overall

it’s all about D for them. #1 in GA/GP

they’re doing it with teamwork, not stars.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top islander in goals is 39th overall. Top islander in points is 66th overall. Top islander in +/- is 30th overall

it’s all about D for them. #1 in GA/GP

they’re doing it with teamwork, not stars.
We should all be so lucky to have forwards that can play a 200 foot game.

FYI Barzal is a point per game player and is a star.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if there's a Flames/Flyers fit for a trade. Was listening to NHL radio and they were talking about how there's something not right out there too. Said they need forwards. Also read an article the other day that said they'd have a choice on their hands for the expansion draft with Giordano, Hanifin, Andersson, and Tanev on defense. Wonder if there's a fit with Andersson for one of the Flyers young-ish forwards as the center-piece. Or something with Tanev even.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if there's a Flames/Flyers fit for a trade. Was listening to NHL radio and they were talking about how there's something not right out there too. Said they need forwards. Also read an article the other day that said they'd have a choice on their hands for the expansion draft with Giordano, Hanifin, Andersson, and Tanev on defense. Wonder if there's a fit with Andersson for one of the Flyers young-ish forwards as the center-piece. Or something with Tanev even.
It would be nice to have a Giordano on our team or a Noah Hanifan to clear the crease area that always has opponents camped in there.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should all be so lucky to have forwards that can play a 200 foot game.

FYI Barzal is a point per game player and is a star.
25 pts / 35 games

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laczynski with a hat trick for the phantoms tonight. Two snipes from the circles, one short handed breakaway.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisdom also got 2-5-game for mauling some guy. Sounds like maybe the guy hacked him a bit and he dropped the gloves and started hammering him. Meltzer tweeted he’s been a marked man tonight, sounds like he’d had enough.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take Hanafin along with Monahan!:)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call him up let's get him playing.

Hell of a lot more confidence than the NHLers have these days.

Golfing instead of watching today. GL flyers..

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell of a lot more confidence than the NHLers have these days.

Golfing instead of watching today. GL flyers..
Good choice for use of time. I won’t be watching either. Maybe this board boycotting will wake them up.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Gotta say, the teams reaction to his goal made me feel good. Guy has had some bad breaks.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say, the teams reaction to his goal made me feel good. Guy has had some bad breaks.
Unfortunately it will probably be the brightest spot of his career. Another over hyped prospect that was done in by injuries. If he could overcome all his bad luck and secure a job in the NHL then that would be awesome, just don't see it panning out though.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just goes to show you how much those lopsided losses to the Rangers were just an aberration. One hot, confident team was taking one who had lost it's identity to the woodshed. Now we can build that identity back up and move on.

Shesterkin was extremely good in net for them and we still managed to somehow come away with a tight, regulation win. To manage that after having left Zibanejad wide open on the power play once again in the 1st period is pretty special. As they were alluding to on air, at what point do you just have a forward on each of our lines follow him around all over the fucking ice for his entire shift!? I mean, when a guy has 12 points in two games against you, don't you think you should do something drastic to stop him!?! Instead, Myers is covering nobody on that power play while Zibanejad is left wide open at the far post. It just truly fucking amazes me...Lol

I think we're asking far too much of our defensemen to front guys on the penalty kill and leave them essentially one on one with our goalie. Whenever the puck gets to them, they are going to score on us, especially if we can't block a cross-ice pass.

All of that said, yes, this was ultimately a beautiful moment for Sam Morin to get his first Nhl goal and game winner very late in the contest. Our guys earned that win, without question. So now let's see what it can lead to, because this sure as hell looks a lot like a moment during a season in which we can rally big time and regroup.

Edit: Don't get me started on the fucking referees again. Konecny literally got sucker punched in the face, which also drew blood, and nothing was called. Later, Myers caressed a guy's chin with his glove and got two minutes for roughing. There were many more examples, this was just the most egregious one.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, if we just start winning all of the time, this forum becomes obsolete. You guys prefer to just bitch and moan eh? Lol

Last edited: