• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020-21 The Carter Hart Era PT2(The raising of the cup)

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's get back to talking about potential trades. For those of you who want to blow this team up or make a big splash, you have to understand that doing so is extremely tricky for Chuck Fletcher when you factor in the upcoming expansion draft this summer.

1. Giroux and Hayes have to be protected because of their no-movement clauses.
2. You have to give to get and if we trade for a top pair defenseman that is more than a rental, then we also have to protect him, which may leave several forwards that we like exposed. I sure as hell wouldn't let the Kraken take Patrick off our hands and I'm sure they would gladly take him too.
3. At this point, trading our higher dollar players away is not really feasible. They're worth more to us than they are to anyone else. No competitive franchise can take on their cap hit anyway. We've made that bed and we have to sleep in it.

I swear some of you would have us dressing Couturier, Konecny, Farabee and a bunch of Phantoms at forward if you were the Flyers' GM...Lol

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
25 pts / 35 games
Barzal plays in that defensive system .If he played anywhere else he'd have 40 points except our team.

He would be the best offensive player on our team and we would be losing our minds about his skill.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey we won and beat the Rags Wooohhooooooo!!!

I have to say the boys diving on Morin made me feel good.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy cow i didnt realize Buffalo has lost 17 in a row.

We really need to make it 18 in a row.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately it will probably be the brightest spot of his career. Another over hyped prospect that was done in by injuries. If he could overcome all his bad luck and secure a job in the NHL then that would be awesome, just don't see it panning out though.
I gotta say this way the brightest spot of my season so far.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check the top 20 NHL centers.

Couts is 18 and Barzal is 19.

Check top 20 forwards you wont find JVR
Hey, remember me ? Not a JvR fan. Personal stats can be very misleading.

I've said this before..... there is no offensive player on the Flyers that strikes fear, or even mild concern on opposing teams. Seriously doubt any opponent game plan is centered around any stopping any particular Flyer or line combination. I would dearly love to have that player. OR, have, which we thought we had, a very balanced attack that was difficult to match up with across four lines.

No offensive threat matters a hill of beans unless we can consistently shut down on Defense.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy cow i didnt realize Buffalo has lost 17 in a row.

We really need to make it 18 in a row.

Just read a funny stat that if you bet $100 on NJ back on 2/25 and then kept putting your winnings on the Sabres opponent each night, you'd be up to $74,961.

The Flyers are definitely going to lose tonight. When there's an opportunity to look like a joke, the Flyers have been all over it this year.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awaz when do we bring up guys like Lacynski?

I'm ready now! Dude has looked great on the Phantoms. I haven't paid super close attention to how the roster sizes and taxi-squad rules work, but I would imagine he'd at least get a look if someone gets hurt up front. If not sooner.

I don't know that he's a major difference maker statistically, but the Flyers sure could use some of his young energy/confidence in the lineup.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's get back to talking about potential trades. For those of you who want to blow this team up or make a big splash, you have to understand that doing so is extremely tricky for Chuck Fletcher when you factor in the upcoming expansion draft this summer.

1. Giroux and Hayes have to be protected because of their no-movement clauses.
2. You have to give to get and if we trade for a top pair defenseman that is more than a rental, then we also have to protect him, which may leave several forwards that we like exposed. I sure as hell wouldn't let the Kraken take Patrick off our hands and I'm sure they would gladly take him too.
3. At this point, trading our higher dollar players away is not really feasible. They're worth more to us than they are to anyone else. No competitive franchise can take on their cap hit anyway. We've made that bed and we have to sleep in it.

I swear some of you would have us dressing Couturier, Konecny, Farabee and a bunch of Phantoms at forward if you were the Flyers' GM...Lol

Ellis, Klingberg, and Hamilton (if he gets to FA) seem to be the names linked to the Flyers as far as difference making top pair guys go. Ekholm doesn't seem to be the Flyers main target. My guess is because of how much it will take to acquire one of these guys, including what it does to the expansion draft. I think they want someone signed for a longer term. I also think they're pretty wedded to the idea of it being a RH guy.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read a funny stat that if you bet $100 on NJ back on 2/25 and then kept putting your winnings on the Sabres opponent each night, you'd be up to $74,961.

The Flyers are definitely going to lose tonight. When there's an opportunity to look like a joke, the Flyers have been all over it this year.
I refuse to believe we are that bad to lose to the Sabres. I know we haven't played great but we are an upper middle of the road team and must get 4 points in the next two games

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ready now! Dude has looked great on the Phantoms. I haven't paid super close attention to how the roster sizes and taxi-squad rules work, but I would imagine he'd at least get a look if someone gets hurt up front. If not sooner.

I don't know that he's a major difference maker statistically, but the Flyers sure could use some of his young energy/confidence in the lineup.
Im ready now as well and lord knows we do need some energy.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just saw this video of the Flyer's defense drills from a secret practice session:

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
S
I refuse to believe we are that bad to lose to the Sabres. I know we haven't played great but we are an upper middle of the road team and must get 4 points in the next two games
I would tend to agree with you, but after watching a rebuilding team smash us twice, I have my reservations.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im going with TK tonight as he had a feisty game against the Rags last game