• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020-21 The Carter Hart Era PT2(The raising of the cup)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also how close are York and Zumala to being on this squad? Could we start seeing their game this season. We all kept saying the other kids weren't ready yet but they got their call up anyways. Might as well see what their potential is.

It seems like people think York is pretty close. I think it was Meltzer that put something on twitter that was wondering if York would get some NHL time this year if Michigan didn't make the NCAA tournament and he opted to go pro. He could play with the Phantoms for a couple weeks and if it went well there, he might make his NHL debut. But Michigan made the tournament which could shorten that pro time to where he can't really get his feet wet with the Phantoms. But it seems like he might be in the running at training camp next season.

Zamula also seemed to be on that trajectory too. Most of what they said going into this season was that they just didn't think he was strong enough. A season with the Phantoms and a summer to bulk up should get him physically ready. So, I would think they'd at least be in the conversation. He did leave the Phantoms game last night with an injury, so we'll see what happens there.

It also sounds like they think Allison and Lacyznski are on the bubble too. Fletcher even mentioned in his press conference yesterday they finally got a couple guys healthy that could push from some NHL time down the stretch. Those two make sense. And from what I've read, they've started strong with the Phantoms.

The rub with all the guys listed here though, is that none are projected to be true impact, take over a game, type players. Maybe York. But the others are more middle of the lineup, good not great, type guys.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing wrong with a good surplus of RHD for this squad. Also my little fantasy of bringing players here includes a huge player movement. IMO as much as I love G and Jake, the core is just not doing it here. I think you could trade Ghost as part of a package deal for another dman(Savard) and then see what you can get for Gee and Jake. Also I agree, if you can shake Braun and free up that space it will help also. Not sold on Myers, but if we kept him maybe he could work on his game on a third pairing, see if he's at his ceiling or what. Lots of ifs.

I've said this a bunch of times, but I just don't see them getting better in the short term by moving G and Jake. I get wanting to move on from them, even if I disagree. But I don't think you're getting "win-now" type pieces by moving them. Rebuilding teams that have the cap space don't have a strong need for expensive veterans that will be retired by the time they're ready to compete. And teams that could use another weapon, don't have the cap space for G or Jake and don't want to give you anything that's going to hurt their chances (ie, NHL players).

So the most likely trades involving those guys are trades where the Flyers keep some of their cap hits, and get picks/prospects in return. Say what you will about them declining and not being the guys to lead them to a cup, but when the Flyers need a goal, G and Jake are the ones the coaches send out. TK has joined them in spurts. Farabee, Lindblom, JvR, in spurts. But none of those young guys have really stepped up. Maybe G and Jake don't pay off often enough for you, but I don't think there's anyone on the roster that's shown they can deliver at a higher clip. And if other teams want you to keep some of their salary and only want to give you picks and prospects, you don't have the cap space to really replace them. You could go crazy wheeling and dealing, but 1. that doesn't happen in the NHL for whatever reason so I wouldn't get your hopes up; and 2. if you're eating cap space to move your expensive guys, when you come out the other side you're not going to have 100% of the cap space to build a contender.

That's just not a great recipe for contention in the near future. I think if you're looking at moving G and Jake (and JvR), it only makes sense to blow it up down to the bones and spend some time in the NHL basement and start this whole draft/develop thing over again. I personally, REALLY don't want to do that. So I really hope Fletcher can take some of this draft/prospect capital, and young NHL-ers if necessary, and turn it into difference-making NHL help. And I think the Flyers have the makings of an NHL contender, they just need to move a couple pieces around.

And they need to not play like shit.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said this a bunch of times, but I just don't see them getting better in the short term by moving G and Jake. I get wanting to move on from them, even if I disagree. But I don't think you're getting "win-now" type pieces by moving them. Rebuilding teams that have the cap space don't have a strong need for expensive veterans that will be retired by the time they're ready to compete. And teams that could use another weapon, don't have the cap space for G or Jake and don't want to give you anything that's going to hurt their chances (ie, NHL players).

So the most likely trades involving those guys are trades where the Flyers keep some of their cap hits, and get picks/prospects in return. Say what you will about them declining and not being the guys to lead them to a cup, but when the Flyers need a goal, G and Jake are the ones the coaches send out. TK has joined them in spurts. Farabee, Lindblom, JvR, in spurts. But none of those young guys have really stepped up. Maybe G and Jake don't pay off often enough for you, but I don't think there's anyone on the roster that's shown they can deliver at a higher clip. And if other teams want you to keep some of their salary and only want to give you picks and prospects, you don't have the cap space to really replace them. You could go crazy wheeling and dealing, but 1. that doesn't happen in the NHL for whatever reason so I wouldn't get your hopes up; and 2. if you're eating cap space to move your expensive guys, when you come out the other side you're not going to have 100% of the cap space to build a contender.

That's just not a great recipe for contention in the near future. I think if you're looking at moving G and Jake (and JvR), it only makes sense to blow it up down to the bones and spend some time in the NHL basement and start this whole draft/develop thing over again. I personally, REALLY don't want to do that. So I really hope Fletcher can take some of this draft/prospect capital, and young NHL-ers if necessary, and turn it into difference-making NHL help. And I think the Flyers have the makings of an NHL contender, they just need to move a couple pieces around.

And they need to not play like shit.
If we dont blow it up we will just stay middle of the road to upper middle like we have been doing for years. Its time to get out of that mind set and start building an actual cup contender.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like people think York is pretty close. I think it was Meltzer that put something on twitter that was wondering if York would get some NHL time this year if Michigan didn't make the NCAA tournament and he opted to go pro. He could play with the Phantoms for a couple weeks and if it went well there, he might make his NHL debut. But Michigan made the tournament which could shorten that pro time to where he can't really get his feet wet with the Phantoms. But it seems like he might be in the running at training camp next season.

Zamula also seemed to be on that trajectory too. Most of what they said going into this season was that they just didn't think he was strong enough. A season with the Phantoms and a summer to bulk up should get him physically ready. So, I would think they'd at least be in the conversation. He did leave the Phantoms game last night with an injury, so we'll see what happens there.
It also sounds like they think Allison and Lacyznski are on the bubble too. Fletcher even mentioned in his press conference yesterday they finally got a couple guys healthy that could push from some NHL time down the stretch. Those two make sense. And from what I've read, they've started strong with the Phantoms.

The rub with all the guys listed here though, is that none are projected to be true impact, take over a game, type players. Maybe York. But the others are more middle of the lineup, good not great, type guys.
York is ready he is very good at all aspects of the game. Zamula i havent seen him in a while but last i saw he needed to get bigger. Zamula has a Sanheim type body just thinner. I think they can both be solid defenseman for us going forward.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we dont blow it up we will just stay middle of the road to upper middle like we have been doing for years. Its time to get out of that mind set and start building an actual cup contender.

Just my opinion, but I don't think we've given this rebuild/retool enough of a chance yet.

Sanheim - 24
Provorov - 24
Patrick - 22
Myers - 24
Lindblom - 24
Konecny - 23
Hart - 22
Farabee - 20

That's the core of this rebuild. If you've lost faith in that group, I get wanting to blow it up. But if you're blowing it up, Couturier (28) should go too or we're doing the exact same thing Hextall did with a 27 year old Giroux. Never truly bottoming out.

And there's always a risk of turning into Buffalo or Edmonton and going 10-15 years without putting even a decent team on the ice.

I'm willing to go a couple more years tinkering with this group and the prospect pool we have to see if you can't get the right mix to go on a run.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Morin is in tonight. Called up from the taxi-squad now. Gus out.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my opinion, but I don't think we've given this rebuild/retool enough of a chance yet.

Sanheim - 24
Provorov - 24
Patrick - 22
Myers - 24
Lindblom - 24
Konecny - 23
Hart - 22
Farabee - 20

That's the core of this rebuild. If you've lost faith in that group, I get wanting to blow it up. But if you're blowing it up, Couturier (28) should go too or we're doing the exact same thing Hextall did with a 27 year old Giroux. Never truly bottoming out.

And there's always a risk of turning into Buffalo or Edmonton and going 10-15 years without putting even a decent team on the ice.

I'm willing to go a couple more years tinkering with this group and the prospect pool we have to see if you can't get the right mix to go on a run.
Not one of these players has superstar potential. They are all middle of the road to upper middle of the road players . We need two to three superstars. None of these players will ever approach a top 50 player except maybe Farabee he could approach top 50.

I disagree with Couts is a better all around player right now and is IMO a better leader than Giroux was at 27. Just as Gee was a top 50 player when he was 27 and we should've kept him and did we should do the same with Couts as he is a top 50 player.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sanheim - 24
Provorov - 24
Patrick - 22
Myers - 24
Lindblom - 24
Konecny - 23
Hart - 22
Farabee - 20

Farabee is already one of our best players at age 20. Continue to bring in the youngsters, it will pay huge dividends soon. I haven't lost faith in any of these kids, ultimately.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sanheim - 24
Provorov - 24
Patrick - 22
Myers - 24
Lindblom - 24
Konecny - 23
Hart - 22
Farabee - 20

Not to mention i have made several posts stating to keep Couts Farabee Hart Prov and TK unless he can turn into Gaufreau and everyone else can go.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah yes. The familiar 3-0 first period deficit and not a hint of action from AV.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s just impressive. Team beats you 9-0 and jumps out to a 3 goal lead in the next game. You come back out after the intermission where you should be full of piss and vinegar and you promptly give up 3 goals in 3 minutes.

This isn’t on AV, but you absolutely have to fire him tonight. It’s the only card you can play to indicate that you give even an ounce of shit about this franchise.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah yes. The familiar 3-0 first period deficit and not a hint of action from AV.
5-0. The Rags have scored on four power plays already, lmao. Hart is shot. The team may not win again until we face Buffalo.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s just impressive. Team beats you 9-0 and jumps out to a 3 goal lead in the next game. You come back out after the intermission where you should be full of piss and vinegar and you promptly give up 3 goals in 3 minutes.

This isn’t on AV, but you absolutely have to fire him tonight.
there has to be something going on internally that's causing this disaster, no?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5-0. The Rags have scored on four power plays already, lmao. Hart is shot. The team may not win again until we face Buffalo.

I don’t know that I can say for certain the Flyers are playing any better than the Sabres really.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fletcher seemed to indicate that they’re just a mess mentally right now. No confidence. No breaks. No practices. COVID killing any hopes for a distraction. Just getting boat raced, rinse, repeat.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This isn’t on AV, but you absolutely have to fire him tonight. It’s the only card you can play to indicate that you give even an ounce of shit about this franchise.
It won't happen, the whole coaching staff needs to go. Gonna be very interesting what Fletcher does. If he does nothing then he needs to be replaced also. This is happening on his watch.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fletcher seemed to indicate that they’re just a mess mentally right now. No confidence. No breaks. No practices. COVID killing any hopes for a distraction. Just getting boat raced, rinse, repeat.
No professional team should be this consistently bad, the must have caught a severe case of the Sabres, or they just decided to tank for a high draft pick lol.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What though? You don't start off hot and then just fall to pieces, a bad game here and there and you right the ship, right now we're the freakin Titanic!