• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020-21 The Carter Hart Era PT2(The raising of the cup)

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

20 Years Ago today.

And this is no kidding.... when I was a kid.. maybe 12/13 years old, I hit a bird with a golf shot that had a similar outcome for the bird. It was my first ever birdie.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fletcher press conference notes, summarized from the Twitter summaries.

He believes in the kids and the talent on this team. It’s just not gelling like it should. Something about the mix is clearly wrong and needs to be addressed. Everyone shares in the blame from the GM to the coaching staff to the players.
At least he's taking some responsibility now do something about it without sacrificing the future.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t understand what’s going on with TK this year. He’s invisible 9 games out of 10. That whole line, TK-Hayes-Laughton has been useless for a while. Hayes is only visible because he’s been bad. TK and Laughton could pass for healthy scratches if you aren’t paying closing attention.

Which is crazy to me. Both guys normally bring good energy and pop, but lately they’re just zombies.
Tk is shooting some but it doesn't look like he is going to the net as much. Hopefully not a nagging injury that we find about after the season. I am still in disbelief how Hayes shot wide on a breakaway. Everyone looks like they are just going through the motions. Not a lack of talent, but they are playing like they are hitting a giant bong before the game.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tk is shooting some but it doesn't look like he is going to the net as much. Hopefully not a nagging injury that we find about after the season. I am still in disbelief how Hayes shot wide on a breakaway. Everyone looks like they are just going through the motions. Not a lack of talent, but they are playing like they are hitting a giant bong before the game.

Yep agreed and TK can't seem to hit the net. I see him shooting but missing or hitting iron. Lindblom looked to be in a coma but seems to be snapping out of it which is nice to see. It's like when a few go cold they all decide to go cold this is why they are so up and down.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we were ever gonna snap out of this funk we need to do it these next two games!!!!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awaz, there is an article in the Athletic titled Hard truth is the Flyers dont deserve to be aggresssive deadline buyers.

Could you post what the gist of what that article is trying to say.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awaz, there is an article in the Athletic titled Hard truth is the Flyers dont deserve to be aggresssive deadline buyers.

Could you post what the gist of what that article is trying to say.

It's a lot of what we've been saying here. That this team, the way it's playing, doesn't deserve to be buyers. They don't even have a full game in the past 2 weeks that you can point to and say "see, this team can dominate when it puts it all together". Their best games were either the 2-1 L to the isles where Sorokin played well. So, still a loss. Or the 4-3 win against the Isles where they almost blew a 3 goal lead.

Then he mentioned Fletcher doesn't typically sit out deadlines. Talked a bit about the Ellis thoughts from Friedman and how good a fit Ellis could be moving forward. Then about potentially moving a later round pick for a bottom pair rental. Essentially saying that stock piling draft picks doesn't really do anything for this team because they have more prospects than good NHL players. Wouldn't hurt to add an NHL rental for a later round pick, just in case the team does catch fire. Basically no risk.

Also said the stated price for Ekholm right now is a 1st, elite prospect, and a 3rd piece. So something like 1st rounder, York, and a 3rd piece. For the Flyers to pay that price, plus what it would take to navigate the expansion draft afterwards, the Flyers would have to feel like they had a good chance at winning the cup. Otherwise the price is too steep.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a lot of what we've been saying here. That this team, the way it's playing, doesn't deserve to be buyers. They don't even have a full game in the past 2 weeks that you can point to and say "see, this team can dominate when it puts it all together". Their best games were either the 2-1 L to the isles where Sorokin played well. So, still a loss. Or the 4-3 win against the Isles where they almost blew a 3 goal lead.

Then he mentioned Fletcher doesn't typically sit out deadlines. Talked a bit about the Ellis thoughts from Friedman and how good a fit Ellis could be moving forward. Then about potentially moving a later round pick for a bottom pair rental. Essentially saying that stock piling draft picks doesn't really do anything for this team because they have more prospects than good NHL players. Wouldn't hurt to add an NHL rental for a later round pick, just in case the team does catch fire. Basically no risk.

Also said the stated price for Ekholm right now is a 1st, elite prospect, and a 3rd piece. So something like 1st rounder, York, and a 3rd piece. For the Flyers to pay that price, plus what it would take to navigate the expansion draft afterwards, the Flyers would have to feel like they had a good chance at winning the cup. Otherwise the price is too steep.
Thanks!

I like the Ellis move a lot more that the Eckholm move just for the fact that he is under contract for years to come.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks!

I like the Ellis move a lot more that the Eckholm move just for the fact that he is under contract for years to come.

I do too. Ellis doesn't bring the same physical presence that Ekholm does. But 6 years at 6.25M for a legit top pair RHD is great business. Solidifies your top pair for the foreseeable future.

He'll be expensive, but I think he'd be worth it.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hart starts tonight. Sounds like there could be some changes on defense. Morin called up at least to the taxi-squad.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hart starts tonight. Sounds like there could be some changes on defense. Morin called up at least to the taxi-squad.
Maybe they'll try a little more physical approach tonight. What do they stand to lose at this point.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks!

I do too. Ellis doesn't bring the same physical presence that Ekholm does. But 6 years at 6.25M for a legit top pair RHD is great business. Solidifies your top pair for the foreseeable future.

He'll be expensive, but I think he'd be worth it.
Agree 100%, Ekholm does nothing for us to pay that price for. If we can get Ellis, then try for a Savard type player to help with our 2nd pairing. Would like to see a better player if possible, but I'll take solid for now.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree 100%, Ekholm does nothing for us to pay that price for. If we can get Ellis, then try for a Savard type player to help with our 2nd pairing. Would like to see a better player if possible, but I'll take solid for now.
Agree We need to to something/anything we cant just keep this course. A lot more than just one move needs to happen

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like Savard and I think they could definitely use his style of play. Particularly if they've already added Ellis to be the top pair guy. But they pretty quickly go to a surplus of RHD with Ellis and Savard. I don't know how moveable Braun is, and regardless of his terrible play lately, I'm not ready to give up on Myers. If you can move Braun to make room from Savard, I'm for it. But only if you can move Braun.

If they were to add Ellis without moving/losing a d-man currently on the roster, you'd have:

Provorov-Ellis
Sanhiem-Braun/Myers
Ghost/Hagg-Braun/Myers

The next spot to upgrade would be the Ghost/Hagg spot I think, on the left side. But that could be a York/Zamula spot too. But you'd be relying on Myers to take the next step too. I dno, maybe you do try to actively pursue moving Braun to clear a spot for Savard.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Savard and I think they could definitely use his style of play. Particularly if they've already added Ellis to be the top pair guy. But they pretty quickly go to a surplus of RHD with Ellis and Savard. I don't know how moveable Braun is, and regardless of his terrible play lately, I'm not ready to give up on Myers. If you can move Braun to make room from Savard, I'm for it. But only if you can move Braun.

If they were to add Ellis without moving/losing a d-man currently on the roster, you'd have:

Provorov-Ellis
Sanhiem-Braun/Myers
Ghost/Hagg-Braun/Myers

The next spot to upgrade would be the Ghost/Hagg spot I think, on the left side. But that could be a York/Zamula spot too. But you'd be relying on Myers to take the next step too. I dno, maybe you do try to actively pursue moving Braun to clear a spot for Savard.
Nothing wrong with a good surplus of RHD for this squad. Also my little fantasy of bringing players here includes a huge player movement. IMO as much as I love G and Jake, the core is just not doing it here. I think you could trade Ghost as part of a package deal for another dman(Savard) and then see what you can get for Gee and Jake. Also I agree, if you can shake Braun and free up that space it will help also. Not sold on Myers, but if we kept him maybe he could work on his game on a third pairing, see if he's at his ceiling or what. Lots of ifs.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also how close are York and Zumala to being on this squad? Could we start seeing their game this season. We all kept saying the other kids weren't ready yet but they got their call up anyways. Might as well see what their potential is.