• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020-21 The Carter Hart Era PT2(The raising of the cup)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes loved him but they need more unfortunately. Like I said before the Jets lost everyone last year and had to pillage the waiver wire all season and weren't this bad. Flyers could retool quickly if they make the right moves. I'm just not sure if I trust Fletcher. Yeo should be terminated immediately as he sure isn't helping the cause back there.
I dont see a quick retool of this team. This will be a 4-7 year process.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there will be some big questions that need to be answered once the season ends. At the very least, who stays and who goes? Coaching staff? What !to address at the draft?
Keep Couts Farabee Hart and Prov. Everyone else GTFOH!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AV and the coaching staff have lost this team. Call it breaking their spirit, call it whatever you want.

"Management or ownership would be derelict not to review the situation following the end of this season that continued with (Tuesday's loss) marked by the depleted, demoralized team’s fourth straight loss and seventh in the past eight games, all in regulation. But there are questions about longer-term viability of retaining a coach who has not yet won it all, and they are amplified when a team backslides. the team has not seemed responsive for long stretches at a time to Vigneault’s particular style, which might work best with a veteran team dotted with strong leaders. There is also reason to question whether Vigneault is the right man to trust with the development of a very young team, given his tendencies to practice tough love on kids while according the benefit of the doubt to veterans, even those who are marginal NHLers. The play in the defensive zone has been chaotic in concert with a deterioration of talent. But Vigneault has not seemed to adapt his on-ice system to his personnel.

Plus, there must be an inspection of whether Vigneault’s undying belief in whistle-to-whistle, turn-the-other-cheek hockey has created a passive mentality. When Chris Kreider stood up for McDonagh after the captain was run from behind by Steven Stamkos in Tampa Bay in Game 6 of the 2015 conference finals, No. 20 was rebuked by the coach for picking up an additional two minutes. When Brendan Smith stood up for Tony DeAngelo in an imbroglio in L.A. with Trevor Lewis on Jan. 21, he was chastised for picking up a bad penalty." ----

This was from a 2018 article in the NY POST.
I have heard the same story for the last 6 coaches. Its not the coaches. We have had all different types of coaches task masters, easy going, fundamentalists, veterans, rookies, offensive and defensive and nothing has worked.

We even tried changing the GM a few times as well as special teams coaches plenty of times.

This is squarely on the players and specifically our veteran core players.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the few games I watched start to finish.

1. I am so tired of watching lazy plays. Other teams make crisp passes to get out of the zone while we try a soft little flutter pass. This is a total lack of effort and has nothing to do with skill;

2. How many times do our forwards get caught looking at the puck while the player they are responsible for skates right by them. I think it was the 4th goal where they showed 4 players all watching the puck;

3. Hayes shots wide on a short handed break away;

4. Someone else said it. Not playing as a team. One guy, usually Farabee or Jake makes a great individual effort only to be triple teamed with no support;

5. I can't believe I am going to say this, but put Braun with Provy. At least he has an idea how to defend; and

6. Keep Couts, Farabee, Provy, TK and Hart. No fire sale, but for the right price, everyone else is expendable.
I agree with this 100%!!

Number 4 has been going on for years just interchange the names of players with anyone in any game of any of the last 7 or 8 years

#6 Is a great idea and must be done ASAP!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We wont be sliding into the playoffs as Boston has 3 games in hand on us and they play 7 more games against Buffalo.
It wouldn't shock me if they caught the penqueens. This of course is if they make a move for one dman this season. Not a rental more of a long term hockey trade. Either way it's a long shot but possible as we've seen this team heat up in the recent past.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see a quick retool of this team. This will be a 4-7 year process.
I would still like to believe that if they can fix the D they can rebound quickly. They have talent. It just depends on how much it takes from the offense to do it. Keep in mind that I'm an optimist haha!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would still like to believe that if they can fix the D they can rebound quickly. They have talent. It just depends on how much it takes from the offense to do it. Keep in mind that I'm an optimist haha!
Ha i do know that you are very optimistic.

I just call as i see it being that i watch every game and just dont see us having the talent to go past an upper middle of the road team with this roster.

But hey you do you.:D

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. We have a #1 defender in Provy, maybe a 2nd pairing guy in Sanheim and a bunch of decent 3rd pairing guys. Unfortunately, Myers looked like a 2nd pairing guy last year but has got to get his head in the game to be more than a 3. Get one guy that can play with Provy, and there is some balance for all three pairings.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. We have a #1 defender in Provy, maybe a 2nd pairing guy in Sanheim and a bunch of decent 3rd pairing guys. Unfortunately, Myers looked like a 2nd pairing guy last year but has got to get his head in the game to be more than a 3. Get one guy that can play with Provy, and there is some balance for all three pairings.

I think they have enough talent to be a contender by shifting some stuff around. Obviously they need someone on the back end. If not two someones.

And I think they need someone upfront that says “screw this, I’m taking the puck to the net”. In the top 6. Maybe they have a guy that can be that on the roster already and he just needs to step up. But they need someone to be that guy.

But I think a couple smart moves can get this train back on track. I just hope Fletcher can do it.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then there is this how many times have we seen the Flyers receiving bias from the refs? Sure happens a lot cross state because they have stars... No we weren't imagining this with bettmans pets over there.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha i do know that you are very optimistic.

I just call as i see it being that i watch every game and just dont see us having the talent to go past an upper middle of the road team with this roster.

But hey you do you.:D
Naw as soon as the Boston fiasco I knew they were done for. Couldn't stop one line team that was injured you aren't getting out of the first round. But they should at least make the playoffs they showed last year that they had enough talent. This season is a comedy of errors starting with the off-season signings.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they have enough talent to be a contender by shifting some stuff around. Obviously they need someone on the back end. If not two someones.

And I think they need someone upfront that says “screw this, I’m taking the puck to the net”. In the top 6. Maybe they have a guy that can be that on the roster already and he just needs to step up. But they need someone to be that guy.

But I think a couple smart moves can get this train back on track. I just hope Fletcher can do it.
Farabee seems to be the only one who pulls the trigger these days. TK does it some but not as much of last year. Josh Manson shoots R, is on an expiring contract and will hit people. Would be nice to see someone actually try to clear traffic in front of the goalies. He isn't a top pairing guy, but would improve the backend for not a whole lot.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is describing the team we had last season and we finished as per usual upper middle of the road.

We need to do a lot more with our offense playing an all around game to be cup contenders and this offense just doesn't play that type of hockey.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is describing the team we had last season and we finished as per usual upper middle of the road.

We need to do a lot more with our offense playing an all around game to be cup contenders and this offense just doesn't play that type of hockey.
I am suggesting this has to be the first step. We are going nowhere without addressing this.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Farabee seems to be the only one who pulls the trigger these days. TK does it some but not as much of last year. Josh Manson shoots R, is on an expiring contract and will hit people. Would be nice to see someone actually try to clear traffic in front of the goalies. He isn't a top pairing guy, but would improve the backend for not a whole lot.

I don’t understand what’s going on with TK this year. He’s invisible 9 games out of 10. That whole line, TK-Hayes-Laughton has been useless for a while. Hayes is only visible because he’s been bad. TK and Laughton could pass for healthy scratches if you aren’t paying closing attention.

Which is crazy to me. Both guys normally bring good energy and pop, but lately they’re just zombies.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fletcher press conference notes, summarized from the Twitter summaries.

He believes in the kids and the talent on this team. It’s just not gelling like it should. Something about the mix is clearly wrong and needs to be addressed. Everyone shares in the blame from the GM to the coaching staff to the players.