• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020-21 The Carter Hart Era PT2(The raising of the cup)

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hart should be put on the shelf. Not all his fault, but he's not stealing games either. Getting blasted by the lowly Devils is bad. It's time for the tanking?
I was hoping one good dman could solve the issues but unfortunately it's not the case. It's worse than I thought. This is why Philly should be sellers. Don't get me wrong if they can solve the D issue even partially this year do it. If they need to use some of the vets use them as they won't help anything this year they are done for. Devs look twice as good as them and they are rebuilding they won't be doing anything even if they slid into the playoffs with a miracle. End the charade and take advantage of some desperate contenders.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So even if we trade for Ellis, he is out for the rest of this season, so I think he can be got for a decent price, coming off an injury/surgery and the Preds will probably start to rebuild some too. Hope we can work out something where we don't get raped! That's just a small piece though, your still gonna need another top end Dman IMO, then what happens with Myers and Hagg, these guys are def not cut out for the NHL, lots of decisions to be made, hope Fletcher makes the right ones. Also let's not forget a couple of these coaches need a new place to call home too.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So even if we trade for Ellis, he is out for the rest of this season, so I think he can be got for a decent price, coming off an injury/surgery and the Preds will probably start to rebuild some too. Hope we can work out something where we don't get raped! That's just a small piece though, your still gonna need another top end Dman IMO, then what happens with Myers and Hagg, these guys are def not cut out for the NHL, lots of decisions to be made, hope Fletcher makes the right ones. Also let's not forget a couple of these coaches need a new place to call home too.
The problem we have with Sanheim and Myers is they need to bulk up into their frames. Fuck, they are getting pushed around like a bunch of pre wees.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping one good dman could solve the issues but unfortunately it's not the case. It's worse than I thought. This is why Philly should be sellers. Don't get me wrong if they can solve the D issue even partially this year do it. If they need to use some of the vets use them as they won't help anything this year they are done for. Devs look twice as good as them and they are rebuilding they won't be doing anything even if they slid into the playoffs with a miracle. End the charade and take advantage of some desperate contenders.
There's 21 guys on the ice and their all doing their own thing, there isn't a coach worth his salt who let's this go on under their watch. At this point might as well bench 95% of the team and call up the Phantoms.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem we have with Sanheim and Myers is they need to bulk up into their frames. Fuck, they are getting pushed around like a bunch of pre wees.
Sandheim may be able to overcome his woes, I honestly don't see Myers getting any better. I mean they sat him out and explained it to him and yet....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the preds are retooling they won't want the players Philly wants to deal. They should be moving the vets and snagging some young up and comers who are close. I guess Ellis wouldn't be bad as one solid addition on D but I'd be going for another young dman already playing with upside. Some team that needs a JVR or Jake and would make the move. Can't think of anyone now but I'm sure there are a few options. All of a sudden next year the D corp is a lot better.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's 21 guys on the ice and their all doing their own thing, there isn't a coach worth his salt who let's this go on under their watch. At this point might as well bench 95% of the team and call up the Phantoms.
Ya I said that a few weeks ago this is nothing new. They are flat out garbage. I didn't realize that Gus would be this bad and that Sanheim and Myers would fall apart. I wouldn't give up on the latter they could bounce back worst case 3rd pairing but they need two more for sure.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish we can bring Pronger out of retirement. I miss that type of defenseman.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish we can bring Pronger out of retirement. I miss that type of defenseman.
Yes loved him but they need more unfortunately. Like I said before the Jets lost everyone last year and had to pillage the waiver wire all season and weren't this bad. Flyers could retool quickly if they make the right moves. I'm just not sure if I trust Fletcher. Yeo should be terminated immediately as he sure isn't helping the cause back there.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
slapshot GIF

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what hurts is that this team was trending up young and getting better. Then boom lose a dman and fall completely apart. If it were only one or two dman but they all stink except for Provy. Even Hagg is worse he was at least servicable last year. Could the coaching be that bad?

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what hurts is that this team was trending up young and getting better. Then boom lose a dman and fall completely apart. If it were only one or two dman but they all stink except for Provy. Even Hagg is worse he was at least servicable last year. Could the coaching be that bad?
there will be some big questions that need to be answered once the season ends. At the very least, who stays and who goes? Coaching staff? What !to address at the draft?

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there will be some big questions that need to be answered once the season ends. At the very least, who stays and who goes? Coaching staff? What !to address at the draft?
The trade deadline will give us a good indication of what the future is for this squad. All BS aside, there is some good talent here, just not on the backend, it's not just losing Nisky, there's a ton more to it than that. Nisky was solid but in no way was he that giant of the puzzle piece. A team that was trending upward should not be regressing to the point this team is. There is absolutely zero leadership on or off the ice and that's where it needs to start.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I have no idea how I can continue to watch this? I wonder how awaz and Mav can sit through this?

Ha. Definitely frustrated as well. I watched the 2nd and 3rd tonight. 3rd from the exercise bike to take out some frustration :)

The frustrating thing to me is so many of these players have shown they can play so much better than this. Hart. Sanheim. Myers. Provorov. Hayes. TK. Elliot. They could barely complete a pass for long stretches of the game tonight. It’s like watching a hippo imitate a gazelle out there. Passes that are a good 10 feet away from the intended target. Or passes to literally nobody. Flat out whiffing on passes that are right to them. And I’ll give the next flyer that picks a puck out of his skates cleanly my life savings. There are loads of guys playing junior hockey that look more graceful handling the puck than the flyers right now.

I mean honestly, on the Devils third goal, what is going through Myers’ head? He has the puck against the boards, on his forehand. Yes, he’s lightly pressured. But he stops, turns into the boards, puts the puck on his backhand, and tries to pass it through Zajac. And I don’t even think Gus was even back there to receive it. And he sure as hell wasn’t going to be expecting it because why the hell would Myers make that play!? Just chip it off the glass and out dude. Or rifle it into the sternum of the devil that’s in front of you. You were in your forehand! Don’t lay it out there on a silver platter with a wimpy backhand for the devils to go tic tac toe.

That’s what drives me nuts. It’s not a lack of urgency. It’s not being soft. It’s just flat out stupid. They have instances of the former, but you’re going to have games like tonight where your gassed. Play a simple, SMART game and you still beat an inferior opponent with relative ease. But instead they make a million mental errors, fall behind early, and then they don’t have it in them to come back again. The falling behind early shit has got to stop. No team, no leader, no veteran, no super star, no all star team, can have a good season when you have to come back from 2 and 3 goal deficits night in and night out. It’s just not humanly possible to dig deep like that every game.

Coming out flat is on the leadership and the coaches. But I don’t blame the stupidity of individuals on the leadership or even the coaches. And that’s gotta get better before the flyers can even think about turning this around.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha. Definitely frustrated as well. I watched the 2nd and 3rd tonight. 3rd from the exercise bike to take out some frustration :)

The frustrating thing to me is so many of these players have shown they can play so much better than this. Hart. Sanheim. Myers. Provorov. Hayes. TK. Elliot. They could barely complete a pass for long stretches of the game tonight. It’s like watching a hippo imitate a gazelle out there. Passes that are a good 10 feet away from the intended target. Or passes to literally nobody. Flat out whiffing on passes that are right to them. And I’ll give the next flyer that picks a puck out of his skates cleanly my life savings. There are loads of guys playing junior hockey that look more graceful handling the puck than the flyers right now.

I mean honestly, on the Devils third goal, what is going through Myers’ head? He has the puck against the boards, on his forehand. Yes, he’s lightly pressured. But he stops, turns into the boards, puts the puck on his backhand, and tries to pass it through Zajac. And I don’t even think Gus was even back there to receive it. And he sure as hell wasn’t going to be expecting it because why the hell would Myers make that play!? Just chip it off the glass and out dude. Or rifle it into the sternum of the devil that’s in front of you. You were in your forehand! Don’t lay it out there on a silver platter with a wimpy backhand for the devils to go tic tac toe.

That’s what drives me nuts. It’s not a lack of urgency. It’s not being soft. It’s just flat out stupid. They have instances of the former, but you’re going to have games like tonight where your gassed. Play a simple, SMART game and you still beat an inferior opponent with relative ease. But instead they make a million mental errors, fall behind early, and then they don’t have it in them to come back again. The falling behind early shit has got to stop. No team, no leader, no veteran, no super star, no all star team, can have a good season when you have to come back from 2 and 3 goal deficits night in and night out. It’s just not humanly possible to dig deep like that every game.

Coming out flat is on the leadership and the coaches. But I don’t blame the stupidity of individuals on the leadership or even the coaches. And that’s gotta get better before the flyers can even think about turning this around.
AV and the coaching staff have lost this team. Call it breaking their spirit, call it whatever you want.

"Management or ownership would be derelict not to review the situation following the end of this season that continued with (Tuesday's loss) marked by the depleted, demoralized team’s fourth straight loss and seventh in the past eight games, all in regulation. But there are questions about longer-term viability of retaining a coach who has not yet won it all, and they are amplified when a team backslides. the team has not seemed responsive for long stretches at a time to Vigneault’s particular style, which might work best with a veteran team dotted with strong leaders. There is also reason to question whether Vigneault is the right man to trust with the development of a very young team, given his tendencies to practice tough love on kids while according the benefit of the doubt to veterans, even those who are marginal NHLers. The play in the defensive zone has been chaotic in concert with a deterioration of talent. But Vigneault has not seemed to adapt his on-ice system to his personnel.

Plus, there must be an inspection of whether Vigneault’s undying belief in whistle-to-whistle, turn-the-other-cheek hockey has created a passive mentality. When Chris Kreider stood up for McDonagh after the captain was run from behind by Steven Stamkos in Tampa Bay in Game 6 of the 2015 conference finals, No. 20 was rebuked by the coach for picking up an additional two minutes. When Brendan Smith stood up for Tony DeAngelo in an imbroglio in L.A. with Trevor Lewis on Jan. 21, he was chastised for picking up a bad penalty." ----

This was from a 2018 article in the NY POST.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the few games I watched start to finish.

1. I am so tired of watching lazy plays. Other teams make crisp passes to get out of the zone while we try a soft little flutter pass. This is a total lack of effort and has nothing to do with skill;

2. How many times do our forwards get caught looking at the puck while the player they are responsible for skates right by them. I think it was the 4th goal where they showed 4 players all watching the puck;

3. Hayes shots wide on a short handed break away;

4. Someone else said it. Not playing as a team. One guy, usually Farabee or Jake makes a great individual effort only to be triple teamed with no support;

5. I can't believe I am going to say this, but put Braun with Provy. At least he has an idea how to defend; and

6. Keep Couts, Farabee, Provy, TK and Hart. No fire sale, but for the right price, everyone else is expendable.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We wont be sliding into the playoffs as Boston has 3 games in hand on us and they play 7 more games against Buffalo.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I said that a few weeks ago this is nothing new. They are flat out garbage. I didn't realize that Gus would be this bad and that Sanheim and Myers would fall apart. I wouldn't give up on the latter they could bounce back worst case 3rd pairing but they need two more for sure.
Or Linblom stinking and Patrick being terrible. Lets not just blame the defense.

JVR is our best forward for gods sake. That says it all about this team.