• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020-21 The Carter Hart Era PT2(The raising of the cup)

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see if we can keep them under 5 tonight...
Lindsay Lohan Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is delivering well today boys! I got in a few good laughs today. Tonight I'll have my 6 pack right next to me because I'm thinking I'll need it. The question is will I need to go through it before we got the first intermission.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is delivering well today boys! I got in a few good laughs today. Tonight I'll have my 6 pack right next to me because I'm thinking I'll need it. The question is will I need to go through it before we got the first intermission.
You my friend are a true glutton for punishment!:suds:

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we at the point of tankathon? Wow! How did we lose this game? You know it's not our year. Islanders goalie stole this game. Fuck the 1 point.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we at the point of tankathon? Wow! How did we lose this game? You know it's not our year. Islanders goalie stole this game. Fuck the 1 point.
Frustrating for sure. This was a much better performance though.

Still sloppy with the puck though. Just made up for it by winning board battles and back checking.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They played better but sell sell sell! Doesn't help when you can't get a save when you really need it.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliot Friedman apparently said on his podcast that the Flyers are more interested in Ryan Ellis than Ekholm in their discussions with the Preds.

Please, please, please do that.

Edit: Listened to it and it's more speculating that the Flyers wouldn't give up a bunch for Ekholm given how the last 2 weeks have gone, but they would be interested in Ellis because he's signed for 6 more years. Also mentioned how it hasn't been a secret that the Preds scouting dept has been at a bunch of Phantoms games lately. Also seemed to say Nashville might be willing to look at moving Ellis because the return would be bigger since teams would have more certainty.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They played better but sell sell sell! Doesn't help when you can't get a save when you really need it.
I agree but it wont happen as 4th place is still up for grabs and for some reason this team feels its OK to stay a middle of the road team. So dont expect to blow it up like they should. Expect they make 4th place or finish just outside the playoffs and stay the course.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliot Friedman apparently said on his podcast that the Flyers are more interested in Ryan Ellis than Ekholm in their discussions with the Preds.

Please, please, please do that.

Edit: Listened to it and it's more speculating that the Flyers wouldn't give up a bunch for Ekholm given how the last 2 weeks have gone, but they would be interested in Ellis because he's signed for 6 more years. Also mentioned how it hasn't been a secret that the Preds scouting dept has been at a bunch of Phantoms games lately. Also seemed to say Nashville might be willing to look at moving Ellis because the return would be bigger since teams would have more certainty.
I am in if they want to make this move but who goes the other way?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am in if they want to make this move but who goes the other way?

If they're looking closely at the Phantoms I would assume Foerster and/or Zamula would be part of it. Have to a assume the 2021 first round pick would be part of it. And they'd need to add still, but it's tough to say. If Nashville is looking at more of a re-tool, then I'd assume they'd want someone off the NHL roster. If they're really blowing it up, maybe another higher end prospect?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they're looking closely at the Phantoms I would assume Foerster and/or Zamula would be part of it. Have to a assume the 2021 first round pick would be part of it. And they'd need to add still, but it's tough to say. If Nashville is looking at more of a re-tool, then I'd assume they'd want someone off the NHL roster. If they're really blowing it up, maybe another higher end prospect?
If we pick up his salary then id assume Ghost is gone in the next trade. Hope we could get something decent for him.

Ellis is a RHD which we sorely need

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AWAZ can you look up and see if we lead the league in icing the puck?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we pick up his salary then id assume Ghost is gone in the next trade. Hope we could get something decent for him.

Ellis is a RHD which we sorely need

Yep. Ellis is a really good fit. I think he's pretty similar to Niskanen in style. Plays top minutes. RH. And signed at to a good contract for the next 6 years where the Flyers should be going for it.

The twist will be what they do with the expansion draft. Presumably if they add Ellis and give up a bunch of assets for him, they'll probably want to protect 4 dmen. Which, after Giroux, Hayes, Couturier, and TK are protected, exposes Voracek, JvR, Lindblom, and Patrick. With that available to them, I'd be shocked if Seattle didn't take Patrick. So do you use Patrick in the Ellis deal instead, so you get something for him? But then likely lose Patrick and Lindblom in the process? Personally, I don't like the idea of moving Patrick. I still think he has a high ceiling and is worth keeping. But you have to give to get.

What I think would be interesting is if they centered the deal around Sanheim. Not that I want to move Sanheim either, and it doesn't fix the hole in the top 4. But with Zamula and York coming up, they have a chance at being able to replace Sanheim on the left side. If Sanheim is dealt, it alleviates the expansion draft concern because you can go back to 7-3-1. Then your most valuable exposures are JvR, Voracek, and NAK.

If I were running the team, I'd wait until the offseason to do this if you can. And secretly I'd be rooting against Michigan in the NCAA tournament in hopes that you can get a good look at York against professionals, at least in the AHL, to see where he stands. And if possible, I'd try to get York and Zamula some NHL time. All that hinges on York signing after his season is over and not wanting to go back to Michigan next year.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Ellis is a really good fit. I think he's pretty similar to Niskanen in style. Plays top minutes. RH. And signed at to a good contract for the next 6 years where the Flyers should be going for it.

The twist will be what they do with the expansion draft. Presumably if they add Ellis and give up a bunch of assets for him, they'll probably want to protect 4 dmen. Which, after Giroux, Hayes, Couturier, and TK are protected, exposes Voracek, JvR, Lindblom, and Patrick. With that available to them, I'd be shocked if Seattle didn't take Patrick. So do you use Patrick in the Ellis deal instead, so you get something for him? But then likely lose Patrick and Lindblom in the process? Personally, I don't like the idea of moving Patrick. I still think he has a high ceiling and is worth keeping. But you have to give to get.

What I think would be interesting is if they centered the deal around Sanheim. Not that I want to move Sanheim either, and it doesn't fix the hole in the top 4. But with Zamula and York coming up, they have a chance at being able to replace Sanheim on the left side. If Sanheim is dealt, it alleviates the expansion draft concern because you can go back to 7-3-1. Then your most valuable exposures are JvR, Voracek, and NAK.

If I were running the team, I'd wait until the offseason to do this if you can. And secretly I'd be rooting against Michigan in the NCAA tournament in hopes that you can get a good look at York against professionals, at least in the AHL, to see where he stands. And if possible, I'd try to get York and Zamula some NHL time. All that hinges on York signing after his season is over and not wanting to go back to Michigan next year.
I would keep Sanheim and move Ghost at all cost if possible. If Ellis comes over that puts Sanheim back as a solid 3/4 guy going forward. If we were to trade a forward right now if i would look to move JVR while his value is at its peak. Patricks value is so low i doubt anyone wants him, im not even sure i would take him if i were the Kraken.