• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020-21 The Carter Hart Era PT2(The raising of the cup)

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wondering if the Flyers will at least consider signing UFA Trevor van Riemsdyk (Carolina) to replace Braun. Yes, the brother of THAT guy. He's a younger and more mobile RHD than Braun, but may not have the size the Flyers really need. He struggled last year, but from what I've been able to put together he had shoulder surgery after sustaining a playoff injury the year before, which caused him to miss training camp and the start of the regular season. He wasn't very good at first upon returning but apparently got better as the season went on. He plays a steady defensive game with some mobility, but has average size and little offensive pop.
If you're gonna do that move, might as well keep Ghost. You just described him but his offensive side is a lot higher than TVR.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the deal on Pietrangelo? Is or will he be a UFA? He would be a nice fit, although very expensive.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the deal on Pietrangelo? Is or will he be a UFA? He would be a nice fit, although very expensive.
I’ve read both sides want him to be back. I don’t think he fits the cap anyway. I think the Flyers like their top 4 so if you see a move on the blue line it will be a 5th or 6th guy to pair with Haggs.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve read both sides want him to be back. I don’t think he fits the cap anyway. I think the Flyers like their top 4 so if you see a move on the blue line it will be a 5th or 6th guy to pair with Haggs.

Yep. Agree with this. If they could move JvR and Ghost without taking salary back, they could maybe consider Pietrangelo, but I don't think the chips will fall that way.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Agree with this. If they could move JvR and Ghost without taking salary back, they could maybe consider Pietrangelo, but I don't think the chips will fall that way.
Even if they have the means I’m not sure I want to see a change in the top 4. I guess if you could swap Niskanin for Pietrangelo in your lineup sure. But short of that, let’s continue to let the top 4 grow together in their pairs.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Starting to dig in! Starting with draftsite and a couple other things I read/remember..

John-Jason Peterka (LW/RW): Not a real big guy, and needs work on his skating. No thanks.

Mavrik Borque (C): Small guy, but a battler and pretty quick sounds like. One thing I read said he had some high offensive ability.

Connor Zary (C): High character, skill, work-ethic. Like those things. Good offensive instincts, 200 ft player. Maybe a touch slow.

Justin Barron (RHD): Big, shutdown d-type. Would like a higher upside in the 1st round.

Ridley Greig (LW/C): Smaller guy, huge pest, great skater. His bios read a lot like TK's did and he was taken about here. He was an early favorite of mine and is still up there for me. His dad is a Flyers scout also.

Lukas Riechel (LW): Offense only guy looks like. Not much defense or physicality. I doubt the Flyers go this direction.

Rodion Amirov (W): Great forechecker. Decent size (6'1 180). Good offensive pop. Would be interested if he's available.

William Wallinder (D): 6'4 185. Raw. Not really interested in that kind of development.

Noel Gunler (LW): Pure shooter/scorer. Sounds like he doesn't do much else. "Has absolutely no jam, aggression or intensity to his game". Perfect for Las! :lol:

Jacob Perrault (C): High end offensive abilities, but bad skater.

Sam Colangelo (C): Seems like the complete package offensive skill wise. But work-ethic questions.

Brendan Brisson (C): Relentless worker. Attacks the net. Does everything well, but nothing outstanding. Could see him as an option for the Flyers.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of we stay pay with our pick. I like Greig, Amirov and Barron. Either of those 3 would fit the bill. Assuming they are on the board and we don't trade.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of we stay pay with our pick. I like Greig, Amirov and Barron. Either of those 3 would fit the bill. Assuming they are on the board and we don't trade.

Greig, Amirov, Borque, Zary, Brisson are my leaders in the Flyers range right now.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In watching last night game, and I’ve thought about this throughout playoffs - our forwards need to be more aggressive on Defense AND be able to mount offensive push. Seems to me we have to trade off forwards playing defense for being able to clear zone with meaningful offensive play.

when we have forwards thinking offense, we leave Hart exposed. When the forwards play more defense - we get stuck in our zones.

not sure if that’s the players we have, our system or combination of both.

In summary , we need more from our forwards

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In watching last night game, and I’ve thought about this throughout playoffs - our forwards need to be more aggressive on Defense AND be able to mount offensive push. Seems to me we have to trade off forwards playing defense for being able to clear zone with meaningful offensive play.

when we have forwards thinking offense, we leave Hart exposed. When the forwards play more defense - we get stuck in our zones.

not sure if that’s the players we have, our system or combination of both.

In summary , we need more from our forwards
Needing more from our forwards starts at the very top.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to dig in! Starting with draftsite and a couple other things I read/remember..

John-Jason Peterka (LW/RW): Not a real big guy, and needs work on his skating. No thanks.

Mavrik Borque (C): Small guy, but a battler and pretty quick sounds like. One thing I read said he had some high offensive ability.

Connor Zary (C): High character, skill, work-ethic. Like those things. Good offensive instincts, 200 ft player. Maybe a touch slow.

Justin Barron (RHD): Big, shutdown d-type. Would like a higher upside in the 1st round.

Ridley Greig (LW/C): Smaller guy, huge pest, great skater. His bios read a lot like TK's did and he was taken about here. He was an early favorite of mine and is still up there for me. His dad is a Flyers scout also.

Lukas Riechel (LW): Offense only guy looks like. Not much defense or physicality. I doubt the Flyers go this direction.

Rodion Amirov (W): Great forechecker. Decent size (6'1 180). Good offensive pop. Would be interested if he's available.

William Wallinder (D): 6'4 185. Raw. Not really interested in that kind of development.

Noel Gunler (LW): Pure shooter/scorer. Sounds like he doesn't do much else. "Has absolutely no jam, aggression or intensity to his game". Perfect for Las! :lol:

Jacob Perrault (C): High end offensive abilities, but bad skater.

Sam Colangelo (C): Seems like the complete package offensive skill wise. But work-ethic questions.

Brendan Brisson (C): Relentless worker. Attacks the net. Does everything well, but nothing outstanding. Could see him as an option for the Flyers.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gary Bettman held his annual Stanley Cup Final meeting on Saturday before Game 1 of the Finals and commented on a number of issues. Among the key comments were that the start of the NHL schedule may have to be pushed back to late December or early January 2021, that he’s opposed to playoff expansion and that he’d like to avoid playing games in the summer.

In respect to whether or not the league would have fans at games, he responded, “It’s conceivable that we start with no fans, move to socially distanced fans” and then move to fuller buildings. “How we start isn’t necessarily how we’ll finish” next season.

He was also asked about the Seattle expansion and if there’s any chance it could be delayed. He said, “No. I want that answer to be as definitive as possible.”

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I'm talking about. The only time that Giroux was really part of a team that was Cup worthy, it just so happened to be his first full season, and he was a clutch performer throughout that playoff run. I was sitting in the crowd when he scored the OT winner in game 3. If we lose that game, it's probably a sweep instead of getting to OT of game 6. We just so happened to run into a modern day Blackhawk dynasty that was just getting it's feet wet. We should've had Patrick Kane on our side, but we lost that lottery. None of this is his fault. G has done everything in his power to bring a Cup to Philly and that will only continue for at least two more seasons. Go ahead and keep doubting him.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for double post here. All they did for this article was harvest what we’ve been discussing on this board. We should have gotten a mention in the “by” line