• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020-21 The Carter Hart Era PT2(The raising of the cup)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looking at the prospects that seem to still have an NHL shot by position (not in order)

C - Frost, Laczynski, Rubtsov, O'Brien, Bunnaman
LW - Twarynski, Ratcliffe, Cates
RW - Brink, Kase, Suhsko, Allison, Sandin,
LD - Zamula, York, Hogberg, Millman, Morin
RD - Friedman, Wylie, Attard
G - Ustimenko, Sandstrom, Ersson

So, pretty solid depth of potential NHL-ers at each position really. I would say C, RW, and LD have the best chance at top of the lineup guys with Frost, Brink, Zamula, and York. So if you're going by need, I would say they're looking for top of the lineup guys at LW and RD.
We are going to need this depth coming in as Gee and Jake wont be around forever. We will need probably at least three of these guys to make up the points lost when they are gone.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would love to keep him. He was a solid bottom 6 player. Hope he doesnt want to much money to stay.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There has to be a better option out there.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looking at the prospects that seem to still have an NHL shot by position (not in order)

C - Frost, Laczynski, Rubtsov, O'Brien, Bunnaman
LW - Twarynski, Ratcliffe, Cates
RW - Brink, Kase, Suhsko, Allison, Sandin,
LD - Zamula, York, Hogberg, Millman, Morin
RD - Friedman, Wylie, Attard
G - Ustimenko, Sandstrom, Ersson

So, pretty solid depth of potential NHL-ers at each position really. I would say C, RW, and LD have the best chance at top of the lineup guys with Frost, Brink, Zamula, and York. So if you're going by need, I would say they're looking for top of the lineup guys at LW and RD.
In all honesty, Frost, Zamula and York are the only players I’m considering when thinking about my draft strategy. The rest of them are too far from being sure things. A nice list overall, but most of them simply won’t make it.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are going to need this depth coming in as Gee and Jake wont be around forever. We will need probably at least three of these guys to make up the points lost when they are gone.

For sure. That's my biggest concern with the Flyers moving forward. Who steps up and drives the offense as G/Jake decline? Couturier is good, but driving the offense isn't exactly his forte. Same for Hayes and you could potentially say the same about Lindblom too.

For me, I'm looking at TK being essential to get to that level. Then hopefully Patrick and Frost, and even more hope required, Brink.

That's why I would go home-run hitting in the first round (trading up if required). Another bottom 6 guy, or 5/6 dman, really doesn't help you much.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty, Frost, Zamula and York are the only players I’m considering when thinking about my draft strategy. The rest of them are too far from being sure things. A nice list overall, but most of them simply won’t make it.

Agreed. Even if those other guys make it, the best case would probably be 3rd/4th tweeners and 3rd pair dmen. Which can really be found pretty easily, in a multitude of ways.

Only one I would maybe add is Brink. People seem to be pretty high on him.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would love to keep him. He was a solid bottom 6 player. Hope he doesnt want to much money to stay.

I like Pitlick too. Exactly what you want in a 4th liner I think. Depending on what else they're trying to do, and how much money they need to do it, I would be all for re-signing him.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There has to be a better option out there.

Or at the very least a cheaper option for what he brought. I'm fine with Braun skillset wise, but for like 1.5-2M, not 3.8M. There's a pretty good number of Braun-type players UFA this season if that's the route they go.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or at the very least a cheaper option for what he brought. I'm fine with Braun skillset wise, but for like 1.5-2M, not 3.8M. There's a pretty good number of Braun-type players UFA this season if that's the route they go.
We hired and paid him to be a top 4 and obviously that didn't work well. However he did settle into a 6/7 role where he played pretty good. My concern in getting him back even at 1.5-2 is we dont change anything on the back end and we all saw what happened to our D in the playoffs.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We hired and paid him to be a top 4 and obviously that didn't work well. However he did settle into a 6/7 role where he played pretty good. My concern in getting him back even at 1.5-2 is we dont change anything on the back end and we all saw what happened to our D in the playoffs.

I think the first part was part Braun not playing quite at the level of a top 4 guy, but also part Myers maturing into that role and the Flyers wanting Myers to get more minutes to develop.

I'm definitely open to someone other than Braun. I thought he was fine. Hopefully they can do better than fine though.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That just goes to show you how bad JVR is. TSN doesn't even consider him bait as nobody wants him.
So he's a Flyer next year.... and someway, somehow The Kraken (just love that name) need to want the package the Flyers put up in the expansion draft.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the first part was part Braun not playing quite at the level of a top 4 guy, but also part Myers maturing into that role and the Flyers wanting Myers to get more minutes to develop.

I'm definitely open to someone other than Braun. I thought he was fine. Hopefully they can do better than fine though.
I was a Braun fan early in the year...... not a fan now. I would vote to let him go.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda surprised they resigned Lyon. I guess at $700K it’s cheap insurance