• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020-21 The Carter Hart Era PT2(The raising of the cup)

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomorrow night is a big game for us despite it being the disastrous Sabres who are on the brink of firing their coach Ralph Kruger. If we don't show up and we somehow lose this game, it will tell me a change has to be made ( trade or who knows). Let's get out of this funk.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomorrow night is a big game for us despite it being the disastrous Sabres who are on the brink of firing their coach Ralph Kruger. If we don't show up and we somehow lose this game, it will tell me a change has to be made ( trade or who knows). Let's get out of this funk.
If we lose that game it says it's time for a serious coaching overhaul. If you can't get a team up to beat an inferior opponent you shouldn't be behind the bench.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we lose that game it says it's time for a serious coaching overhaul. If you can't get a team up to beat an inferior opponent you shouldn't be behind the bench.
There is plenty to blame all around. Players need to be held accountable.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is plenty to blame all around. Players need to be held accountable.
Definitely, and we've hashed that convo out to the nth degree, but if things are staying stagnant under the coaches guidance then the coach has to adjust to. Seems like AV thinks if the players aren't getting what he's saying then it's on them, sometimes it's how you say things that turn ears on or off.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone was saying Hagg was anything special. Myers has been a major disappointment this season, I will give you that. And Provorov has looked more like a good 1st pairing guy, rather than a great one. Ghost I actually think has looked pretty good this year compared to his last few seasons. But he's not a top pair guy.

They need help on defense. There's no doubt about it. At best, they have 3 top 4 guys, but it's really just been Sanheim and Provorov that look the part so far this season.
No we all realized Hagg would be bottom pairing, we just thought he was more physical at the time. You laid it out perfectly, we have maybe 2 maybe 3 guys who could potentially be top 4 but when? Also why is there so much regression of players on this squad? Also I agree on Ghost, he has been better but he would only make top 4 status is if he added a lot more physicality to his game and we know that ain't happening lol.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we win all is good in the world again. Remember how great we thought we were after beating them twice last week.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No we all realized Hagg would be bottom pairing, we just thought he was more physical at the time. You laid it out perfectly, we have maybe 2 maybe 3 guys who could potentially be top 4 but when? Also why is there so much regression of players on this squad? Also I agree on Ghost, he has been better but he would only make top 4 status is if he added a lot more physicality to his game and we know that ain't happening lol.
This could be because we overrate our players on this board but you know that's not a popular opinion to say here so lets keep this just between us. :heh:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't say there's a ton of regression. Myers hasn't taken the next step and has maybe regressed a bit. Ghost's whole career has been up and down. Hagg is what he is. Sanheim/Provorov haven't really regressed. Maybe stagnated a bit, but I wouldn't say regressed.

Up front, Couturier, Farabee, JvR have been fantastic. Giroux and Voracek you could say have regressed, but they're aging and it's to be expected. Hayes is starting to get some flack, but he's actually scoring at a 63 pt pace which is 30% higher than last season. Konecny is the real candidate for regressing up front, on pace for 61 points compared to his 76 pt pace last year. You'd certainly like to see more from Lindblom and Patrick, but there's obviously extenuating circumstances there for both of them. Not an excuse, the expectation is that they'll provide more than they are, but 20 games in I think it's a little harsh to say they're regressing as hockey players. Hopefully they're still in the 'rounding into form' part of the curve. And hopefully they hurry the hell up.

Hart hasn't met the hopes we had for him this year. We were hoping he'd start blossoming into the real star of the team and he definitely hasn't done that. But goalies are voodoo. Price had down years in his 2nd and 3rd year. Hopefully Hart rebounds a bit as we go forward and can be that star.

Obviously that's all a very quick snap shot and there's more to it than points for the forwards, but I don't think there's a systemic regression problem. They need a top 4 d-man and they could use a little more from Hart. And their special teams is atrocious.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say there's a ton of regression. Myers hasn't taken the next step and has maybe regressed a bit. Ghost's whole career has been up and down. Hagg is what he is. Sanheim/Provorov haven't really regressed. Maybe stagnated a bit, but I wouldn't say regressed.

Up front, Couturier, Farabee, JvR have been fantastic. Giroux and Voracek you could say have regressed, but they're aging and it's to be expected. Hayes is starting to get some flack, but he's actually scoring at a 63 pt pace which is 30% higher than last season. Konecny is the real candidate for regressing up front, on pace for 61 points compared to his 76 pt pace last year. You'd certainly like to see more from Lindblom and Patrick, but there's obviously extenuating circumstances there for both of them. Not an excuse, the expectation is that they'll provide more than they are, but 20 games in I think it's a little harsh to say they're regressing as hockey players. Hopefully they're still in the 'rounding into form' part of the curve. And hopefully they hurry the hell up.

Hart hasn't met the hopes we had for him this year. We were hoping he'd start blossoming into the real star of the team and he definitely hasn't done that. But goalies are voodoo. Price had down years in his 2nd and 3rd year. Hopefully Hart rebounds a bit as we go forward and can be that star.

Obviously that's all a very quick snap shot and there's more to it than points for the forwards, but I don't think there's a systemic regression problem. They need a top 4 d-man and they could use a little more from Hart. And their special teams is atrocious.
I agree about Hart i just didn't want to say it for fear of melting down the board.

I dont agree about Ghost only one up year the rest down.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about Hart i just didn't want to say it for fear of melting down the board.

I dont agree about Ghost only one up year the rest down.

Lol. I appreciate the concern! But it's definitely true. O'Connor did an article for The Athletic that was mostly a defense of Hart's numbers. I haven't read it, but I think the gist was he's been better than the numbers say. But the truth is, for the Flyers to be a cup contender, they need Hart to be difference maker. I'm not worried about him long term, I think he's been OK given the state of the defense, but they need him to be a star.

For me, the guys they need more from are TK, Myers, and Hart. Lindblom and Patrick would round out the top 5, but they have a longer leash due to the health stuff.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hart goes tonight.

A loss tonight would be stupid. Don't be stupid, Flyers.

Edit: seeing that Eichel is out now too. A loss tonight would be REALLY stupid.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. I appreciate the concern! But it's definitely true. O'Connor did an article for The Athletic that was mostly a defense of Hart's numbers. I haven't read it, but I think the gist was he's been better than the numbers say. But the truth is, for the Flyers to be a cup contender, they need Hart to be difference maker. I'm not worried about him long term, I think he's been OK given the state of the defense, but they need him to be a star.

For me, the guys they need more from are TK, Myers, and Hart. Lindblom and Patrick would round out the top 5, but they have a longer leash due to the health stuff.
I am seriously worried about Lindblom - not as much Patrick. Patrick is throwing his body around and I have very high hopes he makes his #2 pick look like a wise choice for the Flyers.

Way too early in his young life, Lindblom has faced an honest to goodness mortality call. Youngsters tend to play with reckless abandon, without fear from a life expectancy standpoint. Lindblom faced more than I ever have, and I just wonder if there’s a little “there’s more to life than hockey” in his subconscious. Now, I am regularly accused of overthinking things, but I am worried about him.

I’m going with Oskar to light it up first tonight.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do really need help on D. I have been pitching for us to go get Deangelo and Eckholm. Is there anyone out there you like that we may be able to swing a deal for that would help us this season ? Im am tired of season after season passing by without a cup
Don't think the rags would trade with Philly unless they are raping them. Don't mind eckholm if the price is right but if too high may as well swing for the fences and bring in a better long term answer. Either trade won't be easy but I agree they have no choice as the D is bad. In the meantime Ghost can't be on the top pairing even though he's playing better he's getting chewed up by the top lines.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think the rags would trade with Philly unless they are raping them. Don't mind eckholm if the price is right but if too high may as well swing for the fences and bring in a better long term answer. Either trade won't be easy but I agree they have no choice as the D is bad. In the meantime Ghost can't be on the top pairing even though he's playing better he's getting chewed up by the top lines.
Rags are paying Deangelo $3.75 this year and $4.8 million next year on their salary cap to not play This is why i think the Rags would not only trade with us in a heartbeat but eat probably half that salary.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rags are paying Deangelo $3.75 this year and $4.8 million next year on their salary cap to not play This is why i think the Rags would not only trade with us in a heartbeat but eat probably half that salary.
Even if remotely fair I'd do the deal as they need to do something on D! Today I'd try Myers with Provy and Ghost with Sanheim. Should protect Ghost a bit and the third pairing well it is what it is although I think Prosser wasn't that bad play him with Braun.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, Patrick and Lindblom really aren’t giving them the kind of production you would want.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if remotely fair I'd do the deal as they need to do something on D! Today I'd try Myers with Provy and Ghost with Sanheim. Should protect Ghost a bit and the third pairing well it is what it is although I think Prosser wasn't that bad play him with Braun.
Or in place of Braun.