• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020-21 The Carter Hart Era PT2(The raising of the cup)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take this rumor with a grain of salt. According to Ek, the Flyers and Preds are discussing a deal that would involve our 1st round pick and Patrick for Ekholm. Do you make this deal?

I wouldn’t. I think Patrick’s ceiling is too high to lose on a guy that will either be a rental or someone that complicates the expansion draft further.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s extremely disappointing to lose 2/3 to the Pens. Not panic-level, but very disappointing.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take this rumor with a grain of salt. According to Ek, the Flyers and Preds are discussing a deal that would involve our 1st round pick and Patrick for Ekholm. Do you make this deal?

I wouldn’t. I think Patrick’s ceiling is too high to lose on a guy that will either be a rental or someone that complicates the expansion draft further.
Tough call, while Patrick is getting better, how far does he go? Is Ekholm the missing piece? I think he makes the defense better but it's not a cup making deal IMO. I just don't see anyone out there that makes this team an instant cup favorite. Probably gonna have to see what's available next season and go all in and push for the cup.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see this shit bag get his due.
Yup. This was my first post this morning. Tom Wilson needs to be kicked out of this league. These type of players are pretty much ran out of the league of should be. He has a sit down hearing I believe tomorrow? He's going to serve some severe suspension time I would think. He has a history of this type of shit. He's a POS. Shame on the Caps for keeping this asshole on their payroll.

Edit: didn't realize the ruling already happened? He only got 7 games. You got to be kidding me. The guy has a reputation, much like his Matt Cooke did when he played and was a known dirty player. These guys have no purpose in the game.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. This was my first post this morning. Tom Wilson needs to be kicked out of this league. These type of players are pretty much ran out of the league of should be. He has a sit down hearing I believe tomorrow? He's going to serve some severe suspension time I would think. He has a history of this type of shit. He's a POS. Shame on the Caps for keeping this asshole on their payroll.

Edit: didn't realize the ruling already happened? He only got 7 games. You got to be kidding me. The guy has a reputation, much like his Matt Cooke did when he played and was a known dirty player. These guys have no purpose in the game.
Meh they tried to clean it up a bit for him by just ruling it a boarding ruling. He is a cheap head hunter always has been. He could be a good hard hitting player but he always wants to try and go for a hit that causes an injury. At least he'll be out for the Flyers game.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh they tried to clean it up a bit for him by just ruling it a boarding ruling. He is a cheap head hunter always has been. He could be a good hard hitting player but he always wants to try and go for a hit that causes an injury. At least he'll be out for the Flyers game.
that's a relief for sure. He's still a douchebag.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if we are leaning toward protecting 4 forwards and 4 defensemen for the expansion draft, we could protect Ekholm (in addition to Provy, Sanheim and Myers) and in that case someone like Patrick would likely be left exposed anyway. Obviously we have a lot more forward depth now than defensive depth. That helps even things out.

I'm sure the play of Patrick or what we expect his ceiling to be and what he might want out of his next contract factors into this a great deal as well.

Also, are we just renting Ekholm for a season and change or is he signing an extension with us? That obviously matters, to me.

Ultimately, it seems like too desperate of a move on our part in my opinion. Patrick is too young to give up on and he's a 2nd overall pick. You don't get many of those. Also, Ekholm could either be exposed (and taken) in the draft or just walk away after next season.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s extremely disappointing to lose 2/3 to the Pens. Not panic-level, but very disappointing.
None of us want to hear or make excuses, but I think having basically a third of our team just recently recovered from covid19 contributed to some lack of energy or jump in this series. That's just the reality of the situation, not an excuse. We're better than Pittsburgh and that will show in the long run.

Not only that, but once we get our special teams in order and our young defense gets their shit together, we're going to be a dominant team. I truly believe that. How long will it take and will we need to jump start the process with a trade? That is the question.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snice i hit with TK yesterday I will go with him again today.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont have to tell you guys that getting only 2 points out of 6 against an undermanned Pittsburgh team is very disappointing.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have no need for Eckholm because we have Prosser :heh:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have no need for Eckholm because we have Prosser :heh:
Prosser actually played well a very simple but effective game. I don't think he was the big problem but I don't think he'll be the life preserver for the Flyers D either. He's probably why they let Friedman walk.

Patrick and a first for Eckholm may be what it takes but I'm a little leery on the move. If the trade involved Josi different story because he's legit. Obviously those types of trades are more difficult to find but I remember Seth Jones straight up for Johansen. Johansen was nothing special but had upside like Patrick maybe more proven so Patrick and first for Jones would seem fair. I like Jones more than Ekholm due to age. Anyway due to other teams looking the price may not be worth it.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prosser actually played well a very simple but effective game. I don't think he was the big problem but I don't think he'll be the life preserver for the Flyers D either. He's probably why they let Friedman walk.

Patrick and a first for Eckholm may be what it takes but I'm a little leery on the move. If the trade involved Josi different story because he's legit. Obviously those types of trades are more difficult to find but I remember Seth Jones straight up for Johansen. Johansen was nothing special but had upside like Patrick maybe more proven so Patrick and first for Jones would seem fair. I like Jones more than Ekholm due to age. Anyway due to other teams looking the price may not be worth it.
That Seth jones offer of Patrick and a first for jones may seem fair on our side and if we could do that i would go up to my roof and jump off with joy, Realistically though a player like Seth Jones would require Prov Patrick and a first rounder just to start. Im sure awaz would agree.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Seth jones offer of Patrick and a first for jones may seem fair on our side and if we could do that i would go up to my roof and jump off with joy, Realistically though a player like Seth Jones would require Prov Patrick and a first rounder just to start. Im sure awaz would agree.
Maybe not Prov so id substitute Sanheim Patrick and TK and a second rounder may get it done