• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020-21 The Carter Hart Era PT2(The raising of the cup)

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just time to realize, contrary to popular belief, this team is a loooong way off from competing for a cup.
This is a brutal stretch for us. We went from a 3 game series with our rival and immediately into a Caps series. After this it's Boston again. Ouch! The part that really stinks is we are losing and the Pens are ahead of us now in the standings for the final playoff spot. I know it's still early, but there reasons to be concerned going forward. This is the second straight game which we allowed a late back breaking goal. This team can't hold a lead for whatever reason?

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a brutal stretch for us. We went from a 3 game series with our rival and immediately into a Caps series. After this it's Boston again. Ouch! The part that really stinks is we are losing and the Pens are ahead of us now in the standings for the final playoff spot. I know it's still early, but there reasons to be concerned going forward. This is the second straight game which we allowed a late back breaking goal. This team can't hold a lead for whatever reason?
Biggest thing I see is us as fans have been doing a good job of looking at our players through Orange colored glasses. A couple years ago Hagg was supposed to be our physical Dman(bust) so far Myers and Sanheim have hit their ceiling IMO,(they were the second coming if I remember correctly,) I don't see an over whelming player in either one, and the vets we have on defense shouldn't be on the ice. Need a huge defensive shake up in the off season. At least a number 1 pairing with Provy and at least 1 solid if not 2 legit 2nd and 3rd pairing. Hagg is useless and at this point why keep Ghost? Don't need to blow up the whole squad just the defense. Gee and Jake's windows are the next 2 years max IMO.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other thing about our defense that hasn't been fixed and God knows why not, but go back and look at video of the last 5 minutes of play before the Caps scored their 1st goal, now count how many times our dmen turned the puck over at our own blue line. I just picked this game cause its current, but I could pull up a shit ton more evidence. Been a trend for years here????

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oof. That was not a confidence inspiring week boys.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other thing about our defense that hasn't been fixed and God knows why not, but go back and look at video of the last 5 minutes of play before the Caps scored their 1st goal, now count how many times our dmen turned the puck over at our own blue line. I just picked this game cause its current, but I could pull up a shit ton more evidence. Been a trend for years here????
I agree .Its a season full of games you could say this about.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We cant hold the lead with this defense. Its like pouring water into a sieve and expect it not to leak.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest thing I see is us as fans have been doing a good job of looking at our players through Orange colored glasses. A couple years ago Hagg was supposed to be our physical Dman(bust) so far Myers and Sanheim have hit their ceiling IMO,(they were the second coming if I remember correctly,) I don't see an over whelming player in either one, and the vets we have on defense shouldn't be on the ice. Need a huge defensive shake up in the off season. At least a number 1 pairing with Provy and at least 1 solid if not 2 legit 2nd and 3rd pairing. Hagg is useless and at this point why keep Ghost? Don't need to blow up the whole squad just the defense. Gee and Jake's windows are the next 2 years max IMO.
To combat all of these issues we signed Gus :doh:

We dont have to wait until next season to shake up this defense.

We could trade for Deangelo and Eckholm this season.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really thought our fans were going to excite this squad.

They really needed to take 2 out of 3 against the Pens. The Caps game was always going to be tough with the schedule the way it is. They came out the way they needed to last night, but couldn't manage more than a 1-goal lead. The recipe for a win last night was to come out flying, get a 2-3 goal lead and try to hang on. Or to get a gem from Hart. 1-0 wasn't enough. They did pour it on late, but Samsonov was up to the task so the shaky 2nd sunk them.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think anyone was saying Hagg was anything special. Myers has been a major disappointment this season, I will give you that. And Provorov has looked more like a good 1st pairing guy, rather than a great one. Ghost I actually think has looked pretty good this year compared to his last few seasons. But he's not a top pair guy.

They need help on defense. There's no doubt about it. At best, they have 3 top 4 guys, but it's really just been Sanheim and Provorov that look the part so far this season.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They really needed to take 2 out of 3 against the Pens. The Caps game was always going to be tough with the schedule the way it is. They came out the way they needed to last night, but couldn't manage more than a 1-goal lead. The recipe for a win last night was to come out flying, get a 2-3 goal lead and try to hang on. Or to get a gem from Hart. 1-0 wasn't enough. They did pour it on late, but Samsonov was up to the task so the shaky 2nd sunk them.
Even though our defense is bad you arent winning many games scoring 1 goal.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though our defense is bad you arent winning many games scoring 1 goal.

Yep. That's why I said 1-0 wasn't enough and they needed to build a 2-3 goal lead.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How funny was it when JVR tried to stick up for Farabee against Chara :pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How funny was it when JVR tried to stick up for Farabee against Chara :pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

Would've been better if he had stayed in the play and been there to cover a wide open Jensen....

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would've been better if he had stayed in the play and been there to cover a wide open Jensen....
Hey ive been calling for him to stand up for his teamates for years now so im not going to kill him for doing so .It was just funny. It was like when your big brother put his hand on your forehead and holds you away and you swing but cant reach him :pound:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not Prov so id substitute Sanheim Patrick and TK and a second rounder may get it done
Don't get me wrong I'm just comparing to that Johansen for Jones trade back in time. Not saying the Flyers could get away with it but Columbus received a great deal.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong I'm just comparing to that Johansen for Jones trade back in time. Not saying the Flyers could get away with it but Columbus received a great deal.
We do really need help on D. I have been pitching for us to go get Deangelo and Eckholm. Is there anyone out there you like that we may be able to swing a deal for that would help us this season ? Im am tired of season after season passing by without a cup