• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020-21 The Carter Hart Era PT2(The raising of the cup)

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got home so I have missed the first couple periods. Am I really seeing the scoreboard correctly 4-3 Sabres? This is exactly what I posted yesterday about this team not taking a desperate team like the Sabres serious. We betterr not lose this game. Has Hart lost his confidence? Something just isn't right with him this season.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really a confidence inspiring win. Defense/Hart still a mess. But 2 points is good? Outscored their mistakes tonight.

Glad Patrick scored in the SO. Maybe that gets him going. Great shot.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really a confidence inspiring win. Defense/Hart still a mess. But 2 points is good? Outscored their mistakes tonight.

Hart looked bad tonight. I think he is trying to hard to over compensate for a porous defense. I'm at a point now where I hope we just say screw it and get into an offensive shootout every game from here on out.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I'd like to nominate Scott Laughton for season MVP so far. He's had a superb season so far.

Really like Laughton. Love his game, love his attitude.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hart looked bad tonight. I think he is trying to hard to over compensate for a porous defense. I'm at a point now where I hope we just say screw it and get into an offensive shootout every game from here on out.

I think his confidence is toast. You can see it when he lets goals in. Hangs his head, shoulders drop. “Not again..” look to him.

I’d give Elliot the next two against the Caps and maybe the first Rangers game next week. Give Hart a break, then get him the 2nd Rangers game next week to hopefully get some confidence in.

The road to goalie stardom is a bumpy one. Hopefully he can find his game soon and be a force down the stretch.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thankfully the Sabres are so bad defensively and in net that we can pretty much score at will on them. Not only did we put up the four goals with relative ease, we definitely rang iron at least three or four times and had several A quality scoring chances that didn't quite go. This really could've easily been a 6-4 or 7-4 regulation win and then the narrative is a little different.

For whatever reason, it seems like we just don't play as well in front of Hart as we do Elliott. Reinhart and Sheahan were by Nhl standards left wide open in prime scoring areas for all three of the 1st period goals against. I don't blame Carter for any of those. He was completely hung out to dry. It's a lot to expect him to makes those saves. This is also the case for the one goal allowed by Elliott as well.

How hot is Sean Couturier right now? 6 goals and 9 assists in his last 11 games since returning from injury. It makes me wonder how many of the five losses we had without him would've went the other way. Probably a couple of them.

Great to see guys like Hayes, Ghost and Giroux score as they've all pretty much been snakebitten as of late, if not for the majority of the season.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got home so I have missed the first couple periods. Am I really seeing the scoreboard correctly 4-3 Sabres? This is exactly what I posted yesterday about this team not taking a desperate team like the Sabres serious. We betterr not lose this game. Has Hart lost his confidence? Something just isn't right with him this season.
This has been going on for about 8 years where we play down to our competition. Its a leadership problem. Hart needs to get his positioning a lot better.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He played a pretty good all around game as well.

I have to say i was so pissed when they put him 2nd instead of Gee.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sneaking by a terrible team playing without their best player and captain is not to inspiring. We are coming up on half the season being played already and we really need to get a lot better

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a report that says the Stanley cup sill be aired on ESPN in 2022-2028.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope they find announcers that know what icing is. Hate what espn has become.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Additional details. Looks like they get a few finals, and another partner will get the others. Saw on another tweet they’re expecting the full media rights to net the NHL about $410M/season. That’s double what the last deal with NBC was, so that’s good for the league for sure.

Also not a big ESPN fan though..

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ristolainen would fit nicely with Provy on defense imo. This guy has got to get out of Buffalo. He's a lot better than his stats show. I think we could get him a little cheaper than what Ek would cost. And he's a RH dman. Come on Fletch call the rookie GM Kevin Adams and see what the cost would be?

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ristolainen would fit nicely with Provy on defense imo. This guy has got to get out of Buffalo. He's a lot better than his stats show. I think we could get him a little cheaper than what Ek would cost. And he's a RH dman. Come on Fletch call the rookie GM Kevin Adams and see what the cost would be?
Sabres are such a train wreck, what direction do they go. Can’t pick players in draft worth a shit - so little value in draft picks. Go get Taylor Hall to help out Eichel —- that ain’t working. Pay Skinner a zillion for eons, and he is sucking.

not sure what would be attractive to them.