• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Womens World Cup Thread

Airraidtech

DAT DON'T MAKE NO SENSE!
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a big fan as well. As long as this defense can play like they have for 28 minutes and Mewis can show her form than I dont mind her in for Horan.

But I am getting short on breath every time France gets in the final 1/3.

First set piece by France....phew
Yeah then her dive. That was Barca trash. That made me sad. Then she took on two bitches and fought through them.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah then her dive. That was Barca trash. That made me sad. Then she took on two bitches and fought through them.

The shot late was ill advised.....Morgan was on the back post quite temptingly. Oh well.

Compared to her last game Saurbrun has been inspiring this game. Solid play! Hopefully her and Dahlkemper keep it up....because Dunn is getting eaten alive on that wing.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phew....got hairy there in the end. Questionable offsides on the Heath goal might have sealed it if they decided to look at it.

That said....no VAR stoppage this game. I liked that. Giving the French attack that many tries with out defense and winning is more luck than anything. Center backs played great....and Dunn picked it up in the second half. But OHara was getting roasted time and again.

Yeah...just phew. Bring on the Lioness’! Another scary team.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great victory.... I hate when teams bunker, that always seems to lead to goals. Thought the US started the bunker a bit too soon.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great victory.... I hate when teams bunker, that always seems to lead to goals. Thought the US started the bunker a bit too soon.

Yeah....bunkering is not this rosters forte. But France certainly wanted to catch us on counters and win that way. And they TOTALY could have. So at that point what else can you do but move a fifth to the back line and bunker down? That was a lot of waves we had to weather.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phew....got hairy there in the end. Questionable offsides on the Heath goal might have sealed it if they decided to look at it.

That said....no VAR stoppage this game. I liked that. Giving the French attack that many tries with out defense and winning is more luck than anything. Center backs played great....and Dunn picked it up in the second half. But OHara was getting roasted time and again.

Yeah...just phew. Bring on the Lioness’! Another scary team.
Did they even review that offside call? It was a horrible call, the replay even showed that the goal should have counted. I'm surprised the USA didn't argue the call.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win for the US today. The other 2 quarters go tomorrow. I think Germany and Holland win those games.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've banged on Crystal Dunn's defense recently, but Dunn played great today along with Sauerbrunn.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've banged on Crystal Dunn's defense recently, but Dunn played great today along with Sauerbrunn.
Agree. Although every time she has the ball I always expect some kind of miscue
will happen. She had a tough task today with the French forwards.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they even review that offside call? It was a horrible call, the replay even showed that the goal should have counted. I'm surprised the USA didn't argue the call.

I don't think it ever got an "official" review. But the TV replay showed she was maaaaaaaybe like 2 inches offside. It totally should have counted. Way too close to just throw the flag up

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it ever got an "official" review. But the TV replay showed she was maaaaaaaybe like 2 inches offside. It totally should have counted. Way too close to just throw the flag up
If France would have tied it on extra time, what a mess it could have been, especially if the U.S. Somehow lost on penalty kicks perhaps. That US defense looks shaky in my opinion ( Dunn).

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
US is going to make a grave mistake if they keep sitting Lloyd going forward.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Although every time she has the ball I always expect some kind of miscue
will happen. She had a tough task today with the French forwards.

I was even banging on her defending in the first half. But...with some hindsight...Diani torched her a few times early.....but she made some solid adjustments that matched her skill set and was about as good as you could expect considering the player she was defending. Amazing adjustment and job by her!

Sauerbrunn had tremendous improvement over the Spain game. She did show her weakness in cross center back passes again, but it didn’t kill us. Dahlkamper was solid overall...though I never like to see a CB out of position enough that she needs to turn their hips off square in the box to try to keep with an advancing forward. Probably the scariest D moment of the game. O’Hara is also pretty well out of position and had a tough ass assignment too. She didn’t impress as much as survive.

Naehler....this was a huge test for her. And I think she did great. She did guess wrong once or twice, but France didn’t capitalize. But more so she was on point the whole game and turned in a great game. The Renard goal of course wasn’t on her but the marking. Afterthought overall since there was a win.

Defense showed me something I didn’t think they had. They held discipline virtually the entire game. That breeds some confidence.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Commentator mentioned they were looking at it. Possibly it was cursory since it was 2-0 rather late. Had it been a tie game they would have stopped the game and likely the ref would have looked.

I’m not sure I like such situational application of VAR. As mentioned what if France tied it and went on the win in penalties? I feel like there was some pressure from all the gripes on VAR slowing the game down. So why stop the game to see if it is 2-0 or 3-0 that late? I don’t agree.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll be honest, if things are getting dicey she needs to go in for Morgan.

Agreed totally. And up until last night that had clearly been the plan. Lloyd in at Center Forward for Morgan.

I think the only reason they subbed differently yesterday is they were bunkering and needed Lloyd’s talent more around midfield. She’s really good at disrupting at midfield. Almost as good as striking.

I think she is right set as a super sub. And if it gets dicey with Morgan she has to be in there.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh shit....Sweden!!! I did not see that coming!

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed totally. And up until last night that had clearly been the plan. Lloyd in at Center Forward for Morgan.

I think the only reason they subbed differently yesterday is they were bunkering and needed Lloyd’s talent more around midfield. She’s really good at disrupting at midfield. Almost as good as striking.

I think she is right set as a super sub. And if it gets dicey with Morgan she has to be in there.

Well I hope they do it. Morgan is a good player but Lloyd has been special and you just know she can be counted on when it really matters. As much as I’d like to I can’t say that about Morgan.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh shit....Sweden!!! I did not see that coming!

After watching the highlights.....that right there. What took Germany down is my greatest concern with this US team. The susceptibility on the counter.

One well placed long pass from the back line, connecting with a forward splitting unprepared center backs is what made the difference in that one.

We did well to take the counter from Sweden in the group match.....but all the teams left surely can execute that.