• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Womens World Cup Thread

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big upset for Sweden. I have a US/Sweden final now with the US winning.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever did the draw needs to be fired and shipped out to sea

Get this... From what I am reading, because of this loss, France will not be in the Olympics next year. For some reason Europe is using WC results and taking the top three finishers to represent UEFA...

Guess Germany is out as well in that case...

Europe sending Sweden, Great Britain and Netherlands to the 2020 Olympics...

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rapinoe not starting.... Interesting. I like Press though, so we'll see.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think we have the kind of roster to do these things. Horan back in for Mewis, as well.

Mewis and Horan I get. We will need midfield tough and solid to break down this opponent way more than height in the box.

Rapinoe a curve ball but I’m good with Press. I wonder if they did glean something of English strategy from the hotel kurfuffle the other day that leads to this. I fully expect Pinoe to be one of the three subs regardless of how the game goes.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh oh @Zooky , she out for the game

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they're not announcing why she isn't playing. That's odd. It's the finals so if she's hurt it's not like they're tipping off a future opponent.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Zooky , she out for the game[/QUOTE]

It's okay, Alex Morgan wasn't singing, so we can look forward to outrage somewhere. ;)

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Zooky , she out for the game

It's okay, Alex Morgan wasn't singing, so we can look forward to outrage somewhere. ;)[/QUOTE]

I heard she was out night putting with the 15 year old daughter of the coach

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who needs Pinoe? ;)

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they're not announcing why she isn't playing. That's odd. It's the finals so if she's hurt it's not like they're tipping off a future opponent.

Still a game to go. So still some gamesmanship to play. Word from commentators was hamstring. Im sure she is Starting saturday.

We were fine without. Still a top quality club with Press in there.
Man.....England is a tough out, but they killed themselves late in the game. Just desserts that they screwed that PK because they should not have gotten it. Sauerbrun did everything she could to avoid contact and only did because White geared up her shot and initiated it. Still.... Naeher had to make the right guess and she did. Loving her play more and more as the games go on.

I dont know if i want sweden more or netherlands. Maybe sweden by a hair (netherlands live legs could give us fits) but i never want to give a quality opponent a second chance.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I laughed when Lawless was asked at halftime "how much the USA missed Rapinoe?"..

"not at all", was his response.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thing better is if this game had been played on the 4th.

Suck it again, England.

Reactions: gob

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get this... From what I am reading, because of this loss, France will not be in the Olympics next year. For some reason Europe is using WC results and taking the top three finishers to represent UEFA...

Guess Germany is out as well in that case...

Europe sending Sweden, Great Britain and Netherlands to the 2020 Olympics...
This is too funny. The US has single highhandedly kept one of the top 4 teams out of the Olympics. Great ceding by FIFA. England gets a shot at the Olympics as "Great Britain" I believe.

Excellent Call.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense continues to worry me moving forward. So many missed opportunities on both sides. No idea how the US didn't score on the England goalie mishap. That was a tough match. It's nice that they have a four day rest till the finals. Btw, I think I would rather the US play the Netherlands than facing Sweden for a second time.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid work got in the way of me being able to see this match. I see a PK was stopped and a Red Card was given to England... How was the PK save? People have told me it was an easy save even if she hit it with pace... Was the Red card worth it?

Did they call back Egland's 2nd goal due to off sides? All I saw was the score 2-2 then it went VAR and back to 1-2

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense continues to worry me moving forward. So many missed opportunities on both sides. No idea how the US didn't score on the England goalie mishap. That was a tough match. It's nice that they have a four day rest till the finals. Btw, I think I would rather the US play the Netherlands than facing Sweden for a second time.

What happened?

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid work got in the way of me being able to see this match. I see a PK was stopped and a Red Card was given to England... How was the PK save? People have told me it was an easy save even if she hit it with pace... Was the Red card worth it?

Did they call back Egland's 2nd goal due to off sides? All I saw was the score 2-2 then it went VAR and back to 1-2

Decent save on the PK but not a very good kick either. Red card was a 2nd yellow and was a studs up tackle that was an easy yellow if not potentially a straight red tackle. 2nd England was offsides, it was pretty close but she was offsides.

What happened?

Goalie passed it to England player and Press was right there and took the ball away and then too a bad shot but had Morgan open for a much easier shot for a goal. The decision reminded me of what Naeher did against Spain that led to their goal.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decent save on the PK but not a very good kick either. Red card was a 2nd yellow and was a studs up tackle that was an easy yellow if not potentially a straight red tackle. 2nd England was offsides, it was pretty close but she was offsides.

Goalie passed it to England player and Press was right there and took the ball away and then too a bad shot but had Morgan open for a much easier shot for a goal. The decision reminded me of what Naeher did against Spain that led to their goal.

thank you for all your info.... Yeah studs up need a red card but if it was a 2nd yellow yup, good bye. So VAR actually worked huh?

Damn, sounds like it was a sure fire F up by the US on the goalie mess up.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Studs up tackle on the second yellow card. Dead to rights for sure. But just seeing that play again on replay reminds me of this....Morgan is really good at selling the foul. I know the causal to non fan finds this disgusting....but it’s no different that selling a charge or other foul in basketball. She is really good at it.

Press showed one limitation over Rapinoe in my view on the botched goalie play. She had Morgan perfectly set in the box. Put it to her feet and it’s really got a chance. But Press has more of a strikers mind and never pulled her head up. It wasn’t a bad shot....but if she looked up there was a sure fire assist there.

Small gripe as she was fantastic in this game!