• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Patriots' News

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't disagree with you but.......$9.1M or $6M and a ring. If you've earned $10-$20M already and you're in your twenties, how much difference is $3M going to make when your 55? That ring will make a ton of difference in any profession or everyday walk of life. Especially if you earned with TB12 and BB.

Just my opinion.

There is not a single shred of proof the Pats offered anything. Not sure why people are believing this. So in the end he took the best offer presented to him that can't be a bad thing.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't the hoop great?
As long as you continue to dig in your heels posters feel it makes their bs true.

It's actually a shame on a team board some posters are as bad as the media.

Doing just a shred of research can certainly disprove days of chest thumping. So I guess the deal Daniels signed was the most lucrative and only about the $.

Report: Mike Daniels turned down more money to play with Lions, Matt Patricia

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's equally amazing how there is nothing stating the Pats made any offer or that it would have been an honor to play with TB12 and BB. And by doing so one would almost be guaranteed a RING. This further supports the notion that same players play for their needs and desires versus any given whims of a fanbase.

Its also keen to note there are some reading comp issues, "But as it turn out, Daniels may have actually turned down a better deal to play with the Detroit Lions specifically". May have again more hearsay and drivel.

Last edited:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't the hoop great?
As long as you continue to dig in your heels posters feel it makes their bs true.

It's actually a shame on a team board some posters are as bad as the media.

Doing just a shred of research can certainly disprove days of chest thumping. So I guess the deal Daniels signed was the most lucrative and only about the $.

Report: Mike Daniels turned down more money to play with Lions, Matt Patricia

I have sorta stayed out of this one buthere goes.

Having been a professional athlete I side with taking the money when offered. There are excepions. This is not one of them. @NWPATSFAN , your passion for the win is louding your judgement on this one. When you are a professional - it means you play for money. All rhetoric aside, kids grow up thinking how rich they'll be if they are good enough. Yes they think bout winning - and that passion for winning is what brings the money. Every athlete would gladly have both.

If Brady was not married to Gizelle and was making $3 million, he'd gladly sign elswhere for more money......

th

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Having been a professional athlete I side with taking the money when offered. There are excepions. This is not one of them. @NWPATSFAN , your passion for the win is louding your judgement on this one. When you are a professional - it means you play for money. All rhetoric aside, kids grow up thinking how rich they'll be if they are good enough. Yes they think bout winning - and that passion for winning is what brings the money. Every athlete would gladly have both.

If Brady was not married to Gizelle and was making $3 million, he'd gladly sign elswhere for more money......

th
That's simply completely untrue. Have you seen his combine video? He signed a deal with the devil to get Gizelle and be better than Montana. The money part was decided in advance.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

th

Yet the article I posted said he took less. He's not the only one who has ever signed for less. This isn't just a pro athlete decision. People take less just because of the situation it offers.

You're also making an assumption about TB.

I really can't stand people claiming absolutes, it's so PE1 like.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots are waiving OL Cole Croston with a non-football injury designation, per @FieldYates. Croston projected as a No. 4 offensive tackle who was on the roster bubble. He appeared in 5 games over the last two seasons for the Patriots.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To build some depth on their offensive line, the Patriots have signed undrafted free agent guard Martez Ivey (Florida). Ivey is 6-foot-5, 315 pounds

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

th

Yes and no.
There is NO WAY Brady would be making $3 million anywhere.
He took discounts to stay in New England and play with/for BB & RK before Giselle came into the picture.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet the article I posted said he took less. He's not the only one who has ever signed for less. This isn't just a pro athlete decision. People take less just because of the situation it offers.

You're also making an assumption about TB.

I really can't stand people claiming absolutes, it's so PE1 like.
Claiming absolutes is just rhetoric. Don't be the fool who argues against the use of the word "always" when the context is really "almost always". And I have no issue with the debate back and forth about maximum money vs good will. I defend the money grabbers but prefer the good willers.

BostonBlackie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's an absolute: Daniels signed with Detriot, end of story.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Claiming absolutes is just rhetoric. Don't be the fool who argues against the use of the word "always" when the context is really "almost always". And I have no issue with the debate back and forth about maximum money vs good will. I defend the money grabbers but prefer the good willers.

It's the combination of always, articles posted that are 180 degrees different from what a claimer posted and stating what a player would and wouldn't do. Combined with using an obtuse or extreme remark to try and make a point.

We all have opinions and that's great. But words do have meanings. I think we all agree if the player was offered a huge difference he and likely the majority of us (yes me included) wouldn't pass that up. But that just isn't the case here from what we've seen reported. Hell the article is proving my point.

Not sure why this is so hard to understand?

Besides I'm sure there is also quite a financial difference between a pro motorcrosser and a pro football player.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a fact.......................Brady is making $15M in 2019 and he counts $27M against the cap because of the signing bonus. He ain't po'.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the combination of always, articles posted that are 180 degrees different from what a claimer posted and stating what a player would and wouldn't do. Combined with using an obtuse or extreme remark to try and make a point.

We all have opinions and that's great. But words do have meanings. I think we all agree if the player was offered a huge difference he and likely the majority of us (yes me included) wouldn't pass that up. But that just isn't the case here from what we've seen reported. Hell the article is proving my point.

Not sure why this is so hard to understand?

Besides I'm sure there is also quite a financial difference between a pro motorcrosser and a pro football player.
But why worry about how someone else delivers their opinion if you are confident in your own?

And trust me, I see that I too need to follow my own words.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a fact.......................Brady is making $15M in 2019 and he counts $27M against the cap because of the signing bonus. He ain't po'.
But isn't it more about the past dollars being guaranteed and pushed forward "as" a signing bonus to reduce his cap hit then? If I remember right his cap hit in 17 was minuscule (wasn't it 17?), which minimized his loss from the suspension games.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But why worry about how someone else delivers their opinion if you are confident in your own?

I'm not sure I'm worried about it.

I just like to ensure the record is straight. The majority of my posts are factual. Backed up with data. If people don't like or agree with the data presented oh well.

At the same time when I post an opinion I try and ensure I state it as such.

Again words have meaning. Especially when it's in social media. I don't want to sit here and have to try and decipher what a poster meant.

And trust me, I see that I too need to follow my own words.